The Daily Neopets' presents... Puzzle Challenge 2012!

Izzy ♥

I'm stuck on that one too. I know what the items are, I know how they're related, but I can't figure out the numbers... :(

That's where I'm at. I know that I'm missing something, something simple, but I can't find it.

And I just took a look at the second one....ugh...

Just one helpful hint for Puzzle #2. If you are going to cut out the dominoes to try to solve this, make sure you put a mark on them first, so that you know the top from the bottom. Once they are cut out, you can't tell the difference on some of them.

Puzzle 1: Done

Puzzle 2: I was wondering if you lovely TDN staff might discuss disclosing the following information to us lowly puzzle solvers. - is there one domino that is in the right place? But please, supposing the answer is yes, DON'T TELL US WHICH ONE!

Would you consider this a fair hint?

Yours,

Puzzle Fanatic Darthenia :laughingsmiley:

P.S: -Gutted not to have known about TDN in '08 and missing Puzzle Challenge! :sad02:

Stared at both challenges for a minute each and have given up.

Patience is not my strongest quality.

I honestly can't give any more hints for this one, since I haven't been able to solve it yet. :/

@Darthenia: The Puzzle Challenge of 2008 is the main reason I became active on the TDN Forums. Best of luck solving all the challenges!

12 hours into puzzle #2. Haven't made one letter of progress. What makes it so hard is I have no idea what the "theme" of the puzzle is. Like how in the game Wheel of Fortune or in Hangman each puzzle is given a category. That would be super helpful right about now.

As far as I'm aware none of the dominoes are in the "right" place - not intentionally anyway LOL I basically wrote the phrase then cut it up and moved them all around haha

When I did this one in 2008, I didn't give a category and people still got it :P For whoever said last time's had a question mark, this one has an ! to mark the end xD

Wow, the second one is wicked. :/ The first and third ones I understood with no issue... my math teacher gave us brainteasers like this all the time for warm-ups! I just had to look up what the items actually were in the first one, because otherwise I was clueless. But the second one is ridiculously hard! So glad we don't get penalized for taking more than a day to solve it. xP

First and 3rd ones were CAKE compared to the second one. I'm gonna keep trying, but I honestly don't think I'll be able to get it xD I wasn't around in 2008, but if it was a question mark at the end it might have been a little bit easier because you know it has to start with a question word like who, what, when, etc.

Yeah. 3rd one i got it fast. Simple.

But yeah, in the same boat with the majority with regards to puzzle #2. D:

Izzy, just curious if anyone has solved Puzzle #2 already :O

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Double posting is not allowed, there's an edit button if you have anything else to add to your previous post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.