The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

FAER is still dropping! NOOOOOOO! Come back up so I can make some money off you PLEASE! :D

I guess it wants to torture us some before it gets to 60.

6 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

FAER is still dropping! NOOOOOOO! Come back up so I can make some money off you PLEASE! :D

I guess it wants to torture us some before it gets to 60.

It's one of those troll things again, it KNOWS that a percentage of people get the jitters and sell, so it uses various ploys to get as many as possible to do that, so when it FINALLY climbs to a high figure, just about no-one's got any of those stocks left!

OFC it does the opposite too, for those who hold out against all temptation...THEN it crashes into oblivion instead. :laughingsmiley:

I don't know how ANYONE survives playing the actual stock market. But they don't survive very long, do they? Stomach ulcers at 35 and heart attacks by 50, etc...

3 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

One can only hope :P I'm learning slowly. 

I dunno, going from selling at 30 to almost holding out from selling at nearly 60 seems like a big jump along that learning curve to me. :D

If they hadn't dropped from 58, but sat all day at that, would you still standing firm now do you think?

42 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I dunno, going from selling at 30 to almost holding out from selling at nearly 60 seems like a big jump along that learning curve to me. :D

If they hadn't dropped from 58, but sat all day at that, would you still standing firm now do you think?

Yes, if they hadn't dropped three updates in a row, I would've held out to 60 I think. It's when they start dropping consistently--or worse, multiple points in one update!--that I start getting jumpy. I see now it's back up to 57, so I'll probably regret my decision soon :P

But really it doesn't bother me too bad. Like yes, I could've made more profit, but really not that much more, unless it suddenly skyrockets. I only had 5000 shares, so one point = 5k nps. Really, when you're talking in the hundreds of thousands, does 5-15k make much of a difference? Not really. I dumped an effortless 200k in the bank, which put me just over 15m, so I'm happy.

1 minute ago, kayahtik said:

Yes, if they hadn't dropped three updates in a row, I would've held out to 60 I think. It's when they start dropping consistently--or worse, multiple points in one update!--that I start getting jumpy. I see now it's back up to 57, so I'll probably regret my decision soon :P

But really it doesn't bother me too bad. Like yes, I could've made more profit, but really not that much more, unless it suddenly skyrockets. I only had 5000 shares, so one point = 5k nps. Really, when you're talking in the hundreds of thousands, does 5-15k make much of a difference? Not really. I dumped an effortless 200k in the bank, which put me just over 15m, so I'm happy.

Good lass! :D

I'll admit I get anxious when things start dropping, but prices fluctuate so much throughout any day I'm learning to just breathe....and check back later, lol.

13 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Good lass! :D

I'll admit I get anxious when things start dropping, but prices fluctuate so much throughout any day I'm learning to just breathe....and check back later, lol.

I managed that yesterday! But then there was today, and being calm two days in a row just isn't my style :P Next time!
You have become my stock market mentor :heart:

3 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I managed that yesterday! But then there was today, and being calm two days in a row just isn't my style :P Next time!
You have become my stock market mentor :heart:

:heart:

This is like @rntracy1 being my SDB sponsor! Tracy is there to talk me down if I get bad urges to start discarding items. :ph34r: Tracy has taught me to never throw anything away!

I'm happy to offer the same kind of help to you if you're fighting the urge to sell! :D 

TNPT is at 93 currently!

I'm really loving the market right now considering how recent MPC was above 100 :happydance:

15 minutes ago, stebenjos said:

TNPT is at 93 currently!

I'm really loving the market right now considering how recent MPC was above 100 :happydance:

D: Another that I've only got 1k of because I sold them when they last peaked, lol.

FAER's still flirting with us I see...54 at the mo.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, delshnya said:

Wow... MPC is at 135 right now... After more than a month away... that is a nice come back... I won't buy for now, because last I checked it was at 130 or so... who knows...

They opened at 162 :bigeyed: I clearly sold all my stocks in them ages ago. *thinks* Well, maybe a couple of months back, looks like they've replaced TNTP for the current stocks you most regret selling earlier. :laugh:

Having said that, my portfolio's healthily in the green right now +25.75% so a lot are behaving themselves nicely at the moment!

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

They opened at 162 :bigeyed: I clearly sold all my stocks in them ages ago. *thinks* Well, maybe a couple of months back, looks like they've replaced TNTP for the current stocks you most regret selling earlier. :laugh:

Having said that, my portfolio's healthily in the green right now +25.75% so a lot are behaving themselves nicely at the moment!

I have not being back long, when I first saw them they were lower than 130 I think, and I decided to wait because I did not know if they were going up or down.

FISH was at 61 earlier and I got greedy and waited, now it's back down to only 56 :K Here's hoping it pops back up again. I've also got my eyes on HUW and NATN, which have been rising and dropping over the last few days, hovering around 40. 

Yeah I saw FISH had taken a big leap upwards earlier. It's kind of funny that now I look at a stock that's risen to 60+ and am like, "is that all?" lol xD

I tend to not even consider selling now until something's well into the 70s.

