NeoQuest II help

mosaro

Hi everyone, I am in the middle of NQII and I am having a lot of trouble finding really basic and detailed guides. I have googled and looked and looked and for some reason I cannot find a guide that really explains weapons and armour. I am really confused on the correct way to choose weapons/armour for each character.

The only sort of information I found was that I should not purchase wands for Mipsy?Is this correct? What should I get then?

Theres a million other noob questions I have about this, but no guides seem to cover it.

I also dont understand the significance of seconds during a fight, is there any point that I should actually do nothing for a couple of seconds or when I have more than one monster is there one I should attack before the other based on the seconds? I am just overall really confused...

I would appreciate the help thanks! :rolleyes_anim:

These are the guides that I have used: IDNQ and Winnie_1964's guide. I'd suggest you look over Winnie's guide! The battle guide section in there will explain what you should do in a battle for the best effects. Also, if you're having difficulty with NQ2, I'd recommend Winnie's skill guide too because the skills are aimed at boss battles. So you will level up a bit slower using those skills, but boss battles will be a walk in the park (I used this for insane and the final boss was insanely easy xD).

It's true you should not purchase wands for Mipsy. You will notice that for weapons you buy, they only have a damage stat. That means that the only thing your weapon will do is add damage to your physical attacks (or the "Attack" command). Since you dont use physical attacks with Mipsy, any amount of weapon damage won't help. Wands that you find will have additional skill stats, and you should use this to judge which weapon you want to use. If you levelled up group damage with her, look for wands with +group dmg. If you leveled up single-target damage, look for wands with that.

Generally, I look at how many GOOD +stats each weapon has, vs how many GOOD stats are taken away. For stats that you dont use, just ignore them. For example...this wand has...

- Damage Shields: +4

- Group Direct Damage: +3

- Group Haste: +3

- Slowing: -2

- Direct Damage: -2

So if I levelled Group Direct Damage, this would be a good wand. the -2 Direct damage is negligible since I don't even use that skill. Also, I probably didn't level slowing, so the -2 there doesn't matter either. However, if I already have my group direct damage maxed out, then this wand loses some of its effectiveness. You cannot go above the maximum for that skill (which is 15). So just look for how many useful stat points a weapon or armor adds or takes away, and remember that skills you dont use don't matter, and any points over the maximum don't matter either.

The same rules apply for armor. The armor you can buy only comes with a defense stat, which is useful on everyone. I'd skip out on buying weapons for Velm too since his attack isn't that helpful, but if you have lots of gold to spare and attack with him quite often, feel free to buy him weapons.

------

As for seconds during the fight, it doesn't actually count seconds in real time. Even if you leave your NQ2 screen there for 2 hours, it won't make a difference in the time elapsed. How the seconds work.. each of your characters/enemies has a certain "wait time" after they attack before they can attack again. So for example, if your battle time is at 5s, and the next move (either you or enemy) is in 2s, then your next screen will update to 7s elapsed time. This is how the battle clock works. It's not really significant.. in fact you can just ignore it but if you learn how to time potions for hard boss fights, it will make them easier. The time between your character's attacks depend on if they're hasted or slowed. You can also decrease the amount of time between their attacks by levelling their innate haste. Also, the time will vary depending on what kind of attacks you use (for example, Talinia's group attack has a longer recovery time than a normal attack).

Hope this helps and makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions.

I second Winnie_1964! I've been loving that guide- only thing that has gotten me as far as I am! And, as always, http://www.idnq-guide.com has amazing maps. :D

I did look through those guides, and I guess I just wanted some more detailed and straight forward explanation on the weapons/armour. But I think you answered all my questions! Thank you very much! I just might come back with some more questions if i get stuck later on :P Thanks again! ^_^