The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

I'm fairly new to the stock market, and I was wondering what's the usual for # of shares bought, # of np paid, and when's a good time to sell? So far my strategy has just been clicking around the things that have a plus sign... :

Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to invest? This is what I have currently...

1388141792934.jpg

I'm thinking it's time to sell KSON since it's dropping? I bought KSON, POWR, and SWNC before my hiatus (which was a year ago ish) and before I read any guides and stuff :P

I always buy whatever I have the least of at 15. xD And then I wait to sell until it's at LEAST at 60np a share.

My biggest suggestion for you is to start buying daily, and always buy 1000 shares. If you had done that with KSON you'd be looking at a REALLY nice chunk of NP, rather than less than 3k. :) Always try to buy at 15, since it's the lowest amount you can buy at, and so you'll get the greatest return when it hits your sell point of ~whatever~. haha. 60 is a common sell point, since it's 300% increase on your initial investment (assuming a 15NP investment). Some people, if they need the NP more quickly for a paintbrush or whatever, will sell at 30 or 45, since it's still a nice return on your investment, but stocks reach it more quickly than 60. :)

Here is my portfolio, under a spoiler because it's long. xD

25f7mt5.png

whz1qv.png

2nsyo93.png

My stocks aren't doing so great right now, but not too long ago I sold 20k stocks and got a profit of 1.5million or so? Something like that. :)

I always buy whatever I have the least of at 15. xD And then I wait to sell until it's at LEAST at 60np a share.

My biggest suggestion for you is to start buying daily, and always buy 1000 shares. If you had done that with KSON you'd be looking at a REALLY nice chunk of NP, rather than less than 3k. :) Always try to buy at 15, since it's the lowest amount you can buy at, and so you'll get the greatest return when it hits your sell point of ~whatever~. haha. 60 is a common sell point, since it's 300% increase on your initial investment (assuming a 15NP investment). Some people, if they need the NP more quickly for a paintbrush or whatever, will sell at 30 or 45, since it's still a nice return on your investment, but stocks reach it more quickly than 60. :)

Here is my portfolio, under a spoiler because it's long. xD

25f7mt5.png

whz1qv.png

2nsyo93.png

My stocks aren't doing so great right now, but not too long ago I sold 20k stocks and got a profit of 1.5million or so? Something like that. :)

Oh, thank you for the great advice! Yeah, when I finally revisited the stock market I was just staring at KSON and thinking "what if..."

I've always been confused as to how people can usually make at least 50k+ off the SM and I hope I'm one of them... Now it's time to master Food Club!

Oh, thank you for the great advice! Yeah, when I finally revisited the stock market I was just staring at KSON and thinking "what if..."

I've always been confused as to how people can usually make at least 50k+ off the SM and I hope I'm one of them... Now it's time to master Food Club!

Given time, you definitely will be. ^_^ Stocks can be frustrating, since it's such a long term investment. I wasn't able to sell any of the stocks I bought for several months after I started, and it was so annoying. @.@ But now I can sell quite frequently, and I still have a nice diverse portfolio. :)

As for Food Club, I would start by following other people's bets. :) You can get a feel for how the bets are made, often see their reasoning for going with this instead of that. If you want to see how your own bets would do, but you don't want to risk your NP on it, you could put them down on paper, and then check them the next day. :) There should be some good tips on this thread (http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/38968-the-official-food-club-topic/). It's not been active in a while, but you can always make a post there, and I'm sure lots of people would pop up. ;3

Sold 4k AAVL at 56 since it like never goes up above 40-something. 5k left. Waiting for 70 or higher.

Bought 1k LDSC at 15.

My sellpoint for AAVL is 80, so I'm holding... and holding... and holding. I'm up to 758.5k shares of everything. I've got 3 different stocks with 30k+ shares, 15 with 20k to <30k shares, 16 with 10k to <20k shares, and only 6 with <10k shares (and no shares of the 3 worth several hundred NP per share).

Ah, well. That was the point of picking higher sellpoints -- to keep more NP in the stock market, and cash out with bigger gains. Not only will I be getting more per share, I'll be selling more shares at a time. Theoretically. If anything ever hits... Right now I'm keeping an eye on AAVL and TAG (SP = 80, 79), and looking askance at the yoyoing MYNCI (SP = 120). I should reassess my sellpoints in the next few months, now that there's another year of market data.

ETA: Woohoo! Finally, finally, I can sell something. BOTT just hit 70, which is my sellpoint. I sold 6k of my 17k shares, hoping to be able to time the market (when will I ever learn?).

Edited by siniri

• 1 month later...

You said it Finn! It's been nice. Was able to get quite a few stocks I was low on!!!! :D My portofolio is getting larger. xD

• 4 weeks later...

...dude. When did LUPE fly over 400?! Seriously. I'm glad I have 14k shares leftover. Time to cash in more monies. shiftyeyes_anim.gif

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 20233 NP. After 2 successful transactions, you have 914213.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SHRX is also on the rise, albeit slowly. Needs to pop up to 60, it's been a loooong time since I've sold SHRX :P

BB is still being stubborn and refusing to go over 60, but I'll wait it out. Could sell now, I do have quite a few shares...