Does anyone else feel that the invisible paintbrush is kind of pointless?

~Xandria

I'm just curious what others opinions are on this. It's not like I have anything against them, I just really don't see the point of having an 'invisible pet'.

What are your thoughts?

To me, the Transparent PB is a (tonnes better) modification of the Invisible PB. I think they also realized that not that many people wanted an Invisible pet c;

Invisible serves only as a mean RE :P

Aye I agree on the good customization front. Its interesting the have items of clothing floating - and in the shape of your pet. I saw an amazing invisible bruce, but it was covered in this strange ice thing, so you could see the silhouette. It was definitely impressive. But no, its not an interesting colour.

Well, it is not really imaginative but I don't think it is pointless... just another option. I don't know why it isn't available for all species yet! :shiftyeyes_anim:

Aye I agree on the good customization front. Its interesting the have items of clothing floating - and in the shape of your pet. I saw an amazing invisible bruce, but it was covered in this strange ice thing, so you could see the silhouette. It was definitely impressive. But no, its not an interesting colour.

I thought that invisible pets weren't able to wear any clothes. :weird:

Well, it is not really imaginative but I don't think it is pointless... just another option. I don't know why it isn't available for all species yet! :shiftyeyes_anim:

I thought that invisible pets weren't able to wear any clothes. :weird:

I think it's been changed relatively recently, so if they were dressed before the change, and haven't been re-customised, they would still be wearing clothes.

Yeah, there can be some neat customisations. I think it's Ninth that has an Invisible pet but there is also the Balthazar shadow and a little origami Kadoatie, so it kind of looks like there is only the Kadoatie with a creepy shadow. It makes me laugh every time I look at it!

I've never really seen the appeal to Invisible. I think it would be better if the pet was actually visible, but barely, like it was in the process of disappearing, where it's nearly transparent but you can see a faint outline.. (Wow, I'm not good at describing that at all.)

I do admit, when I'm on Dress to Impress and I want to see a background large, which you can't see unless you preview on a pet, I use an Invisible pet so it's not in the way of viewing the background.

Who is Ninth? I'd love to see the pet, because that's a clever use of the Invisible paintbrush. Otherwise, it's pretty pointless.

He's a user on here. His account is __ninth_gate__. The pet I was talking about is on a side: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=kadventures

Personally, like everyone else has basically said, I think these paintbrushes are useless, I like to be able to see my pets and be able to see their facial expressions, especially when they are sick or sad. So I don't think it would change anything to retire these paintbrushes or just do away with them in general.

Looks like the customization potential isn't as great as I thought. I was playing around with invisible pets on dress to impress, and it simply doesn't display anything that a pet can have on. It's possible that DTI hasn't updated the clothes to display on invisible pets (if it really is possible to dress them up), but they seem to be pretty on top of things.

Looks like the customization potential isn't as great as I though. I was playing around with invisible pets on dress to impress, and it simply doesn't display anything that a pet can have on. It's possible that DTI hasn't updated the clothes to display on invisible pets (if it really is possible to dress them up), but they seem to be pretty on top of things.

I didn't know anything about whether that would show up at all, but I had a suspicion about that, that makes a third reason why I wouldn't want an invisible pet, they really now need to just nix these paintbrushes >.<

Absolutely, there is no point to this paintbrush. As one of the earliest colours I can see the hype of a new option for your pet and it being all cool because *it's invisible!!* But now that TNT has become more creative and there are tons more possibilities to change your pet's colour or clothes, the invisible paintbrush has no value. If you hate your pet's species that much there are always mps or customization options, invisible would be an absolute last resort.

Absolutely, there is no point to this paintbrush. As one of the earliest colours I can see the hype of a new option for your pet and it being all cool because *it's invisible!!* But now that TNT has become more creative and there are tons more possibilities to change your pet's colour or clothes, the invisible paintbrush has no value. If you hate your pet's species that much there are always mps or customization options, invisible would be an absolute last resort.

I agree there are so many much cooler paint jobs you can have now, that invisible has no value as of today, but to still have it available to me seems pointless, if you don't like the species they offer then why bother? I don't know, maybe it's just me but I would not even bother with painting mine if they didn't have such cute paint brushes available! And if you do hate the species, like you said there is always the option of customizing it to the point where you might actually grow an attachment for it :)

I've seen some pretty cool customisations with Invisible pets, but yes I do agree it's pretty pointless overall XP

Invisible items are alright though :P I saw a really awesome gallery in the Spotlight recently that was basically just blank, haha.

I've seen some pretty cool customisations with Invisible pets, but yes I do agree it's pretty pointless overall XP

Invisible items are alright though :P I saw a really awesome gallery in the Spotlight recently that was basically just blank, haha.

I had to look that up immediately because that sounds like a wicked gallery idea (wish I thought of that!) It makes for a very cool effect.

If anyone else wants to take a look, here's the link:

http://www.neopets.com/gallery.phtml?place=499

I had to look that up immediately because that sounds like a wicked gallery idea (wish I thought of that!) It makes for a very cool effect.

If anyone else wants to take a look, here's the link:

http://www.neopets.c...phtml?place=499

Thanks for that :D Also if you highlight the top there's a poem that's invisible ;D Such an awesome gallery!!

Not really. I really like some customization on Invisible pets, like my pet "Kadventures" and qorkie's Kougra "Scenario." Some invisible pets can have hilarious customizations.

Thanks for that :D Also if you highlight the top there's a poem that's invisible ;D Such an awesome gallery!!

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that was there before! I just assumed it was a lot of blank space before the two lines that faded in and out, those seemed to fit so well on their own that I didn't bother to see if there was anything above it. It's a very lyrical and poignant poem :)

Not really. I really like some customization on Invisible pets, like my pet "Kadventures" and qorkie's Kougra "Scenario." Some invisible pets can have hilarious customizations.

So it would seem that invisible pets can wear clothes! Have you experienced any items that won't show up?

Those are great, btw! :D