The Official TDN Item Price Check Topic

Tedhaun

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Someone messaged me out of the blue on Neopets, asking if I'd like to buy his Island Peophin (TCG) card. JN has no price on it, and there isn't another one listed in trades, SSW, or Auctions. He wants 35mil for it. I'm not going to agree, not at that price. But it would be NICE to have a pricing idea of what the TCG card is actually worth. I might be able to counter his offer with a more reasonable amount. But most likely, I'll wait until I start working more on my Peophin gallery. Which has been on a hiatus for quite a while now. lol

Another thing that make me a LITTLE suspicious about his asking price, is that his account is only 3 months old, and he's got some message in his profile about wanting his accounts freed. He's also got a number of rare items up for Trade on the trading post. I mean, ranging in the 3-20mil NP, EACH. Not for any one lot. Including a Wand of the Dark Faerie, no price asked just "mail offers". Which I'm also surprised to see, for such a "young" account.

Thanks in advance for any info regarding the asking price and real value of the TCG and such!

11 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Someone messaged me out of the blue on Neopets, asking if I'd like to buy his Island Peophin (TCG) card. JN has no price on it, and there isn't another one listed in trades, SSW, or Auctions. He wants 35mil for it. I'm not going to agree, not at that price. But it would be NICE to have a pricing idea of what the TCG card is actually worth. I might be able to counter his offer with a more reasonable amount. But most likely, I'll wait until I start working more on my Peophin gallery. Which has been on a hiatus for quite a while now. lol

Another thing that make me a LITTLE suspicious about his asking price, is that his account is only 3 months old, and he's got some message in his profile about wanting his accounts freed. He's also got a number of rare items up for Trade on the trading post. I mean, ranging in the 3-20mil NP, EACH. Not for any one lot. Including a Wand of the Dark Faerie, no price asked just "mail offers". Which I'm also surprised to see, for such a "young" account.

Thanks in advance for any info regarding the asking price and real value of the TCG and such!

Can't help with the pricing I'm afraid, but I'd be very suspicious of that account. If he hasn't got access to his mains - so frozen, most likely, but possibly an old account he can't remember a birthday for - he can't have transferred items over. With that in mind, it seems highly suspect that he would have so many high tier items on a new account - one like a transmog, I can understand getting from an RE, but multiple? I'd be tempted to say he's bought the items with real money, so even if you traded for it, there's a reasonable chance you wouldn't have it for very long.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 6:11 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

Thank you both, @Secre and @jellysundae! I'll just say it's way out of my price-range, which it is. lol I'm trying to save up for some new battledome gear, and even if I had 35 mil, I wouldn't blow it on a TCG card like that. 馃槈 Thanks again for the advice!

That account seems to have been banned by the way, so a good shout on not buying that item...