How long did it take you to earn 10 million neopoints?

~Xandria

Hello all. My account is only 7 months old. I made my first million last month, but stupidly spent it. So now I'm down to 200,000 neopoints. Makes me wanna cry. :sad02:

Anyways, I was hoping to get a "rough time frame" from some of the older members for about how long it took them to have ten million in the bank? (or even the five million mark) and please explain what you think your biggest money-maker was for that time.

I think this thread might help a lot of other users who haven't been here as long. (including myself) I'd say a year and under, your still a noob. So I think I qualify, sadly. :laughingsmiley:

Hello all. My account is only 7 months old. I made my first million last month, but stupidly spent it. So now I'm down to 200,000 neopoints. Makes me wanna cry. :sad02:

Anyways, I was hoping to get a "rough time frame" from some of the older members for about how long it took them to have ten million in the bank? (or even the five million mark) and please explain what you think your biggest money-maker was for that time.

I think this thread might help a lot of other users who haven't been here as long. (including myself) I'd say a year and under, your still a noob. So I think I qualify, sadly. :laughingsmiley:

Haha, believe me, the more you have the more you'll want to spend!

Anyway, it took me a few months to reach 10mil. I want to say ~2-4months. into restarting the game.

It's different for everyone because some prefer to play games, and some prefer to resell and restock.

I highly suggest you put time into your stocks and shops (food club if you're willing to learn how that works.).

Wow, it only took you 2-4 months to earn 10 million?! :whaa:

That's how long it took me to just reach the one million mark! Then again, I'm assuming you had played neopets before so knew all the tricks to begin with, instead of just being a complete newbie to it. But still, that's crazy. I haven't really done the restocking thing, because it sounds so hectic and like I wouldn't be able to keep up with it. During this time were you playing every day? I usually at least try to do my dailies once a day and spend an hour or two on. Other days I'm on for almost the entire day...

Lately, I think I've just been getting side-tracked with all the avatars there are to collect, as well as the trophies. :whistle:

I probably need to stop focusing on that so much for now. Right now I'm just playing games, stocks <---- although not going so well for me, and I'm in the process of trying to get my Habi to a level 50.

Also, how time consuming and "difficult" would you say restocking is in general? Thanks for the reply!

I haven't made my 10 million yet...but I'm close and my account it about 3.75 months old. I think I'll have more than that before the month is through.

For me, restocking isn't difficult. I have SSW so I can copy and paste an item and know instantly if it can be profitable. The only reason I don't do it more often is because it's so BORING.

Also, when you get your habi to 50, it's entirely possible to make 3 million a month.

From the time I started playing until I hit 10 million, 11 years. I went from 1 million to 10 million in a number of months though, once I started playing again. I don't restock at all, so it was a combination of Habi, games, stock market, and getting lucky and finding profitable stuff on the floor.

That's really interesting Rebecca. *sighs* you guys make it sound so easy. Haha. I have got to be doing something wrong here.

That's really interesting Rebecca. *sighs* you guys make it sound so easy. Haha. I have got to be doing something wrong here.

Nope! There's no wrong way to play Neopets. :)

I wasn't working for the first couple months that I was back on Neopets (heh, being unemployed was most of the reason I started playing again! I was bored, but I wasn't working, so I had no money, so I couldn't go out, so I was bored... and so the cycle goes! LOL), so i was able to spend LOTS of time doing nothing but neopets. I got a level 50 Habi in less than three weeks, so I've made a HUGE profit off of that. I had plenty of time to play games every day, including lots of ones that refreshed the page a lot (pyramids, dice-a-roo, etc), and I got lucky and found a nerkmid or two on the ground, a couple of petpet pbs, etc.

Plus, I already had a lab ray, a lot of avatars, painted pets, etc, so I didn't have much in the way of temptation to spend, whereas if I had a new account, I would be markedly poorer right now.

You just need to find what works best for you. :) Play the game to your own strengths- if you don't, it won't be any fun, and what's the point if you're not having fun, right? :)

I think it's slightly incomparable to get your timeframe from older members' experiences - it took much longer to make NP (no habi, no KQ, etc.). I think it took me 6-7 years (with some big purchases mind you) before I reached 10 mil. As Rebecca said though, I started replaying only a month ago and I've already made over 2mil.

I think what you should be asking is how quickly are people making NP now, and what are there strategies to make that NP. Then you can adjust that based on your skill and the time you're able to commit relative to other's strategies and conclude a reasonable timeframe for you to make 10mil NP.

