Does anyone else feel that the invisible paintbrush is kind of pointless?

~Xandria

having had invisible pets because of the RE i dislike it but it can be seriously awesome as well,

the ice item is a NC item called encased in ice if anyone was wondering. :P i've seen it used well with invisible pets!

also have a look at this:

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/250903

someone showed me that once, love it!

i agree invisible pets are good for checking out backgrounds and other items, which is what i used mine for, i liked seeing the whole of wings for example *i'm a wing-nut* *cough* okay bad wing jokes aside :P its interesting to see the whole item with no pet bits blocking :P

i just wish.. it wasn't a RE :( because color changing events are NASTY.

I agree that that would be an awful RE to get, especially if your pet was already painted and customized and everything :(

There are so many great options for beautiful, cool, cute, awesome, etc. pets out there that I'm not quite sure why someone would want to have an invisible pet if they didn't plan on doing something funky with the customization, as seen above. There are too many paint jobs for certain species I want that I could never get an invisible pet instead :P but to each their own!

Before customization, it was a stupid pointles paintbrush that didn't deserve to exist. After customisation though, it can work. I saw a post on Tumblr of an invisible pet that was called "fruitbasket" and his picture was the basket of fruit background, because he was meant to be a basket of fruit and not a Skieth. That can work, I suppose, for players who want a pet that's an object or a setting (I have seen many human avatars on Subeta do this, make their avatar invisible so only nature, animals and backdrops are seen, which is rather interesting.)

Like others have said, it can be really neat in terms of customization. However, it's infuriating that it's an RE, and also kind of annoying when it's one of the colours released on a pet day, since there's so many other nice ones. :(

Wow, it has been released on a pet's day? That's just awfully lazy.

Wow, it has been released on a pet's day? That's just awfully lazy.

Yeah, there was another one released not too long ago- Alongside Stealthy on Blumaroo Day maybe?

I like some of the customization links you guys pointed out to me. Especially the gallery. I loved the poem, that was very nicely written.

I also thought the balthazar shadow and origama kadotia was a cute way to customize an invisible pet. Pretty neat. If you're not going to customize it originally though, I don't see why someone would bother.

How much do invisible paint brushes go for anyway? I think they are quite expensive, but I'm not for sure. You don't really see them around the TP all that much.

I like some of the customization links you guys pointed out to me. Especially the gallery. I loved the poem, that was very nicely written.

I also thought the balthazar shadow and origama kadotia was a cute way to customize an invisible pet. Pretty neat. If you're not going to customize it originally though, I don't see why someone would bother.

How much do invisible paint brushes go for anyway? I think they are quite expensive, but I'm not for sure. You don't really see them around the TP all that much.

They are not expensive at all for me. They are around 90k in the TP, which is the lowest, on the shop wiz, 95-97k.

• 3 weeks later...

nineth's was pretty cool. But yeah, it not one I would purposely choose either.

oops.. ninth!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 11 months later...

I've always thought it was really pointless, but after reading some of the comments on this thread, I realize that customizing an invisible pet would be kind of fun. I think it would get old fast though, for me at least.

The newer invisible pets can be customized - the original invisible species still cannot. This petpage (~uncertainty) goes into all the "rules" for customizing invisibles, and which species can wear items and which can't.

Anyway, I think you guys are being unfair to invisible pets! Maybe it's not your cup of tea, but why lobby to ruin it for the people who do enjoy it? One of my favorite customization looks is only possible with an invisible pet:

CGkjYTV.png

How great is this? :D

That does look pretty fantastic :) Can invisible pets have backgrounds, foregrounds and items and stuff (the newer, customizable ones I mean)? I'm too lazy at the moment to read through the link you so kindly provided :tired: If you can add that stuff, it'd be a really unique look to have an ice statue like that. The only thing that really takes away from the uniqueness is the ice paint brush that is an available look for many pets now.

Also, I'd just like to add that I'm not lobbying against the invisible paint brush. I'm just not a fan of it, and I do find it generally pointless, as a personal preference thing. I get that other people like it, and I respect that :) Our variety of tastes is the spice that creates the intriguing array of pets, among other things.

That does look pretty fantastic :) Can invisible pets have backgrounds, foregrounds and items and stuff (the newer, customizable ones I mean)? I'm too lazy at the moment to read through the link you so kindly provided :tired: If you can add that stuff, it'd be a really unique look to have an ice statue like that. The only thing that really takes away from the uniqueness is the ice paint brush that is an available look for many pets now.

Also, I'd just like to add that I'm not lobbying against the invisible paint brush. I'm just not a fan of it, and I do find it generally pointless, as a personal preference thing. I get that other people like it, and I respect that :) Our variety of tastes is the spice that creates the intriguing array of pets, among other things.

Yep, even the old invisible pets that can't wear clothing can still wear all the background/foreground items that UC pets can! And the newer invisibles can wear clothes and hold things, too. I wish my friend hadn't eventually zapped her invisible pet back into a colored one, she had a really cool fire-and-ice thing going on with the encased in ice item and a neat background/foreground combo.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I feel like the invisible paintbrush is pointless. I used to paint my pets invisible just so that they could be something other than the basic colors, but now I think if you can't see the pet - it's pointless.

• 1 month later...

Where is your imagination people? Invisble pets give a lot more options than you'd think. For instance, I'd never have a friendly pet Ghoul that likes playing hide and seek with his teddybear if it weren't for invisible pets.
Getting rid of JTFG? Please, spare me the horror, I love that little guy :c

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really seen the appeal to Invisible. I think it would be better if the pet was actually visible, but barely, like it was in the process of disappearing, where it's nearly transparent but you can see a faint outline.. (Wow, I'm not good at describing that at all.)

That kind of reminds me of the sketch paintbrush, even though is not just the outline that is visible.