Show off your tattoos!

cherryv

Wow, I really love this thread. Gotta say there is some great stuff out there! I don't have any tattoos yet so I have none to share with you all but I wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone sharing their stories and tattoos. And Xandria, I love yours in particular because I'd never seen a white tattoo before either but once you explained your story behind it I can absolutely understand why it looks this way and the significance behind it. It's beautiful!

I love the shades of purple and the font you chose. & Of course the quote.

The colour is actually my swollen, freshly tattooed skin xD It's just plain black, but I'm super pale and bruise easily, so any irritation at all makes my skin turn colours xD But thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great thread.

I'm thinking about my first tattoo. My middle name is Rose, which is also my Grandma's middle name, so I want to get a rose, but I want it to be a bit different and I'm think of getting small lilac and peach roses in a garland/wreath heart shape with vines. Because Liana is also a type of vine. So yeah, quite symbolic about me. And pastel colours are my absolute favourite. I'll probably get it on the inside of my arm or wrist.

This is a great thread.

I'm thinking about my first tattoo. My middle name is Rose, which is also my Grandma's middle name, so I want to get a rose, but I want it to be a bit different and I'm think of getting small lilac and peach roses in a garland/wreath heart shape with vines. Because Liana is also a type of vine. So yeah, quite symbolic about me. And pastel colours are my absolute favourite. I'll probably get it on the inside of my arm or wrist.

My middle name is also rose, and it is my favourite flower :) which is why I decided to get mine as my first tattoo.

Just thought of my next tattoo! Well, sort of. I don't know quite how I want it done, but I want it on the back of my shoulder I think. I want it to say 'too far from texas to close to home' (which is a quote in a song by stevie nicks). My uncle LOVED her and that was his favorite song by her. I want to have the date he died underneath it and some kind of symbolic symbol as well, but I don't know what yet. He died when I was 10, but was like a father to me and an amazing man, so I'm really excited to get it done.

Ahem.... edit: I just thought of what I want to get done! I want to have the quote "too far from texas to close to home" and then a quill pen at the end of the last letter, with a candle next to it. Kind of like an old timey looking style to it/black& white tattoo. I will post when I get it done but it'll probably be a while before I have the money. Perhaps I can get it done with my income tax money though. ^^

Hi guys! First, Xandria, love it! One of my daughters is a cutter, her arms are *really* bad. My hubby and I have offered to help pay for tatts to cover some of it, and last time she was visiting some tatt shops one of the artists offered her a full sleeve if she comes back in 6 months with no new scars. She is doing good and has found motivation to find new ways to deal with stress. I love that this artist offered that, people in the body art community are so awesome!

As for mine, I have 14 tatts, 8 current piercings, and a brand. Here are my Neopets tatts, love my Zafaras!

MomsTatt2.jpg

and....

momstatoonew1.jpg

o92yr8.jpg

I love the look of white tattoos, especially the lace patterns, I find them quite delicate and beautiful. Very nicely done!

I'm super excited to get my next tattoo. I have a rough design so far, but little details change here and there. The main components are an owl, an english crown, english wildflowers and a pocket-watch pointing to the time my daughter was born. I want to give it a whimsical yet realistic spin. Sounds nutty and overcomplicated, but I'll make it work :laughingsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...

I really like your elephant one!!! Most people I know have tattoos. At this time in my life i'm not ready to ink up. For giggles i'll just post my awesome spiderman temp. I rocked it for almost a full week!

Snapshot_20120703_4.jpg

• 1 month later...

My middle name is also rose, and it is my favourite flower :) which is why I decided to get mine as my first tattoo.

That sounds so lovely! Congrats :)

Just thought of my next tattoo! Well, sort of. I don't know quite how I want it done, but I want it on the back of my shoulder I think. I want it to say 'too far from texas to close to home' (which is a quote in a song by stevie nicks). My uncle LOVED her and that was his favorite song by her. I want to have the date he died underneath it and some kind of symbolic symbol as well, but I don't know what yet. He died when I was 10, but was like a father to me and an amazing man, so I'm really excited to get it done.

Ahem.... edit: I just thought of what I want to get done! I want to have the quote "too far from texas to close to home" and then a quill pen at the end of the last letter, with a candle next to it. Kind of like an old timey looking style to it/black& white tattoo. I will post when I get it done but it'll probably be a while before I have the money. Perhaps I can get it done with my income tax money though. ^^

Make sure it says 'Too far from Texas too close to home' and not 'To far from Texas to close too home' haha, that would be a spelling disaster!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

9622094420_36e3ce2fb5_o.jpg

These two are my favourite out of everything I have. Its two magpies, one on a branch, one flying. They''re called Simon & Garfunkel, and the writing is lyrics from Tegan & Sara's 19 - the song that kept me alive through my teenage years. In retrospect the lyrics also really fit in with the loss of my daughter (I bolded the lyrics I have tattooed)-

"I felt you in my legs
Before I even met you
And when I laid beside you
For the first time
I told you
I feel you in my heart,
And I don't even know you
Now we're saying
Bye, bye, bye....
I felt you in my life
Before I ever thought to
Feel the need to lay down
Beside you
And tell you
I feel you in my heart,
And I don't even know you
And now we're saying
Bye, bye, bye..."
I also have a rose on my arm in memory of my dad, who passed away when I was 8.
9618843579_5a3d8c9f35_o.jpg
It says "Carpe Diem" which is sieze the day, and "Memento Mori" which can be translated as either remember the dead / remember we all die.
I have a butterfly and two lotus flowers on my back, which I'm not happy with - the butterfly is way too dark. The rest is okay I guess (it looks better shrunk down)...
9622155770_0aaa340e6e_m.jpg
And finally I have my ribs tattooed on the right side with a timepiece. It's really hard to get a good picture of though, so bear with me...
9622155480_54c7301b5c.jpg
The design goes higher up but for decency reasons, and awkward camera reasons, I shan't post it.
I'm loving everyone elses! What a good idea for a thread.
:)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to have a tattoo on my ribs, but I've been told it is probably one of the most painful areas to tattoo... And since it would be my first tattoo, I'm not convinced this would be a great idea lol.

How painful did you find it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

o92yr8.jpg

I just got this tattoo two weeks ago and figured I'd go ahead and post it here. I don't think many people are huge fans of white tattoos and to be honest, I never have been either. This one however has a very specific meaning behind it. I used to be a cutter, even when I was a little kid I would cut when frustrated, sad, or angry. I've had this problem all my life. It has been very difficult to live with, especially when you were surrounded by people who didn't understand. I say "were" because I am no longer surrounded by those people. Everytime I look at it, it reminds me of the strength it took to overcome my self harming addiction. I don't think anyone understands how bad it can get unless you've actually been there. It was to the point where I was doing permanent damage on a daily basis, and I'm glad that has ceased. I am proud to say I have not cut for a year. A whole year. So I got this tattoo to remind myself that I do have courage. That I can be whatever I want to be in life, despite my mental issues. That I can work through them and concur them and that takes courage.

I know this is an old thread and post... but I seriously love that tattoo... I've never really seen a white tattoo before either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Depends where you get it too. The more fleshy the area, the less it hurts. I dozed off during one of mine. If it's on bone or where a bunch of nerves are, it's going to suck more.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving this thread :)

I currently have 6 tattoos (2 of them are big) and I plan on having a lot more, including both sleeves being done. My absolute favourite tattoo is this one on my right calf (photo was taken straight after it was done):

oqet6a.jpg