The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

Does that mean I should go ahead and buy another 1000 stocks of it tomorrow while I still have the chance? I'm just kinda confused cause it seems like some people have better luck with certain stocks and others not so much. I'm tired of buying ones that stay in the -50's for months on end.... I don't think my port has ever been out of the negative.

Hey sweetie. Don't worry if your portfolio is in the negatives for a long time- my entire portfolio is -15% at the moment- ouch. But, unlike the real world stockmarket, you can be assured that every single stock will rise at some point. The stock market is just a waiting game. So buy your 1k of stocks at 15 each day (or 16-17 if you really want to), and just be patient. -hugs- I know it sucks not selling anything for ages, but it will happen!

All the stocks that I've been selling recently were ones I bought mooooooonths ago while I was trying to get the avatar. If I hadn't been trying to invest a million, I probably would have given up on the stock market because of the complete lack of stocks that seemed to rise. But I'm really seeing the profit from the investing now-- which I wouldn't, if I had stopped investing.

This guide by stepchild9 is great for beginners! I agree with Rebecca, definitely don't give up. You can easily make a huge profit if you're patient and keep buying. Remember that one of your stocks can be in the 100's and you can still have a -12% portfolio, and remember you don't lose ANY money unless you sell! The slowest part of stocks is when you're just starting.

Anyone can feel free to neomail me any questions. Other players helped me out so much when I started investing, and I'd love to return the favor.

Hey sweetie. Don't worry if your portfolio is in the negatives for a long time- my entire portfolio is -15% at the moment- ouch. But, unlike the real world stockmarket, you can be assured that every single stock will rise at some point. The stock market is just a waiting game. So buy your 1k of stocks at 15 each day (or 16-17 if you really want to), and just be patient. -hugs- I know it sucks not selling anything for ages, but it will happen!

All the stocks that I've been selling recently were ones I bought mooooooonths ago while I was trying to get the avatar. If I hadn't been trying to invest a million, I probably would have given up on the stock market because of the complete lack of stocks that seemed to rise. But I'm really seeing the profit from the investing now-- which I wouldn't, if I had stopped investing.

Thanks for that reassurance Rebecca! Yeah, it seems I need to be more patient. In the meantime though I'm going to continue to buy stocks, I wish I would have been this whole time... I'd probably be seeing some profit right now. :P

This guide by stepchild9 is great for beginners! I agree with Rebecca, definitely don't give up. You can easily make a huge profit if you're patient and keep buying. Remember that one of your stocks can be in the 100's and you can still have a -12% portfolio, and remember you don't lose ANY money unless you sell! The slowest part of stocks is when you're just starting.

Anyone can feel free to neomail me any questions. Other players helped me out so much when I started investing, and I'd love to return the favor.

Thanks for the guide! I will most certainly check it out. I do have one question; this is really for anyone that can answer it? (Excuse me if it sounds a tad stupid) but I'm curious... how long does a stock rise before it goes back down to a 15-17 sell point. Do you have to wait just as long for it to drop after it rises that high? The reason I ask is because I don't think I've ever seen BOTT at a sell-point before.

Thanks for that reassurance Rebecca! Yeah, it seems I need to be more patient. In the meantime though I'm going to continue to buy stocks, I wish I would have been this whole time... I'd probably be seeing some profit right now. :P

Thanks for the guide! I will most certainly check it out. I do have one question; this is really for anyone that can answer it? (Excuse me if it sounds a tad stupid) but I'm curious... how long does a stock rise before it goes back down to a 15-17 sell point. Do you have to wait just as long for it to drop after it rises that high? The reason I ask is because I don't think I've ever seen BOTT at a sell-point before.

No problem! But you will start seeing profit soon, I'm sure! In case you get discouraged again, why don't you make the avatar your goal? It doesn't seem you're into avatar collecting too much, but since all you have to do for it is invest daily for a couple months, it just happens naturally, and by the time you get it, you will definitely see some profit! :D

As for your question, it really depends on the stock. Some drop down really rapidly- like, it'll go from 60 to 15 in a matter of days or a week or so. Others... well, they just keep going high and don't seem to come down again-- like KSON, haha. The stocks are completely random- some take foreveeeeeer to rise up to a sell point (as you can see from my massive portfolio of stocks in the negative right now, lol), while other rise super quickly. :)

No problem! But you will start seeing profit soon, I'm sure! In case you get discouraged again, why don't you make the avatar your goal? It doesn't seem you're into avatar collecting too much, but since all you have to do for it is invest daily for a couple months, it just happens naturally, and by the time you get it, you will definitely see some profit! :D

As for your question, it really depends on the stock. Some drop down really rapidly- like, it'll go from 60 to 15 in a matter of days or a week or so. Others... well, they just keep going high and don't seem to come down again-- like KSON, haha. The stocks are completely random- some take foreveeeeeer to rise up to a sell point (as you can see from my massive portfolio of stocks in the negative right now, lol), while other rise super quickly. :)

Thanks for that! Does anyone know of any stocks that tend to rise super quickly? Or is it all just random? I'm just curious what stocks would be the best to invest in in the future. I think I read in a guide once that if there are a lot of stocks from the same company (like kbat for example) you have more competition so it tends not to rise as fast. Versus stocks that don't have any competitors...?