When I first played back from like late 2000-2005 I never even reached a million in all that time. It was a combination of it being hard to make NP and me being young and easily bored/frustrated. Lol

I came back to playing Neo about a month ago and I've made about 3 mil since then. I've spent most of it on various things (Krawk, Lab map, PBs etc) so I only have 200k in my bank at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of Habi or restocking so I made the majority of it from Key Quest and Food Club. Admittedly I have a lot of time off lately because my job has cut hours drastically, which is the reason I started playing Neo again to begin with, but I try to play as much Key Quest as I can on days I have off. I try to get 10 gold keys, open them, and then I play more games and save keys for days I won't be able to play so I still get prizes and make income (plus, you still get NP for playing games after your first 10). So I'll play like 30+ games of KQ on days where I'm home all day.

Of course, this is provided you like KQ and have a decent computer. I LOVE playing KQ and I'm super competitive so it never gets boring for me. Lol

I think it's slightly incomparable to get your timeframe from older members' experiences - it took much longer to make NP (no habi, no KQ, etc.). I think it took me 6-7 years (with some big purchases mind you) before I reached 10 mil. As Rebecca said though, I started replaying only a month ago and I've already made over 2mil.

I think what you should be asking is how quickly are people making NP now, and what are there strategies to make that NP. Then you can adjust that based on your skill and the time you're able to commit relative to other's strategies and conclude a reasonable timeframe for you to make 10mil NP.

Great answer. Thanks for the input. Sadly my computer will not allow me to play keyquest, so I've been spending the majority of my time on Habi, trying very hard to get to level 50. (only a level 22 right now.) I do that, play games, and use the stock market. It's obvious that I need to try something else. I might need to check out the food club thing, but I honestly have no idea where to begin or even what it is. Is there a guide here for that or a help thread?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

When I came back to neo after quitting for 7 years, the first month was really difficult. After that, I started entering the AG and got some decent prizes from there (like PBs under 800k) so that pushed me up to 2mil in like a week but then that stuff comes in bursts.

Later, I found out about key quest so I started playing that for around 2 weeks and it makes around 80k a day so that was my next million.

I think I hit 3mil after 4 weeks of coming back, and that was with a lot of struggling and not knowing how to make np. I literally hadn't gotten past the 10k mark in my first week and was struggling just to pay for dailies xD. Although I was really motivated at the time because the owner of my old draik said he'd trade him back to me for a pirate krawk, and that was going to cost me 3mil so I was desperate. I didn't end up making the np in time though and I never got the trade.

After that, I found out about Habi and started making 150k a day from it. I had done tons of research into habi before I started it so that I could figure out how to get the maximum I could once I hit level 50. So I started making around 4.5mil a month just from habi.

The first time I had 10mil actually IN THE BANK was after 3 months, but I had already spent at least 6mil before that. Since then, I've never had 10mil in the bank because I like collecting things too much to keep my assets in liquid form xD. And I'd rather hold on to items as an investment than sell them right away. For example, I put 1mil into retired books 6 months ago and now they're up to 10mil in value but I'm not selling them for at least another year. But there are lots of ways to make np, and it's also easier to make np when you have np. I like having habi because it's steady and is a nice backup for when I have dry periods. But then, habi alone is too slow for me because I spend almost all of it (150k per day) on training now xD, so it's nice to also have those big bursts.. and those only come from restocking or entering contests.

If you like to draw or write, you could try to enter the poetry competition or art gallery.. things like that help a ton. The neopian times SOMETIMES gives out prizes too, but only on special issues.

But if you have the patience for it and a good connection, restocking is the easiest and quickest way to make np. You could get to 10m very quickly that way. If you dont restock, the only way I can see is to very slowly, day by day, get to your goal, which also takes a lot of patience and persistance xD

When I came back from Neo after 6 years, I knew very little about earning NP. I was bad at Restocking and at the time, Habi didn't exist.

How I did it:

- Played flash games (even 15k a day adds up quickly, take advantage of things like Scores Galore)

- Played KeyQuest (codestones, neggs, PBs, map pieces are definitely good loot to sell)

- Invested in the Stock Market (it was slow and painful, but it payed out eventually)

- Did Food Club Bets (~300k a week wasn't bad at all!)

Before I knew it, my NP was stacking up. I think it took roughly 4-5 months before I had 10mil in the bank, not counting the NP I spent buying new lab maps and PBs to paint my pets.

To help you with Food Club, TDN has a lovely guide you can find here as well as someone who posts their bets here!