So @kayahtik as you progress with not selling, I do too! :laughingsmiley:

Saturday July 22nd

*sigh* So I sold my SHRX shares at 75 and was pleased with myself for practicing what I preach, lol, and today I see they leapt overnight and are currently at 94

:hmmph:

:laughingsmiley:

*hauls people in to revive thread* :ph34r:

@kayahtik @Mouseykins @Angeló @stebenjos @delshnya

How are you guys doing right now?

KBAT's bouncing around there in the 50s/60s, that and my remaining 1k of SHRX is playing a big part in my portfolio being +20 right now. Though UNIB being in the 40s is definitely helping.

What's the largest amount you've got of stocks? 27k of CHIA is my highest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, jellysundae said:

Saturday July 22nd

*sigh* So I sold my SHRX shares at 75 and was pleased with myself for practicing what I preach, lol, and today I see they leapt overnight and are currently at 94

:hmmph:

:laughingsmiley:

*hauls people in to revive thread* :ph34r:

How are you guys doing right now?

KBAT's bouncing around there in the 50s/60s, that and my remaining 1k of SHRX is playing a big part in my portfolio being +20 right now. Though UNIB being in the 40s is definitely helping.

What's the largest amount you've got of stocks? 27k of CHIA is my highest.

Thank you for the heads up on SHRX, I had been watching it yesterday but didn't expect it to jump so much ^_^

I don't really remember when it started but I told myself I'd only sell stocks when they get to 100+. My highest is SKBD with 36k atm. 

For those of you that sell at ~60, how many total stocks do you guys usually sit around at on average?

1 hour ago, stebenjos said:

Thank you for the heads up on SHRX, I had been watching it yesterday but didn't expect it to jump so much ^_^

I don't really remember when it started but I told myself I'd only sell stocks when they get to 100+. My highest is SKBD with 36k atm. 

For those of you that sell at ~60, how many total stocks do you guys usually sit around at on average?

You're welcome! If you hold out for 100+, how often do you actually get to sell any?

On average my totals are in the teens I'd say, let's take a look...

I've got shares in 39 different companies, out of those I have:

8 - 20k range

14 - teens

so 17 at 10k or less, interesting! So that's going to be mainly ones that have peaked and been sold and I'm building up again, isn't it.

Oh oh, anndd, how did you manage to remove the pings from your quote? I've never been able to do that. :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

You're welcome! If you hold out for 100+, how often do you actually get to sell any?

On average my totals are in the teens I'd say, let's take a look...

I've got shares in 39 different companies, out of those I have:

8 - 20k range

14 - teens

so 17 at 10k or less, interesting! So that's going to be mainly ones that have peaked and been sold and I'm building up again, isn't it.

Oh oh, anndd, how did you manage to remove the pings from your quote? I've never been able to do that. :ph34r:

That's actually a good question.. I don't track the frequency but if I had to guess, maybe 1-2 stocks (which I always dump all I have of) a month on average? I'm pretty patient with the stock market as you can tell but I guess I can thank Food Club for mainly funding my gambling quest for a Brucey B Slots trophy, so I don't need to sell stocks that often. 

Similarly I have 39 different companies with 2 of them having less than 20k (1k, 17k), the rest are all 25k+.

As for the pings I just quoted your post, highlighted the portion I wanted to omit and then deleted it before writing my reply :nerd:

That's actually a good question.. I don't track the frequency but if I had to guess, maybe 1-2 stocks (which I always dump all I have of) a month on average? I'm pretty patient with the stock market as you can tell but I guess I can thank Food Club for mainly funding my gambling quest for a Brucey B Slots trophy, so I don't need to sell stocks that often. 

Similarly I have 39 different companies with 2 of them having less than 20k (1k, 17k), the rest are all 25k+.

As for the pings I just quoted your post, highlighted the portion I wanted to omit and then deleted it before writing my reply :nerd:

My patience is developing, I'm not sure I'll ever attain your level, but who knows? When I started with the stocks I'd never have imagined waiting for 75 so I suspect my sell price will gradually creep up!

It's VERY interesting (though I don't know what it signifies) that we've invested in the same number of companies, but you have significantly more at higher value!

Hmm, I do the exact same with the pings but they don't delete, lol. I have gluey ones!! :bigeyed:

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

My patience is developing, I'm not sure I'll ever attain your level, but who knows? When I started with the stocks I'd never have imagined waiting for 75 so I suspect my sell price will gradually creep up!

It's VERY interesting (though I don't know what it signifies) that we've invested in the same number of companies, but you have significantly more at higher value!

Hmm, I do the exact same with the pings but they don't delete, lol. I have gluey ones!! :bigeyed:

Make that 38 companies now that SHRX is at 100 :happydance:

Are you able to delete the text above the pings or does it just delete the text and leaves the pings intact? Weird that it's not letting you.

or does it just delete the text and leaves the pings intact?

This, and yes, it is weird, lol.

How much did you make from SHRX then?

21 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

This, and yes, it is weird, lol.

How much did you make from SHRX then?

Does it let you if you click on the space after the ping and hit backspace twice? 

Think I had 27k stocks so 2.7m.

15 minutes ago, stebenjos said:

Does it let you if you click on the space after the ping and hit backspace twice? 

Think I had 27k stocks so 2.7m.

Can't remember if I've tried that or not, next time I get an opportunity I will though. These pesky pings aren't getting the better of me! xD

2.7mil...not bad for a few minutes work!