Thanks for that! Does anyone know of any stocks that tend to rise super quickly? Or is it all just random? I'm just curious what stocks would be the best to invest in in the future. I think I read in a guide once that if there are a lot of stocks from the same company (like kbat for example) you have more competition so it tends not to rise as fast. Versus stocks that don't have any competitors...?

Its completely random, but some say that TNPT, TNAH, and CBYU rise quickly. I noticed that KSON also does, but that is out of my budget.

It's allllll random. TNT has some special program to change the stock prices, so just go ahead and buy whatever is at 15, and wait for the profits to roll in. :3

There's a great website called Neodaq that's pretty much a comprehensive tool in managing stocks. If you're really serious about getting into stocks, I suggest checking it out :) They have a feature called a Report Card, which shows all the stocks, average time for them to rise and fall, and the highest they ever went, and how often they will go to a selling point of 45. They also grade the stocks from A-F in terms of the former criteria, so using their tool, it shows that KAUF, NATN, TNPT and TSRC are good stocks to invest in.

SSS has dropped to 14. :(

And you mean TNPT?

If there are no stocks at 15-17, just wait 30 mins. because the stock price updates every 30 mins.

SSS has dropped to 14. :(

And you mean TNPT?

If there are no stocks at 15-17, just wait 30 mins. because the stock price updates every 30 mins.

Not my fave day for buys... bought 1,000 TPT @ 18.

I bought LDSC because I already have 4k NATN. My port has went from +6% to -12% in a matter of days!

SWNC is moving on up there! Currently at 29. (: This is the highest one of my stocks have gone in a long time.

SWNC is moving on up there! Currently at 29. (: This is the highest one of my stocks have gone in a long time.

I have 2k shares of it. :D COFL is coming back. Though my port is getting closer to the avatar! FAER, ACFI, LDSC, and NATN disappointing! I didn't buy ACFI though. I hope KSON finishes its plummet and goes back down to 70 or something. I really want other stocks besides VPTS and KSON too go 500+. *runs to buy stocks*

Nothing at 15 right now, I'll check later.

Totals: 26,000 390,000 325,000 -16.67%

...sigh. It seems like every stock that rises I don't have. I have awful luck with stocks, my highest is at 29 - SWNC. I keep hoping that SMUG and EEEEE get closer to buying. TNAH was close but it skyrocketed today.

I can't seem to buy stocks at 16 - my OCD likes having everything in multiples of 5, just like how I can only deposit NPs in my bank in 5000 NP intervals.

Nothing at 15 right now, I'll check later.

Totals: 26,000 390,000 325,000 -16.67%

...sigh. It seems like every stock that rises I don't have. I have awful luck with stocks, my highest is at 29 - SWNC. I keep hoping that SMUG and EEEEE get closer to buying. TNAH was close but it skyrocketed today.

I can't seem to buy stocks at 16 - my OCD likes having everything in multiples of 5, just like how I can only deposit NPs in my bank in 5000 NP intervals.

Well I hope NATN, BB, BUZZ, CHIA, CHPS, COFL, DROO, FAER, HELT, KAUF,KBAT, LDSC, MYNC, NAKR, SHRX, SSS, STFP, and SWNC all hit 60! All the companies that I have. It would be cool if the stock market could go up 1000 points in one day, and then go down! I would sell and then buy and then sell.

I'm getting closer to the avatar as well! I currently have 400,000 in the stocks. So I'm almost halfway. ^_^

I bought SMUG at 18 today, even though I probably should have waited. I figured though, that it'd be worth it in the end. I think it's one of those stocks that tends to rise rather frequently. So, fingers crossed.

AAVL doesn't seem like it will ever rise. I'm about ready to give up on it. LOL.

CHIA, CHPS, HELT, KBAT, FAER, LDSC, MYNC, PEOP, TPEG, TPP, and TSRC are all doing terrible! :grrr:

My best stock right now, is also SWNC... followed by STFP at 20. My port is not doing so well. -19. OUCH.

I feel you, my portfolio is doing horribly as well. :/ My highest stock is SWNC at 29. Ugh.

Totals: 103,500 1,566,000 1,212,000 -22.61%

I feel you, my portfolio is doing horribly as well. :/ My highest stock is SWNC at 29. Ugh.

Totals: 103,500 1,566,000 1,212,000 -22.61%

Totals: 40,000 605,000 513,000

-15.21%

SWNC hit 30! Just doubled my NP. My port is horrible. I want TNHA, and CBYU to go down to 15 and then hit 60+.

SWNC went down to 27. Of course that would be my luck. :P