Show off your tattoos!

cherryv

Loving this thread :)

I currently have 6 tattoos (2 of them are big) and I plan on having a lot more, including both sleeves being done. My absolute favourite tattoo is this one on my right calf (photo was taken straight after it was done):

oqet6a.jpg

Oh goodness, that is absolutely precious! :D Pandas are just too cute. ^_^

I have two! I'de show a picture but I can't figure out how to show it here :(

The first one I have is two butterflies that start on my right shoulder and go down my side. The one on my shoulder is larger and has my a reduced version of my name (ngrace) on the wing. The other butterfly symbolizes my sister who is getting the same tattoo as me on her 18th birthday.

The other tattoo I have is above my stomach. It says "Run Free". The two E's in free are tied together to look like an infinity sign. That tattoo is for my love of running :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some pretty great tattoos here! I always wanted to get one myself but scared that it won't come out the way I am imagining it. One of my friends let the tattoo artist freestyle, which is amazing for the artist, but I would be paranoid lol She loved it, tho :)

The tattoo I had in mind (probably since middle school) is "scratch" on my back (originally thought of it as tiger scratches)

3 lines... one that is fresh, the second semi-healed, and the third healed but scarred. Just to represent the hardships of life, how I / people overcome hardships which make us who we are now...moved on but never forgotten. and of course, the "fresh" obstacles we currently facing.

• 1 month later...

I wish that I had the guts to get a tattoo on both sides of my ribs. I reckon I'm just a big...

Roast-Chicken.jpg

If I was such a chicken, I would get the word "Succubus" on the left side and the term "Jane Doe" on the right side. Unfortunately I'd probably start going "Bock, Bock, Buh Bock!!!" as soon as I entered the tattoo place.

I think stumbling on this post is so funny because I literally just came back from the tattoo shop! Sadly, they backed out from our earlier consult, saying they didn't think they could pull off the hyper realism look I was going for (computer ports that look integrated into my skin behind my ear-->cyborgian feminism). I got a solid recommendation.

I do have one tatt though. Its a Bansky/Dark Angel inspired tatt.

1622247_10202998163465907_1678574303_n.j

Loving this thread :)

I currently have 6 tattoos (2 of them are big) and I plan on having a lot more, including both sleeves being done. My absolute favourite tattoo is this one on my right calf (photo was taken straight after it was done):

oqet6a.jpg

Gorgeous!! Love the colours and facial expression :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I LOVE TATTOOS. I want another one but I'm really not too into the pain.

SO who wants a slightly risque tattoo shot? Huh? YEAH.

mac_ink.jpg

This is on my hip, I got it a few years back before I saw U2 for the first time. I'll give one single Neopoint to anyone who gets the reference.

2_crazyman_2:

Love your neck piece and the inspiration (admittedly didn't watch Dark Angel but can get behind Banksy.) I wanted something similar in college but tattoos were illegal there. When they became legalized in my second year, I still couldn't get it because I wasn't old enough (had to be 18 w/parent signature or 21 without, I was only 18 but 1000 miles from my parents) AND ... it was still illegal to tattoo the face, hands OR NECK!!! So bummed. Got two small leg pieces instead once I moved back to Vermont.

My "V" needs to be reworked, maybe I'll ask for suggestions here later.

The idea for your new piece sounds interesting. I'm exhausted so I can't really imagine it well but if done correctly, could be wicked.

Nubisbully:

What a real bummer about your tattoo difficulties! I'm actually working on this short story writing project incorporating Foucault's notions of western society as a disciplinary society, and the control politics have over our bodies. I find it outrageous and intriguing the ways governments attempt to control our bodies (and the way people and their morals attempt to control and limit others bodies too).

What leg tatts did you end up getting?

I couldn't figure out how to get em' on here so no pic but I wanted a faerie on my wrist originally. The guy told me he wouldn't do it because I was young and dumb essentially and I wouldn't get a good job. Ended up getting "Organic" on my ankle. Next time I got the V for Vendetta logo on my calf.

