Show off your tattoos!

cherryv

I looked for a thread like this in here but couldn't find it so decided to make my own.

Tattoo art is one of my favourite things in the world, I love to look at people's tattoos and hearing about the stories behind them and of course, having some myself! I even like that weird pain that you feel when you get one.

I would love to see your tattoos guys & gals, feel free to post stories and/or pictures of them!

I'll start with the ones I have...

163919_1788624040033_614504_n.jpg

It's on my left wirst. I know it should say "bulletproof" and not "bullet proof" but I liked it better this way, hahaha. I got it after a rough year, when I had to handle with some pretty rough situations. I would tell the whole story but I don't thing that telling it in this thread is okay u.u but well, getting it was like a final closure for me.

167339_1841231195179_3448485_n.jpg

Sorry for putting such an obvious picture of my face,hahaha, couldn't found a picture with a close up of the tattoo :(

This one I got it for my 19th birthday, it was a gift from a friend :) I wanted it like forever, I love cherries (well, not for nothing people call me "Cherry"), it has no deeper meaning than that, but I absolutely love it.

418143_3490902355927_1866435490_n.jpg

and my favourite, my elephant in my right arm. Is called Jacaranda and I love him. I love elephants since I was an early teenager. For me (this means, for me, not for traditional tattoo meanings) elephants represent inteligence, greatness and good luck, so having this little fella all the time with me is pretty comforting :)

Awesome thread idea! I love all your tattoos, especially that last one. I need to remind myself to post here in a couple of days once I get my new phone. My phone's camera broke so I have no way to share my tattoo, at least for another four days. :sad02:

Anyways, I have a tattoo of my cat who passed away a year ago. He was a HUGE beautiful persian cat. I loved him dearly. Little thing was born in my closest and I had him for 14 whole years, so ever since I was 5 years old. It was just too weird not having him around, so I got him tattooed on me. :wub_anim:

Can't wait to share. The artist was awesome, it really does look just like him. Beautiful blue eyes and all.

<3 <3 <3 Jacaranda!

i've not got any tattoo's and err if i got any (i'm a wimp when it comes to pain) i think my parents would just about murder me. Tattoos aren't for me personally but i think that its a lovely way to express things meaningful to you, a friend of mine has several tattoos, its apparently addictive? at least for her :P she's got ones on her ankle, neck, wrists. another friend got a large one on her calf which she is still working on, and another has a cherry blossom tree on her arm with a implant thing as well.

they are like WOW. expensive though, she told me how much some of them were and it was wow. but they are all beautifully done, so i see why :P

one of our staff members probably will jump with joy when she sees this thread ;)

Can't wait to share. The artist was awesome, it really does look just like him. Beautiful blue eyes and all.

Wow it sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it! I love cats <3

i'm a wimp when it comes to pain

well i'm not a brave person myself, i'm actually terrified of needles and when I went to get my first one I was totally FREAKING OUT. But the pain is pretty subtle, don't feel like needles in the skin, more like a scratch or maybe some electrodes. I personally suffer more with the healing of the tattoo than with the making itself. Not being able to scratch it is horrible, hahaha.

a friend of mine has several tattoos, its apparently addictive? at least for her :P

Yes. Totally yes. A friend of mine have several too, like fifteen, probably some more. She told me that I shouldn't get a tattoo because they are addictive and once I had one I would want more and more and more, and she was right. If I had the money I just wouldn't stop!

they are like WOW. expensive though, she told me how much some of them were and it was wow. but they are all beautifully done, so i see why :P

Oh yes, they are :( and more details & colour means more money you have to spend, but it's totally worth it, after all is not like dying your hair, it stays forever! like permanent clothing for the skin :wub_anim:

I love the cherries especially.

I only have one tattoo so far, and it's quite big for a first tattoo.

252338_10150931250104788_399936210_n.jpg

Obviously I'm sat in a weird position but I love it and it means a lot to me :) my middle name is Rose which is the name my mum chose (we are very close) and it's also my favourite flower. So thought it was a perfect idea for my first tattoo.

I loooove tattoos (On men :-P) I don't have any yet, guy I'm dating has 8 so far.

I'd like a sleeve though.

sleeves! <3

My boyfriend has a full sleeve and has had his other started.

Niice, you need to get some pics and show us!

As requested:

My boyfriends tattoos. I think these are all of them. apart from he has had a few smaller ones that fit in the gaps between each of them.

222350_1057684732692_1810_n.jpg

17572_277939253041_801925_n.jpg

4150_78905688041_4889269_n.jpg

4150_78905493041_743788_n.jpg

378504_2956550563151_1656415629_n.jpg

Loooove the rose tattoo, I love those kind of tattoos with a big flower in the middle, I think they're very girly and beautiful :3

And just gotta love the sleeve too. I love sleeves, I love them. I want to have a movie-themed one... eventually. At least half a sleeve!

I'm so going to stalk this thread for inspiration, haha c: I don't have any tattoos yet, but I already know what my first one will look like:

clockworkoranges.jpg

It's Malcolm McDowell's Alex from A Clockwork Orange (I love that movie!) c:

I really like the tattoos I've seen here so far (^w^)

Just used like, 1/3 of my likes for the day on this thread xD Loving all the pics so far.