Wow, it only took you 2-4 months to earn 10 million?! :whaa:

That's how long it took me to just reach the one million mark! Then again, I'm assuming you had played neopets before so knew all the tricks to begin with, instead of just being a complete newbie to it. But still, that's crazy. I haven't really done the restocking thing, because it sounds so hectic and like I wouldn't be able to keep up with it. During this time were you playing every day? I usually at least try to do my dailies once a day and spend an hour or two on. Other days I'm on for almost the entire day...

Lately, I think I've just been getting side-tracked with all the avatars there are to collect, as well as the trophies. :whistle:

I probably need to stop focusing on that so much for now. Right now I'm just playing games, stocks <---- although not going so well for me, and I'm in the process of trying to get my Habi to a level 50.

Also, how time consuming and "difficult" would you say restocking is in general? Thanks for the reply!

Yup, I've recently started playing after a 4 year hiatus, xD.

Difficult if you're not quick with your reflexes and numpad typing. It doesn't take very long to see an item restock, but you will have to be quick about buying the items.

In the mean time, you can rack up a few nps with habi and stocks. It's highly recommended for people who don't enjoy restocking.

It took me four years to make 10 million, but that was when Neopets' economy was a lot different than it is now.

This is what I do:

-Habitarium: I only have it on during the day, but I still make 100,000 from it generally. Right now, you're on the levels that seem to be the slowest for people. You'll be leveling up faster once you get to 30. It will go even faster if you take advantage of the habitarium boards. The people gifting there don't care if you ask for a building to build and delete for the xp. You'll want to look at a guide to make sure you have everything blocked off right to cut down on lag, too.

-Flash games: I generally only play what I like and think is easy, but it still is generally an extra 15-20K.

-Restocking: I'd suggest giving it a shot at one of the smaller shops during Half Price Day. As long as you spend a little time on the shop wizard making sure that shop will turn a profit, you'll make some np and get a chance to see how you like it.

My account is a few years old and I don't have 10 million, but I haven't become a consistent player until recently!

I really think it depends on how much time you put into it - I'm not able to play KeyQuest all the time or leave my Habi running all day long like some people, so I mainly do dailies/games/stock market (with KQ/Habi every once in a while), and am slowly working my way up. The people that seem to be the fastest earners are usually Habitarium players or restockers, though - then it only takes a few months or even weeks! :)

You're getting up there in Habi, so eventually you'll be able to sock a chunk of money away! That's my primary money maker - I only play a few basic games, mostly because my computer is older and has a poor graphics card. It pays for my training for my BD pet, though, so Habi is for my paint brush savings. When I created my new main and did the switchover, I had almost 11 million in the bank. That took me years to save, since I wasn't making money on Habi before. I bought a pile of stuff for avatars and whatnot with the new account, and in all it drained my account down to just under 8 million. I started playing it actively in August, and I'm now up to almost 11 million again. I don't leave my Habi on all day, either! And I'm still splurging on things for my (not yet made) gallery when I come across them, and buying books for Nocturnoxis - or whatever else comes up I might decide I need.

Yup, I've recently started playing after a 4 year hiatus, xD.

Difficult if you're not quick with your reflexes and numpad typing. It doesn't take very long to see an item restock, but you will have to be quick about buying the items.

In the mean time, you can rack up a few nps with habi and stocks. It's highly recommended for people who don't enjoy restocking.

Yeah, I think I'll start looking into restocking once I become a premium member, until then it just seems like too much of a hassle. Haha, I've been doing the stocks and working on upgrading my habi... so slowly but surely I'm getting there. (I think!)

It took me four years to make 10 million, but that was when Neopets' economy was a lot different than it is now.

This is what I do:

-Habitarium: I only have it on during the day, but I still make 100,000 from it generally. Right now, you're on the levels that seem to be the slowest for people. You'll be leveling up faster once you get to 30. It will go even faster if you take advantage of the habitarium boards. The people gifting there don't care if you ask for a building to build and delete for the xp. You'll want to look at a guide to make sure you have everything blocked off right to cut down on lag, too.

-Flash games: I generally only play what I like and think is easy, but it still is generally an extra 15-20K.

-Restocking: I'd suggest giving it a shot at one of the smaller shops during Half Price Day. As long as you spend a little time on the shop wizard making sure that shop will turn a profit, you'll make some np and get a chance to see how you like it.

I cannot wait until I'm a level 50 on Habi. Right now, it's going pretty slow for me. :thumbsdown: Well, probably not. I've only been playing a week and I'm now a level 25... for some reason it's just feels slow to me I guess. LOL. I can't play keyquest at all.... so I'm probably going to start looking into food club. Thank you for the tips!

