'Fixing' and Unbalanced Pet?

jcpet

So I've been on Neopets for almost 10 years now, but when I was a kid back then, I never read up any battledome tips or anything and I just trained my pet with the lab ray. Consequently, my pet has really unbalanced stats now. High hit points, high strength, but low level, defence, and agility. Just wondering if I should even bother balancing out my pet's stats, or maybe just train up a new pet :/

My pet's current stats are:

Lv - 18

HP - 298

Str - 131

Def - 31

Agility - 39

Gonna have to train my pet to level 150 before I can do anything else...

Thoughts?

Keep using the lab ray on that pet :P

Lab pets are a type of battledome pets, and their high HP makes up for their low defense in general, so nothing to worry about. Just keep zapping every day!

That is what I do to my pet. I am using the lab on m first and favorite pet. It has on average made my pet gain a lot of Agility, Endurance, Strength. (20+) A little defense (5+) and a little lower levels. (-5-10)

Well I would say it would be worth it after like 10 years of battle plots. :P Though I would do it VERY slowly, I wouldn't waste like 2 million at one time training. I would do maybe 30 courses a month and you'll be there soon.

Well, I haven't actually done a lot of battle plots. My account is almost 10 yrs old, but I haven't actually been actively playing for 10 years.

Keep using the lab ray on that pet :P

Lab pets are a type of battledome pets, and their high HP makes up for their low defense in general, so nothing to worry about. Just keep zapping every day!

Might just do this then. Allows me to save some NPs to work towards some more expensive avatars, hahaha.

I agree with Xepha. I've been zapping my lab pet, since TFR ended, for stats.

S/he doesn't have the greatest defense but his high HP outweigh the bad, especially since the lab ray loves giving strength points.

I would suggest leveling up to 50-ish, just to get berserk. Because why not! It's nice to have and will give that extra "something" to your pet. It will be fairly cheap up until level 40, too... or play a lot of KQ for Codestones lol

/NB

I would suggest leveling up to 50-ish, just to get berserk. Because why not! It's nice to have and will give that extra "something" to your pet. It will be fairly cheap up until level 40, too... or play a lot of KQ for Codestones lol

/NB

Yeah, maybe I should. I still need to get the Meerca Henchmen avatar so that will probably help me out.

I wouldn't worry about defense too much. :) It's best to keep zapping until you are satisfied with his HP and STR stats, ant then start Armoured Negg-ing your defense up.

I forgot about that. If you play key quest you get those armoured neggs by cashing in the tokens from ordinary neggs.

I forgot about that. If you play key quest you get those armoured neggs by cashing in the tokens from ordinary neggs.

How often are neggs awarded in key quest? I don't really like to play it cause it's sort of laggy on my computer. Especially the mini games.

How often are neggs awarded in key quest? I don't really like to play it cause it's sort of laggy on my computer. Especially the mini games.

Pretty often. Of course you are at disadvantage because your computer is lagging, which is obvious, but if you don't get silver or gold keys, the chance for neggs is not great. That's not to say you won't get any.

I agree with others. I have a lab ray pet with really unbalanced stats. I stopped zapping her in an effort to try to get her level up, but I've given up on that now. Armoured Neggs and other such items are best at that high of a level. That's what I'm doing. I'm thinking about starting to zap again, but I've been using some species weapons, so I'm planning to wait for a little while until I feel like springing for the non-species weapons.

I evened out my pet's stats after zapping him. It looks quite a while, but I'm glad I did now. I had a set look I wanted for him (and he's all pretty now!) so just continuing to zap just wasn't in the cards for me. My HP wasn't as high as yours, so I didn't bother using Armoured Neggs to get his defense up (now that I'm using 5 codestones per stat, I'm starting to!), but if you want to even out your stats, those will be essential. Luckily your strength isn't too bad at all!