The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

1 minute ago, Jena92 said:

BB I have 124 shares,EEEEE  I have 1,000 shares and  65 shares of SWNC

That's what I have so far in my stocks  

How often are you buying them so far, Jena? Are the 1000 of EEEEE the first full amount you've bought all in one go, or did you get that many from several purchases?

I buy 1000 shares a day from a single stock at a time. I pay 15-17K (if there are none available in that range I don't buy).

Over the years I've also purchased 1 (ONE) share from each one of the available stocks. That way I can look at my portfolio and see the values of ALL of Neopia's stocks. I never sell the single share. So all my stocks shares are like 12001, 8001, 16001, 2001, or, if I've sold off in full for profit...just 1. Hope that makes sense.

I've been using this method for years. I usually don't SELL until it hits 90+, so my Stock Portfolio is like another bank account. 

Buy Low Sell High!

Good luck!

:D

8 hours ago, fullonparanoid said:

Over the years I've also purchased 1 (ONE) share from each one of the available stocks. That way I can look at my portfolio and see the values of ALL of Neopia's stocks.

*mind blown*

Why didn't I think of doing it that way! facepalm.gif

I work from the other end and keep 1k back when I sell my stocks, but I think I'm going to adopt your method too!

I do a combination of the two of you--when I sell, I keep 1 share to keep an eye on it. But I don't go buy them specifically for that purpose. I know it would only take one day, but it would drive me nuts to only purchase a handful of individual stocks instead of the full 1000. And I couldn't bring myself to buy an awkward number of stocks with the one leftover. 

I just always bought the stock at 15 of which I had the least, and sometimes if I had none of two of them, I'd get 500 of each.  Now, I don't sell all, partially to keep them in my stocks, but partially because it *could* go up.  Plus, I don't really need the np on hand, so I don't care about selling.  And I still buy whatever I have least of for 15 a share (or 10 if boon)

31 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

And I couldn't bring myself to buy an awkward number of stocks with the one leftover. 

Yeah I've already talked myself out of doing this because of that. xD

SMUG is 88

Transaction Result
1 1000 shares of SMUG Sold 1000 shares of SMUG for 88000 NP.
2 750 shares of SMUG Sold 750 shares of SMUG for 66000 NP.
3 1000 shares of SMUG Sold 1000 shares of SMUG for 88000 NP.
4 1000 shares of SMUG Sold 1000 shares of SMUG for 88000 NP.

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission. 

Summary : You had 5724 NP. After 4 successful transactions, you have 335704. 

12 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

SMUG is 88

Transaction Result
1 1000 shares of SMUG Sold 1000 shares of SMUG for 88000 NP.
2 750 shares of SMUG Sold 750 shares of SMUG for 66000 NP.
3 1000 shares of SMUG Sold 1000 shares of SMUG for 88000 NP.
4 1000 shares of SMUG Sold 1000 shares of SMUG for 88000 NP.

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission. 

Summary : You had 5724 NP. After 4 successful transactions, you have 335704. 

Yeah I noticed it was back up in the 80s earlier. I think the 1K I have left of it's the only thing keeping my portfolio in the green right now, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's broken for the moment. You can still buy stocks though, if you know the once you want (or know the ones that are on 15).

Here's an easy way to see which stocks are at 15 until the bargain page is fixed in case you don't already own most stocks:

- View a page where the scrolling stock marquee is shown (easier to do on pages with little information, like the buy page), right click, and View page source

- Hit Ctrl+F and type " 15 " (without the quotes; make sure there's a space before and after the 15), and it will highlight which stocks are currently at 15

8 hours ago, okkusu said:

Thanks for the advice. I actually just checked the boards and someone found a workaround link for the Bargain Stocks page:

Bargain Stocks

Nice!

I'll be making good use that this, thanks for posting. :D

Hi! I was just wondering if someone could tell me how often you check your stocks. Once a day? More? Or does it depend on the stock you're watching? Also, thanks for the quick link. I had been using the % search to see the stock page, but that shows you everything... like, ever, even old bankrupt ones. Thanks in advance!

47 minutes ago, the_lady_j said:

Hi! I was just wondering if someone could tell me how often you check your stocks. Once a day? More? Or does it depend on the stock you're watching? Also, thanks for the quick link. I had been using the % search to see the stock page, but that shows you everything... like, ever, even old bankrupt ones. Thanks in advance!

Usually once a day.  If something is really close to my selling point I might check it more often.  Or sometimes if I need a little np on hand and don't feel like getting it out of the bank, I might check stocks first to see if there's anything ready.

I'm pretty much the same. I check mine once in the morning when I buy my 1k shares, and if anything is close to my selling point, I'll keep checking throughout the day. Otherwise, it's just the once. 

I also have the premium toolbar, so I can easily check my overall stock performance. I glance at that a couple of times a day just in case there are any drastic changes. 

Same here, I check when doing my dailies and thus buying my daily shares. I should keep an eye out when there is one really high, but I keep forgetting :arrowhead:

On a rare occasion I'll check just before going to bed.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

SWNC has been hovering around 70 the last couple of hours, so I'll be keeping an eye on that today ^^

Yup! It was at 71 when I bought my stocks, but as I was the last one to post in here I couldn't say anything, lol.

It's at 66 right now but I'm gonna glare at it and scare it into going back up again. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

It's at 73 right now, but I only have 1k left and keeping it so I can make a list of how high it all gets. I'm making this to help me decide what to buy in the future.

Now I'm tempted to sell 999 of them too lol.

SWNC
(profile)
69 75 +6 1,000 11,000 75,000 +581.82%