You're getting up there in Habi, so eventually you'll be able to sock a chunk of money away! That's my primary money maker - I only play a few basic games, mostly because my computer is older and has a poor graphics card. It pays for my training for my BD pet, though, so Habi is for my paint brush savings. When I created my new main and did the switchover, I had almost 11 million in the bank. That took me years to save, since I wasn't making money on Habi before. I bought a pile of stuff for avatars and whatnot with the new account, and in all it drained my account down to just under 8 million. I started playing it actively in August, and I'm now up to almost 11 million again. I don't leave my Habi on all day, either! And I'm still splurging on things for my (not yet made) gallery when I come across them, and buying books for Nocturnoxis - or whatever else comes up I might decide I need.

I have the same problem as you. I have an older computer that won't even allow me to play keyquest but it let's me play Habi just fine. (I don't really get that, but eh.) How much can you make from Habi leaving it on over-night? I know you said you don't leave it on all day... but how long do you leave it on?

I cannot wait until I'm a level 50 on Habi. Right now, it's going pretty slow for me. :thumbsdown: Well, probably not. I've only been playing a week and I'm now a level 25... for some reason it's just feels slow to me I guess. LOL. I can't play keyquest at all.... so I'm probably going to start looking into food club. Thank you for the tips!

I have the same problem as you. I have an older computer that won't even allow me to play keyquest but it let's me play Habi just fine. (I don't really get that, but eh.) How much can you make from Habi leaving it on over-night? I know you said you don't leave it on all day... but how long do you leave it on?

I'd highly suggest you read some habi guides to help you level faster. Knowing more will also help you make more np once you do hit level 50. There isn't really much to levelling faster except have as many workers as you can (I do 3 soldiers, 3-5 nesters and the rest workers when I level up, and it takes about a week to reach max. Probably 2-3 days to get to level 22). The other thing that helps is to use your resources on building and upgrading nests as this is the most efficient way to get exp with your resources. There are also tons of gifting boards on the habi board that you can get free buildings from.. so you can get the exp from building those without spending resources! Place food out so pests will attack and that will increase your exp a bit too.

For level 50 guides, I suggest http://www.neopets.com/~NailGuard. It explains how to maximize your habi once you do hit level 50. The setup that I use is really nice because I dont block any of the gem-spawning squares in the game, and have enough storages out to carry over 100k of each resource (I use storages to block off my P3s too, instead of useless decorations :3). If you're interested, once you get to level 50 I can take a screenshot of it.

Habi makes around 50k per 8 hours that you leave it on (6.25k per hour?). You also make an extra 4-5k from buying and upgrading nests per 8 hours of resources... so about 150k+13k per day. I think the most you can make is around 170k in 24 hours but it also depends what browser you use and how laggy it is.

It took me yeeeeeeears to make 10mill, but that's mainly because the most I would do for a long time was just my dailies. I didn't play games, bet with the Food Club, do stocks, etc.

I made my first 10mill probably about a year ago and that's because I got really lucky and got a Pirate Draik Egg from Forgotten Shore and sold it in 10 minutes. Now I make sure my Habi is on all day, buy stocks and play the Food Club every day. I'm still bad at actually playing games xD

I don't do that, no, but I leave it run from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed. You know that I get up pretty early! :) Today I was up super early, so I'll probably make close to 100k. This is also a variance, because my internet can be spotty and reset itself, so if I don't catch it and refresh Habi, I won't actually be earning any gems. I'd say my worst day I've made 50k (based on spotty internet) and my best day I make 100k, leaving it running if I get up super early and then stay up until around 11PM. I'm sure if I left it on overnight, I'd make significantly more. I try to deposit at least 50k a day into my bank, because I am saving up for several paint brushes. I don't know exactly why I've got this in my head, but I like to leave myself at 10 million in the bank, and then everything else is for items I'm working towards, like paint brushes and items for my gallery. There's SO many spooky items though, it's a bit hard to keep track of! That's another tangent. As I mentioned, I'm training Nocturnoxis, and I'm also working on increasing his intelligence, so I spend daily on that stuff as well. Still, it's a good chunk to put in my bank every day.

Yeah, I think I'll start looking into restocking once I become a premium member, until then it just seems like too much of a hassle. Haha, I've been doing the stocks and working on upgrading my habi... so slowly but surely I'm getting there. (I think!)

I think that I quit food club. I probably will get better profits elsewhere. I am playing Habitarium, flash games and Key Quest daily + stock market to deposit about 75-150k to my bank.