The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

i unfortunately have very few KAUF. D: and ACFI dipped so low again. >_< oh well. at least i can't lose money in stocks. it's all a waiting game.

Well, technically you can if a stock goes bankrupt. ^_^ Mercifully though, this doesn't happen very often... I think it's only happened to 8 stocks in all of Neopian history or something like that.

Well, technically you can if a stock goes bankrupt. ^_^ Mercifully though, this doesn't happen very often... I think it's only happened to 8 stocks in all of Neopian history or something like that.

Also, the last time it happened was pre-Viacom, I think. Shhh, don't give JS-TNT any ideas! (I have no idea if TNT manually did that or if it was programmed to randomly happen, but since it occurred 8 times in the first few years and hasn't since, I'm holding out hope that it's broken/been forgotten about...)

• 4 weeks later...

I just made 203,000.00 on YIPP!!!! That was my profit!! I invested 69,000.00 and sold for 272,000.00!!!! Because of that one stock, my whole portfolio was in the black 3%. I am usually in the red, but a few times now I have been in the black. This is the most I have ever made on one stock, I will definitely be investing again.

AAVL is currently on 60, just a heads up :)

Transaction Result 1 1000 shares of AAVL Sold 1000 shares of AAVL for 59000 NP.

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 12241 NP. After 1 successful transaction, you have 71221.

If you're on the winning side of the Sway, do you go for the stock boon? Or one of the others? I went for the stock boon this time because I figured 5k off the stocks is a good deal, but maybe one of the other boons gives more reason to have it..

Usually I go for either the stock boon or the interest at the bank boon, but this time I choose the faerie refresh, because I got a couple of faerie fortune cookies from the faerie event.

LDSC is currently at 62...I was going to see if I could sell (I wasn't able to buy earlier) by just selling 1, but I didn't have any NP on hand >< In the time it took me to play game of Pakiko and the stock climbed from 60 to 62.

Wish me luck, I'm going in!!

EDIT: Success!

Transaction Result 1 999 shares of LDSC Sold 999 shares of LDSC for 61938 NP.

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 373 NP. After 1 successful transaction, you have 62291.

LDSC are at 75 right now, so I could have held off selling until I was on again and still benefitted, no worries though, I'm happy that one of my stocks finally hit the magic number :D

Just a reminder that the more money you have, the more you can make off of stock market.

I don't sell under 500% markup, though less and less stocks seem to reach that these days...

Money to buy stocks comes off of my bank interest which I got by buying/selling stocks.

Totals: 1,268,000 19,183,000 20,885,000 +8.87%

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it's okay to ask here but I need help with stocks! (Probably won't use correct terminology)

Every time I've used stocks in the past I've ended up losing NP. Even after waiting months and on one occasion leaving neopets for a couple of years I still made losses. This time around I decided to not give up and keep trying and buy my 1000 stocks at 15-17NP (which is what I've always done) but I've invested 308,059 and out of the 35 companies only 10 I'm making profit on and bar one of those it's all minor. The rest are in the - double figures.

I've in total managed to get it from being -19% to -6% but I feel like it's just gonna be like all the times before.

Admittedly I've not been doing it long but is there a point in waiting like everyone says or do I just take my money, admit I'm awful and forget about it?