The Daily Neopets' presents... Puzzle Challenge 2012!

Izzy ♥

Congrats to everyone who completed all the puzzles :) I'm not sure how many people there will be who completed them all... maximum 16, since thats how many people got today's and it was the least-completed puzzle. There's probably at least a couple of people who got today's but missed an earlier one though. Ian's tallying the results for me so we'll see!

I will make up a solutions page tomorrow sometime and post it for y'all. I meant to write it earlier and release it when I closed the submissions but I spaced xD Working night shifts the week you move house doesn't help the memory haha

I totally loved this event (I wasn't good at it at all :guiltysmiley: ) but I still love it!! And the butterflies made me went crazy but they didn't made my brain explode as other challenges.

Congratulations to everyone! To the creators of the challenges too! They were awesome! :thumbsup:

This was incredibly fun, even though I got frustrated and gave up on some of the puzzles... I really enjoyed this, and now I don't know what I'll do for puzzles! :)

Congrats to everyone who managed to get all of them. You're fantastic.

Thanks to Izzy for all the awesome puzzles. :D

And congrats to everybody that was able to figure them out. I know I couldn't have gotten some of them without those hints. Haha.

I was still missing three when it ended, but I had a fun time anyway. ^0^

Yeah, this was great. I have to say, I liked it a LOT more than any of the actual Neopets plots in recent years. (Except for maybe Faerie's Ruin... I was so glad to see comics and a plot! xP But the interactive part of that was still meh.)

Thanks so much for putting this together, Izzy!

My only plea: if you do it again, don't do it in November! xP College finals AND National Novel Writing Month AND holiday shopping season at work... yeesh!

The puzzle challenge was very challenging, even if I did skimp out about halfway through. I can't believe how you made some of those! I wouldv'e never guessed half of those without help! Great job :laughingsmiley:

Edit: Crud, it wasn't posting, but it acutally was. Can you please delete all of those extras? Sorry!

Cheers Izzy! loved the pc. twas great fun. :)

disappointed with #30 though, totally impossibru to do on my trackpad, therefore abolishing all my hopes of winning D:

Thanks Izzy!

#6 was the first puzzle that stumped me, despite being so easy. I didn't realize the Olive Tree was the answer. Lol. I searched for it for days... and couldn't understand how people said they found "everything". That puzzle was my first clue for all the other puzzles that followed to check whatever was left over.

I never actually solved #9, the Zurroball high score, though I did guess (and rightly) that it involved the letters of the staff member's names. So my first guess was Twitterpate simply because he (or she) had the longest name. :)

Also for #12, the Hexagon puzzle, I didn't get #4 and #6 clues. Specially #4. "Keypad" was certainly the farthest thing from my mind. I thought of "Smilie", "Avatar", and I forgot what else, but of course, they didn't fit the hexagon. I thought of "Fruits" for #6. :) Luckily, the answer could be guessed from clues 1, 2 and 3.

#14 had me randomly clicking at first, until I got frustrated when I felt I was going in circles. So, I looked at the image source codes and they were all different. Lol. The doors were numbered until 75 or 80, if I recall correctly, although at the very first page there was a door 99.

Hurray, answers. Now I can see what I've overlooked. ^_^

There was a puzzle involved in #8? I just assumed that Snowager was the one that gets mispronounced.

My mind doesn't work with puzzles like #16, which is why the hints didn't help me much.

Oh goodness. #20 is absolutely clever.

I only missed one difference on #28, in a place that I know I looked over and over again. :mellow:

All in all, I missed 7 of them, and got several by luck. But I really enjoyed this challenge. Thanks Izzy!

Hehe I have to admit to randomly guessing #9. I may have figured it out if you did ask for the score but then again I may be giving myself too much credit :P

I also used the source code to get through the #14 caves! Wouldn't have figured it out any other way. Loved that this puzzle was a bit reminiscent of the maze from the lost desert plot! I remember drawing out a huge map for that one haha

Many of the puzzles that had answers for petpet or item names where you had to solve individual parts to get the answer... I solved bits of it and used an item database to get the rest... Like #12, I distinctly recall getting "s _ _ der" and guessing the rest! Same with "_ _ _ _ kard" in #23

Overall it was super fun!! #2 was definitely the most laborious puzzle and I have no clue how I would have solved it without all the hints! #30 was the most nerve wrecking because I was pushing it down to the wire!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...