The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I didn't know that either, but now we're both better armed for the future. :D

But what were you doing selling at 40-something? :ohmy:  60 or nothing! :medieval:

Idk, I'm impatient with stocks, so I sell them when they get to 150% of whatever I paid for them. It just kills me to look at that profit and not take advantage of it, always having in mind the possibility that it'll drop back down at any second. 

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Idk, I'm impatient with stocks, so I sell them when they get to 150% of whatever I paid for them. It just kills me to look at that profit and not take advantage of it, always having in mind the possibility that it'll drop back down at any second. 

I used to suffer from Itchy Sell Finger too, lol. Got pretty good at resisting it now though. Even got good at shrugging it off when I've missed a peak altogether and didn't sell at all then things crashed. It'll come around again!

7 hours ago, Rune Valentine said:

How did I miss COFL at 91?! Ugh. It's currently at 87 right now if anyone still has it.

I clearly sold all my COFL stocks the last time they peaked, oh well!

BUZZ is the the only one that I've got any amount of that's looking good at the moment.

Just now, Angeló said:

EEEEE is at 58 

i sold 1000 for 71

still got 1000

Yeah, I sold my EEEEE at 76, and like you just have the 1k left. :nod_yes:

I do like keeping 1k around to see what's going on with things.

You buying 1k of VPTS today, after yesterday's spectacular FC win? :laugh:

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah, I sold my EEEEE at 76, and like you just have the 1k left. :nod_yes:

I do like keeping 1k around to see what's going on with things.

You buying 1k of VPTS today, after yesterday's spectacular FC win? :laugh:

nah im good .. why what's special about VPTS ? i dont play stocks much honestly .. ive had these 2000 shares for 3 yrs

4 minutes ago, Angeló said:

nah im good .. why what's special about VPTS ? i dont play stocks much honestly .. ive had these 2000 shares for 3 yrs

Those are the ones that are 1500+ each, lol.

NICE! I hope there's people out there who can benefit from that. These big climbs tend to mean most people have caved in and sold before the figure gets really high, don't they.

4 minutes ago, delshnya said:

COFL is at 110 right know... I said I was going to sell as soon as it reached 100... but greed is taking over....

How many have you got? Do the split thing and sell half?

On 11/05/2017 at 9:32 PM, delshnya said:

13000. But when I sell, I will sell 12000, I like to have all stocks and see how it changes.

Yeah, I like to hold 1k back too :nod_yes: COFL's at 160 right this second...

I know I'd be tempted to sell all right now, lol. But I also see the sense in selling half now and the rest later if things go up further.

Look at it this way though, whatever you do you've got a big profit on your hands! :D

Out of my stocks BUZZ is at 70 right now, I'll be keeping an eye on that today.

EDIT

Checking the boards, COFL has been up as high as 122 in the last 24 hours. :bigeyed:

SATURDAY EDIT

BUZZ is now at 89!! I sold 5k at 73 last night, SO glad I didn't sell them all!

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, stebenjos said:

MPC is currently sitting at 96. Hoping it'll go up another 4!

I sold all of mine when they went up recently, so I've not been able to keep tabs on them, I guess they never actually went down again then?

96 though...very nice! Good ol' spuds!

FAER is at 39 right now, so I'll be keeping an eye on that one today and tomorrow...fingers crossed!

I'm restraining myself from selling right now like I normally would in the hopes that it'll go higher, hope I don't regret it!

15 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

FAER is at 39 right now, so I'll be keeping an eye on that one today and tomorrow...fingers crossed!

I'm restraining myself from selling right now like I normally would in the hopes that it'll go higher, hope I don't regret it!

*ties your sell finger behind your back*

Now sit there, keep still, and behave yourself!

On 2017-06-05 at 7:50 AM, kayahtik said:

I had the same struggle yesterday!

On 2017-06-05 at 8:18 AM, jellysundae said:

*ties your sell finger behind your back*

Now sit there, keep still, and behave yourself!

FAER is now at 57, it was at 58 so I'll be watching this one like a hawk today. I think FAER often tends to go higher then 100. I only scooped up 5,000 shared so I'm not going to wait, once it hits 60 I'm cashing in.

I haven't checked my portfolio yet today, I'm still patiently refreshing the bargain stocks page; waiting for one to be at 15 so I don't have to pay extra. *skinflint* :laughingsmiley:

*peeks at port*

I've got 8k of FAER, will be nice if they climb higher yet. My total's back in the green now at least. Though at its more normal "only just" in the green. During the recent boom I couldn't get used to it being figures like +25.68 at all. :laughingsmiley:

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

FAER is now at 57, it was at 58 so I'll be watching this one like a hawk today. I think FAER often tends to go higher then 100. I only scooped up 5,000 shared so I'm not going to wait, once it hits 60 I'm cashing in.

I saw it at 58 this morning, but then it dropped back down a few points, so I panicked and sold Dx 

-hides from Jelly- At least I didn't sell at 35 like I usually do? Still 200k profit from my 5000 shares. I kept 1 back so I can see how high it's going to go now that I've sold and torture myself a little. 

34 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I saw it at 58 this morning, but then it dropped back down a few points, so I panicked and sold Dx 

-hides from Jelly- At least I didn't sell at 35 like I usually do? Still 200k profit from my 5000 shares. I kept 1 back so I can see how high it's going to go now that I've sold and torture myself a little. 

Hehe. This is a big improvement for you though!

You'll be looking at shares that are stalled at 70, and not even considering selling them, before you know it!