Red Codestones Deflation

Bacchanta

With the new battledome giving out a massive amounts of red codestones (In my case anyway), the prices of these now avarage between 10 000 and 15 000 np. Now I wonder wether it would be a good training strategy to 'quickly' level my pet up to level 250 and leave my other stats unattened for now. When I hit level 250 I can train my pet's other stats in the Ninja Training school.

10 000 tot 15 000 np for one statpoint is much cheaper then what you pay from up to 3 codestone training at Mystery Island. Also the time needed for one stat point increase is only 4 hours (with the one red codestone training).

Is my observation correct or am I missing something?

A few things to take into consideration:

*The battledome is ALSO giving out free codestones, so their cost is also decreasing. You're right, though, that it doesn't seem as rapid--probably because people are also training their pets right now so they can keep up with the new Battledome.

*I would also guess that the Battledome will not give out these prizes forever, so the prices of the red codestones will inflate again...and then you'll be stuck paying the expensive prices. Unless you stock up now.

*Once you get up to eight codestones, you will have to spend 24 hours per stat point, which means a minimum of fifty days just on level 8. All in all, it will definitely take over four months to get that high. Do you want to take the chance that the Battledome will still be giving out prizes that long?

*If you only have to pay 3 codestones right now, then during the time when you're training level, you'll have to go up to 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...and you have to pay for that the whole time. If you're saying it's too expensive for 3 codestones, then it will definitely be too expensive for 8 codestones. (If we say it costs 10,000 for three codestones, then it will be over 25k per stat point once you get up to 8. And that means you'll have to spend 1.25 million on levels...JUST for leveling up while you are level 8. I didn't count 4, 5, 6, 7.)

But I'm still using the stocks of codestones I'd already bought before this happened, so I haven't actually observed it experimentally. If you really have observed it to be worth it, then absolutely go for it! Plus, if they're 10-15k right now, they will probably decrease even more, down to 5k or so. I'm actually now considering it, thanks to you, because I didn't know that you can raise a stat every four hours at the Secret Ninja Training School when you're level 250. I currently have to wait 18 hours, and once I raise my level one more, it will be 24 hours. It would DEFINITELY be in my interests to cut down on the time it takes to train. So...thanks for the idea!

I don't know why the Battledome would stop giving out Red Codestones. They might become more rare, but I doubt it will stop altogether. I'm expecting their price to stay low for awhile.

I suggest you don't hurry up and upgrade your level, because then you'll be paying more for your other stats. I would think it would be better to just stock up on red codestones. Of course, if a lot of people start doing that, it will start the inflation process.

Karina makes some great points which I agree with.

I'm currently at level 130 paying 6 codestones for 12 hours, pain! I've been buying red codestones in bulk, just in case they do stop being given out as prizes.

I plan to get my pet to level 150, with Str, Def and HP all up to 300 (so another 140 stat points through normal codestone training) then I'll raise my level to 250 (another 100 stats) then I'll be able to train using Red codestones. I calculated that to get my pet up to 500 Str, Def and HP (in line with my 250 level) I'd need 600 red codestones.

My point? Calculate what you'd need if you start training to level 250 now and how many red's you'll need to bring your other stats up to par. If you can't afford that many then perhaps be cautious because it may not be worth your time if they do go up again.

Karina makes some great points which I agree with.

I'm currently at level 130 paying 6 codestones for 12 hours, pain! I've been buying red codestones in bulk, just in case they do stop being given out as prizes.

I plan to get my pet to level 150, with Str, Def and HP all up to 300 (so another 140 stat points through normal codestone training) then I'll raise my level to 250 (another 100 stats) then I'll be able to train using Red codestones. I calculated that to get my pet up to 500 Str, Def and HP (in line with my 250 level) I'd need 600 red codestones.

My point? Calculate what you'd need if you start training to level 250 now and how many red's you'll need to bring your other stats up to par. If you can't afford that many then perhaps be cautious because it may not be worth your time if they do go up again.