The original winner of "InkMaster" is an hour from me, as are several other contestants and one of the main tattoo artists for bands like Slipknot, so I"m hoping to have the money to get a really detailed, well thought out tattoo from someone amazing...one day.

• 1 month later...

All of these tats are REALLY inspiring. Particularly the Courage one. I've been thinking of getting the NEDA symbol tattooed, in honor of my recovery from an ED. I hadn't thought about getting it in white, though! I'll probably end up going with that.

I have two little ones. One of which is '98 3/4' script on my wrist (which I'm getting covered), and the Viking rune symbol Inguz (looks like XX) on my finger which is a stick n poke.

I am also an ex cutter and have a lot of scars on my left arm which I'm hoping to get tattooed over. I just don't know whether it's better to get a design or heavy blackwork (basically colour everything in), so that people are less inclined to look there. Some of them are still healing as my last time was six months ago, so I won't be able to get them tatted over for at least another 6 months - year.

This is the design for the first big tattoo I'm getting, which will hopefully be in a couple of months:

a77c7b49a76e3a6b5ae1cfba9995fcbb_zps1ef9

I've found the artist I'd love to do it, now just need to save up the money! ^^

Also got a whole other bunch of ideas but this is the only one that I have a proper design for thus far

Everyone's tattoos look great!

That beetle design is beautiful, Saxen! Does it have a special meaning for you?

I don't think I've posted my tattoo yet, so I will now. It's a charm bracelet on my ankle, so far with only two charms but I'll be adding more.

cdcba085-47f8-4800-887f-93590587870b_zps

The knotwork heart is for neverending love, and the butterfly represents my sister who passed away almost 10 years ago. I got the tattoo when I was 17 (the earliest I could do it, with parental permission), on the 4th anniversary of her passing. The purple color is a bit faded now, I plan to get it touched up whenever I add more to it. I want a charm for each of my parents, but I'm still deciding what would be best to represent each of them. It has to be something small, which really limits my options. I also want one for my future husband, but of course I'm waiting to actually get married for that one. xP That'll leave room for one or two more charms, depending on spacing. When I have kids I'll probably add one to represent motherhood, as well.

My next tattoo is probably going to be a phoenix, on my right shoulder blade area. I know it's a common tattoo, but the death and rebirth theme really appeals to me. I went through a big transformation after my sister died, and "rising from the ashes" is the only way I can really describe it. I have to save money for that and narrow down the type of design I want, though, so that will be a while.

Saxen, I love the beetle, did you sketch it? I'm assuming the crescent would be the moon...or no?

I was worried about my scars from S.I. and have had mixed reactions from artists concerning covering them. Depending on how bad they are (how deep/large etc) you can try to get them covered but the tissue is odd and doesn't take ink well.

One of my tattoos is partially over a scar on my leg and you can still tell if you look close (it looks raised a bit but the ink is solid there.) In theory I wanted to have a partial sleeve to cover my "bad" arm but it'd just be impossible and I don't want to waste thousands of dollars and not be happy.

Good luck with your journey though.

Agrinwithoutacat: I love the idea of a charm bracelet (I'm sorry to hear about your sister, but a nice way to remember her), I actually think I might snag the idea from you. I've been trying to come up with a way to have a bunch of little symbolic tattoos without it looks like I just had them randomly put on me.

I also love phoenix tattoos (though some designs look really odd) and also the motherhood idea. I want one for my main pets and something for my baby at some point. I don't trust relationships or people enough to get a tattoo for a partner (though I've been with this one for a long while and we're very committed) but perhaps something to signify the time together in case there's a "live and learn" situation later.

Sorry, pessimist in me came out for a snip.

Agrinwithoutacat: I love the idea of a charm bracelet (I'm sorry to hear about your sister, but a nice way to remember her), I actually think I might snag the idea from you. I've been trying to come up with a way to have a bunch of little symbolic tattoos without it looks like I just had them randomly put on me.

