The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

I know there are loads of boards askign this, but I do need help picking my sell point. Right now I'm just building , and don't sell at all, but next year I was thinking of using http://www.neopets.com/~stepchild2 'Million a Month' method. But what would you recommend? By then ,my port will be at around 250-275k shares.

I would like any sell point which gives the best profits, even if that spreads out over a year. I would like to carry on building as well, but maybe by about 100k shares a year. So I guess that's selling around 100-200k shares a year MAX.

So summary:

I don't want to sell more than 200k shares a year,

A million NP a month would be great.

What works for you?

While it certainly is possible, the biggest question that method poses is if you will be able to sell off enough stocks that month to keep your self supporting port up and still earn a profit. It's not advisable to "just keep buying stocks" for one year, if you read through the 15/30 method, your port should be paying for itself. You can potentially earn 1mil a month - it's just not EVERY month that you will have something to sell. And you potentially lose out on a stock going up higher if you just aim to sell when you have some stocks that will earn you 1mil that month. It's certainly a good method to follow because you look at the NP you earn, and not the NP you can potentially earn, but for me it's a wasted chance ;) I like a little gamble and waiting.

I'll average about 300k a month Net profit, every month, due to the size of my portfolio. I always have something to sell. If you're still building, aim for smaller profits each month and don't throw everything into the Market. You're eventually going to want to have some NP on hand.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone here just buy their stocks daily and never ever sell them unless on the off chance they skyrocket? thats what ive been doing for the last 2 years and i find it's a good way to save NP cause even tho stocks fluctuate they don't ever really crash.. tbh if i hadnt done this i would have spent soooo many more nps than i have now.. and maybe one day one of the stocks ive invested in will go crazy and i'll make a few mil :D

does anyone here just buy their stocks daily and never ever sell them unless on the off chance they skyrocket? thats what ive been doing for the last 2 years and i find it's a good way to save NP cause even tho stocks fluctuate they don't ever really crash.. tbh if i hadnt done this i would have spent soooo many more nps than i have now.. and maybe one day one of the stocks ive invested in will go crazy and i'll make a few mil :D

I do this! I bought like 100 shares YEARS ago at 15np per share, went on hiatus, and came back to see it worth over 500 per share. Of course, I was an idiot and only bought 100 shares and not 1,000. But I keep stockpiling the cheap stocks every day, in hopes that one will jump up like that again. I actually just sold some for the first time, now that COFL has been valuable--with all the issues on the site recently I haven't been able to make NP, so I had to part with some stocks, haha.

• 3 months later...

Wow, the age of the last post on this board shows how down the stock market has been lately... but today I sold all my shares of NAKR (25k) for 76 NP each.

I still have 984.5k shares overall, so hopefully some other things will reach my sellpoint soon. I'm keeping an eye on STFP and UNIB.

I have not yet decided if I am gonna start selling again or not.

Last year I decided to ONLY buy.

I am considering next to have a goal of 25K minimum shares in every stock (except for KSON and VPTS!!).

It is hard to refrain from selling when stocks soar, though.

I might fold on NAKR if it continues to rise (I folded, finally, on LUPE last year and made a TON of NPs)

For now...I'm gonna watch and see.

:P

I always sell when they go above 60 and only save 100 just so that I can watch how high they went up :)

I am terribly indecisive so it takes the stress of that away if I set myself a goal that they have to hit ;)

• 1 month later...

i have a lot of ACFI, but i only sell at 60, and unfortunately, it never rose past 58. :( guess it's more waiting for that one.

Right now ACFI is at 60, in case you want to sell. For my part, I'll wait. I could certainly use the money.. but I'll try to restrain myself and wait.

I'm hoping for some upward movement with my selection, CHIA is moving in the right direction; currently at 34, but that's the highest of all mine right now. Only 9/20 are showing green for me at the moment.