This is kind of my thinking as well. I don't think it would be worthwhile to go from 3 three codestones to the red ones, but as you have to use more codestones, and training takes SO MUCH LONGER, getting to the Ninja school makes that much more logical.

Don't forget that you also can access to the Ninja Weaponry when your pet's level is 250+

NinjaWeaponry.png

Thick Smoke Bomb (one use only) is an equivalent of Thyoras Tear

Jade Elixir (one use only) is an equivalent of Jade Scorchstone or Leaded Elemental Vial

Those items at the Secret Ninja Training School can be very usefull during plots (if you don't possess those very expensive items)

Don't forget that you also can access to the Ninja Weaponry when your pet's level is 250+

NinjaWeaponry.png

Thick Smoke Bomb (one use only) is an equivalent of Thyoras Tear

Jade Elixir (one use only) is an equivalent of Jade Scorchstone or Leaded Elemental Vial

Those items at the Secret Ninja Training School can be very usefull during plots (if you don't possess those very expensive items)

When I get there, I'm going to but Thick Smoke Bombs and sell them for a profit.

I've got a long way to go, but all my codestones are in my SDB and I won't sell them until the red codestones are on there normal value again.

After the first few days the BD opened, i'd got about 8 Red Codestones and i decided to sell them, but I couldn't get more than 100K for them.

I doubt they will go back up. I'm guessing the BD is going to continue giving them out. TNT might adjust their prize formula after beta so it's harder to get them, but they won't go back to where they were.

I doubt they will go back up. I'm guessing the BD is going to continue giving them out. TNT might adjust their prize formula after beta so it's harder to get them, but they won't go back to where they were.

Isn't only the Beta giving them out? Eventually their prices wil go back up, but it will take maybe years.

Er...is anyone else still getting them? And by "them" I mean prizes at all? I went several battles past the np limit yesterday, and I've played a few battles today, and I have not gotten a single prize, not even a booby prize.

The amount of np has also definitely gone down...it was 300 per game, then down to 262, and by now it's 150.

Er...is anyone else still getting them? And by "them" I mean prizes at all? I went several battles past the np limit yesterday, and I've played a few battles today, and I have not gotten a single prize, not even a booby prize.

The amount of np has also definitely gone down...it was 300 per game, then down to 262, and by now it's 150.

I noticed that too. I thought it was only me. Last prizes I got were like 4 days ago. :O

Until you are told that you cannot get more items, you can still get them

I get my daily Red Codestones and Neocola Tokens, but it's true that I have a lot of fights without getting items. I do fight 13-17 battles per day though (and I fight about in every arena and difficulty)

• 1 month later...

I find that I frequently don't get a picture, but I do get new items in my inventory. Personally, I am buying a few red codestones a day and saving all the ones I win. I also would need to spend 3 months to level up to the ninja school and who knows what they will cost by then. If they are still cheaper when I hit about 18 hours training time, I will level up then and train at the ninja school.

With the new battledome giving out a massive amounts of red codestones (In my case anyway), the prices of these now avarage between 10 000 and 15 000 np. Now I wonder wether it would be a good training strategy to 'quickly' level my pet up to level 250 and leave my other stats unattened for now. When I hit level 250 I can train my pet's other stats in the Ninja Training school.

10 000 tot 15 000 np for one statpoint is much cheaper then what you pay from up to 3 codestone training at Mystery Island. Also the time needed for one stat point increase is only 4 hours (with the one red codestone training).

Is my observation correct or am I missing something?

Haven't read the other replies, it's very late and I'm tired, but unable to sleep. But I wanted to say that I think you've got a good point. I was actually thinking about that as well just about 12 hours ago as I put my pet into training for some defense. I could prove useful to just go to red stones, as the BD is giving them out quite a bit these days. I also get regular codestones, and I use those primarily when I train currently. 3 reds or 8 regular, it's something to think about imho.