I also love phoenix tattoos (though some designs look really odd) and also the motherhood idea. I want one for my main pets and something for my baby at some point. I don't trust relationships or people enough to get a tattoo for a partner (though I've been with this one for a long while and we're very committed) but perhaps something to signify the time together in case there's a "live and learn" situation later.

Sorry, pessimist in me came out for a snip.

I'm glad you like the idea! :)

Nah, don't worry about being a pessimist. It's definitely something you have to consider when getting a tattoo to represent a person, and it's why I'm never doing names. If/when I get one for my partner it'll be something simple to represent our time together, something I'll still like even if something happens with us down the road. I know with my current boyfriend, even if we were to break up I'd still treasure the time we've spent together, so if I were to ever get something for him I wouldn't regret it. I'm still waiting, though.

I like that thought. Reminds me of Johnny Depps tattoos. When asked why he kept getting tattoos of girlfriends or passing fads, he said something about having the memory to grow as a person and not try to ignore what's happened in your life.

Since we have a son together (and quite a few pets,) I think getting a tattoo for my son or any of the animals, would also be a reminder of my bf. Then there's also the having a son part.

I get weird about loss and try to preempt it, so I want to get "memorials" for my dogs and such before I actually loose them. I don't know that I'd have the courage afterwards.

• 3 months later...

My little mitten, got it because I was born and raised in MI (and the state is shaped like a mitten)

29n88s7.jpg

My ouroboros, hugehugehugehugehuge fma fan. Mine is in the same spot as Envy!

35l7uva.jpg

From SotC, such an amazing game!

10342934_923343434348122_754578651001742

This was a last second decision while getting my SotC tattoo done. I am a cosmetology student

10154257_923343424348123_764744503466479

Little Link from LoZ, my all time favorite game series.

545335_476576879024782_854728196_n.jpg?o

This is my ONLY tattoo that I slightly dislike. My mom has a very similar tattoo in the same spot, went to a high end tattoo shop and of course they messed it up (shading on all sides)

162828_190317400984066_7676437_n.jpg?oh=

My hammer smashed face (any other Cannibal Corpse fans out there on neo? lol) last second decision for a birthday tattoo

216865_218484601500679_6169039_n.jpg?oh=

I have a severe dislike of the argument that tattoos need to have some sort of deep meaning or else you will regret them. The ONLY one of mine that I even dislike is that only one that I had put more than 10 minutes of thought into. Outside of that I love all my others and given the chance I would get them all over again. Some of them I've had for years and still adore to the very moment.

If you plan on getting tattoos do not let ANYONE tell you that it's a dumb idea or that because it lacks the deepest meaning that you will regret it.

Also do not let anyone tell you that getting a tattoo with a significant other is wrong, got my FMA one with my ex (and one his b-day), not once was it regrettable. It honestly reminds me of all the good times we had. Yes, you shouldn't go run out and get one with someone you've been with for a month. If you feel it's something you both want to do and are comfortable with then go with it!

My little mitten, got it because I was born and raised in MI (and the state is shaped like a mitten)

29n88s7.jpg

My ouroboros, hugehugehugehugehuge fma fan. Mine is in the same spot as Envy!

35l7uva.jpg

From SotC, such an amazing game!

10342934_923343434348122_754578651001742

This was a last second decision while getting my SotC tattoo done. I am a cosmetology student

10154257_923343424348123_764744503466479

Little Link from LoZ, my all time favorite game series.

545335_476576879024782_854728196_n.jpg?o

This is my ONLY tattoo that I slightly dislike. My mom has a very similar tattoo in the same spot, went to a high end tattoo shop and of course they messed it up (shading on all sides)

162828_190317400984066_7676437_n.jpg?oh=

My hammer smashed face (any other Cannibal Corpse fans out there on neo? lol) last second decision for a birthday tattoo

216865_218484601500679_6169039_n.jpg?oh=

I have a severe dislike of the argument that tattoos need to have some sort of deep meaning or else you will regret them. The ONLY one of mine that I even dislike is that only one that I had put more than 10 minutes of thought into. Outside of that I love all my others and given the chance I would get them all over again. Some of them I've had for years and still adore to the very moment.