Mine are here. All but two are on the backs or sides of my legs and hard to get pics of xD

Back of Right Leg

tribute.jpg

Tribute Tattoo. 3 of my favourite artists died in 2010, Paul Gray, Ronnie James Dio and Peter Steele. They all had a huge impact on me as a person, so I got this in late 2010. It's the 9 point Slipknot star with "Negative" written in the outside circle and "Holy Diver" written on the inside points.

Right Wrist:

music.jpg

Left forearm (I want to get some branches and leaves done around it at some point)

IMG00113-20110920-1437.jpg

Left inside leg:

free.jpg

It's been my favourite song since I was a kid.

Back of left leg:

heart.jpg

This one's actually my biggest. About a foot high and 6 inches wide. Mostly line work, as most was too narrow for a mag, took almost 6 hours straight >.<

Anndd... Top of right foot. Worst tattoo ever. I got it when I was 16 and picked the heck out of it. I've never had anything itch that bad.

crap.jpg

It said 4+5=9 before I picked the crap out of it xD

Looking for a good font for my next one. It's going to be on the wrist beside the treble/bass one.

Emily I love yours! They are so pretty :D I'm still saving up for my next one lol. Two butterflies on the back of my shoulder, one for my mum <3 and one for my grandma.

I'm so going to stalk this thread for inspiration, haha c: I don't have any tattoos yet, but I already know what my first one will look like:

clockworkoranges.jpg

It's Malcolm McDowell's Alex from A Clockwork Orange (I love that movie!) c:

I really like the tattoos I've seen here so far (^w^)

That's SO great. I love A Clockwork Orange. Well, the book, I never finished the movie :P I like Kubrick though.

Left inside leg:

free.jpg

It's been my favourite song since I was a kid.

I liked most of your tattoos but this one was definetely my favourite <3 the drawing is so pretty, is just hipnotic.

I'm going to get my next one probably for my birthday (january 30). I've been getting one tattoo per birthday since 2011 hahaha I think that is because is easier to collect the money (the cherries were paid by a friend as a birthday gift, the elephant was a gift too, but from my mom and his boyfriend). I already have the design, is a suitcase with a lace around it and the quote "Just because you're a character, doesn't mean you have character". Is because of Pulp Fiction, wich has been my favourite film since I was 16 :3

Emily, yours are absolutely wonderful, but my favorite one (of yours) is the owl - as with Cherry's Elephante, weird coincident :P

I think I just used up a good portion of my likes on this thread! I will try to get a picture of my one, very small tattoo - a butterfly I got on my 20th birthday, for my stepmother. That, and I adore butterflies. I'd like to get it redrawn a bit now that I'm older and I know it's a bit of a cookie-cutter tattoo. I have SO many more I want though!

This thread is made of awesome! Emily, I love all of your tattoos, but the owl and the big on on the back of your leg are probably my favorites. Cherry, yours are wonderful too! I really dig the elephant. Ericka - squee! A Clockwork Orange! That's gonna be awesome.

Complicatedwishes (I should know your name, I've seen it on here before!) - yours is beautiful, and your boyfriend's sleeves are really wicked! I love that.

I LOVE all of your tattoos guys ...

ComplicatedWishes - your tattoo is so cute and you are very pretty ... it complements you very well :)

Here are my two tattoos .. sorry the pics aren't so good , i took them with my webcam , since I couldn't take a proper shot with my phone lol

Angel Wings on my right arm (2006) it's a bit faded

Snapshot_20120927.jpg

Tribal Angel Vs Devil War on my left arm (2010)

Snapshot_20120927_1.jpg

ComplicatedWishes - your tattoo is so cute and you are very pretty ... it complements you very well :)

Thanks, not to sound arrogant or anything but I love my tattoo :P worth every penny.

Yours are nice too :)

Lol nooo I didn't. I'm a huge Ryan Dunn fan. He was always known as Random Hero. it's also kind of ironic. Like, anyone can be a hero.

• 3 months later...

LOL Unicorn. Long time no posts around here xD

So this happened today. Nothing huge. Went to a new guy and he was fantastic. Very professional, easy going, and we have a ton in common. It was really fun and I will definitely be going to him when I want stuff done from now on.

img2013012100085.jpg

o92yr8.jpg
I just got this tattoo two weeks ago and figured I'd go ahead and post it here. I don't think many people are huge fans of white tattoos and to be honest, I never have been either. This one however has a very specific meaning behind it. I used to be a cutter, even when I was a little kid I would cut when frustrated, sad, or angry. I've had this problem all my life. It has been very difficult to live with, especially when you were surrounded by people who didn't understand. I say "were" because I am no longer surrounded by those people. Everytime I look at it, it reminds me of the strength it took to overcome my self harming addiction. I don't think anyone understands how bad it can get unless you've actually been there. It was to the point where I was doing permanent damage on a daily basis, and I'm glad that has ceased. I am proud to say I have not cut for a year. A whole year. So I got this tattoo to remind myself that I do have courage. That I can be whatever I want to be in life, despite my mental issues. That I can work through them and concur them and that takes courage.
The reason I chose to get a white tattoo is because it reminds me of the scars I used to leave behind when cutting. This is sometimes what they would look like after healing. Also, I find it to be less noticeable in the work place.

LOL Unicorn. Long time no posts around here xD

So this
happened today. Nothing huge. Went to a new guy and he was fantastic.
Very professional, easy going, and we have a ton in common. It was
really fun and I will definitely be going to him when I want stuff done
from now on.

Wow Emily! Beautifully done. Looks like you have found an amazing artist. I love the shades of purple and the font you chose. & Of course the quote. :P