If you plan on getting tattoos do not let ANYONE tell you that it's a dumb idea or that because it lacks the deepest meaning that you will regret it.

Also do not let anyone tell you that getting a tattoo with a significant other is wrong, got my FMA one with my ex (and one his b-day), not once was it regrettable. It honestly reminds me of all the good times we had. Yes, you shouldn't go run out and get one with someone you've been with for a month. If you feel it's something you both want to do and are comfortable with then go with it!

I love your Fullmetal Alchemist tattoo! That's one of my favorite animes in the world.

I have several ideas for tattoos, but I don't know which on I'm going to get first. I wanted to get my rib cage done, but I hear that it hurts.

I love your Fullmetal Alchemist tattoo! That's one of my favorite animes in the world.

I have several ideas for tattoos, but I don't know which on I'm going to get first. I wanted to get my rib cage done, but I hear that it hurts.

Thank you very much! It's one of mine as well, I've watched Brotherhood soo many times.

Ribcage is one of the worst spots from what I've heard, but pain is just temporary ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What a great thread idea!! I used to be against tattoos as a teenager and even into my early 20s (I'm 28 now), but something in me changed in the last couple of years. I think it was seeing them pop up more and more, both on co-workers and just people around me. Now that my workplace (Starbucks) is changing its uniform policy to allow visible tattoos, I'm more excited!

Here's the one I have so far. It's on my inner right wrist. For those curious, it's half-angel (left side) and half-devil (right with tail). I do have more planned, just saving.

d50015c1-11f7-435c-a2bc-17fb248eeae4.jpg

o92yr8.jpg

I just got this tattoo two weeks ago and figured I'd go ahead and post it here. I don't think many people are huge fans of white tattoos and to be honest, I never have been either. This one however has a very specific meaning behind it. I used to be a cutter, even when I was a little kid I would cut when frustrated, sad, or angry. I've had this problem all my life. It has been very difficult to live with, especially when you were surrounded by people who didn't understand. I say "were" because I am no longer surrounded by those people. Everytime I look at it, it reminds me of the strength it took to overcome my self harming addiction. I don't think anyone understands how bad it can get unless you've actually been there. It was to the point where I was doing permanent damage on a daily basis, and I'm glad that has ceased. I am proud to say I have not cut for a year. A whole year. So I got this tattoo to remind myself that I do have courage. That I can be whatever I want to be in life, despite my mental issues. That I can work through them and concur them and that takes courage.
The reason I chose to get a white tattoo is because it reminds me of the scars I used to leave behind when cutting. This is sometimes what they would look like after healing. Also, I find it to be less noticeable in the work place.

Wow Emily! Beautifully done. Looks like you have found an amazing artist. I love the shades of purple and the font you chose. & Of course the quote. :P

I just wanted to say congratulations on overcoming that and great tattoo for yourself as a reminder!!

All of your wonderful tattoos make my little eyebrow/makeup ones seem puny...LOL

• 4 weeks later...

So once upon a time I was a big chicken when it came to tattoos. Not anything to do with pain but the fear that I would not be able to advance in my career if they were too seen.

And then came this BIG boom of UV tattoos in Estonia. Now say what you will but I got the tattoo done with UV ink :woot:

Now I am a HUGE HP fan. So I have the dark mark on my arm in UV :)

So that got me started :) I have The One Ring tattoo and also an absinthe green fairy(anyone? :D ) on my ankle.

Planning the next one. Can't seem to stop! :woot:

379734_877557632261043_884946150_n.jpg?o

Mine is a tribal design from my tribe. It is called "frog paw" or "frog foot"

acapsym.jpg

• 2 years later...