This is a SERIOUS problem

Darthenia

NEOPETS SUPPORT  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Does neopets support currently work for you?

2. 2. Have you ever experienced these issues or similar with neopets support?

• yes, once or twice
    • yes, frequently
    • no, never

this is my problem;

I cant create a neopet.

I'm premium and have been since I had 2 pets. I was unable to create a new pet since I've had 2 pets, I've tried everything;

cleared all history, cache, cookies, scanned for viruses, malware, adware etc.. cleaned up the registry, changed browsers, rebooted many times over, signed out and in umpteen times too!

so I submitted a ticket.

I gave them all this information, the error codes and more,

whilst I was waiting for a response, I would periodically check the ticket status, sometimes it doesn't let you in, sometimes it just returns you to the neopets homepage, sometimes it doesn't load correctly and won't display the neopets header bar.

GRRARRG!

So they replied to my ticket after about 10 days with a prewritten response, in pidgeon english saying "we are sorry that you have problem to create account. this is not a bug, the username you request is either banned, in use, or stuck in our system. if you contiue this problem, please try a different username"

so I sent a reply back saying that the information they gave me doesnt help and its not about creating an account or usernames, its about creating a pet!!

I then 'added additional information' which was that I discovered that I also couldnt use the adoption agency, but I could adopt a grundo.

But now when I click "my support" IF IT LOADS, all it does is loop me back to either neopets homepage or the main FAQ.

I think they might have deleted my ticket?

I cant even submit a ticket about this because it seems the ticket link is broken!!

I cant use the adoption agency, or create a new pet so all I can hope to do is adopt grundos and await my luck at getting morphing potions :(

please someone, is there anyway around this? I dont see why I should be paying for a service that I'm only receiving in part!

The Support area is always a pain to load, but your ticket should still be in there- they close tickets that they feel have been dealt with, but they aren't deleted.

If you are unable to find it again, open another one. Say exactly what you said in the last line- I expect they'll take it more seriously if you hint at cutting off Premium. ;)

(I just checked, and I was able to get to the open a ticket page just fine. If you need to continue contact with them, you should be able to reply to the email they send you.)

Been there...

I feel like there's one specific support staffer who doesn't even bother reading what you say. They glance at the summary that you write, pick the best assumed automated answer, send that and close the ticket or put it into the queue of death, for it never to be resolved, and hope you forget about it.

Based off of other posts here, this bug/glitch/whatever seems fairly common. I don't think anyone has ever followed up with a solution, however.

I can't reach my support either. Rather annoying when you have gotten an answer to one of your two tickets, but they don't mention which one it's about (except for ticket number of course)... I feel for ya. Can you adopt a pet or is that not even a possibility ? I'd say just keep replying to the emails until you get a satisfactory reply.

I'd have to agree after my harassment report - I feel very discouraged that they didn't look at a thing I said in my report, and rather I got chastised.

I know how you feel. I sent one and then I got warned! A user just came up to and started bugging me! I was reported by her "friends" who couldn't believe me!

I'd have to agree after my harassment report - I feel very discouraged that they didn't look at a thing I said in my report, and rather I got chastised.

Ugh, I can`t believe it! :/ TNT, I am not impressed with you!

I can't reach my support either. Rather annoying when you have gotten an answer to one of your two tickets, but they don't mention which one it's about (except for ticket number of course)... I feel for ya. Can you adopt a pet or is that not even a possibility ? I'd say just keep replying to the emails until you get a satisfactory reply.

nope, cant adopt, cant do anything!

D:

I've put in another ticket.

this feels utterly pointless though.

oh and get this. I got sent an official warning from TNT saying that I was using foul language. but in the text below the message it said "the offensive phrase that was removed is below with the profanities or offensive content ****'d out"

and there was my post.

with nothing omitted from it.

it wasn't even offensive.

oh TNT, you'll try to over censor your outdated forums, but you wont bother helping people with harassment or technical difficulties....

I fear that's Viacom all over for you....

Oops, I was trying to quote something :S what I was TRYING to quote was:

"I cant even submit a ticket about this because it seems the ticket link is broken!!"

I had that problem too, I had my ticket typed out and everything, but when I was finished and ready to submit, THERE WAS NO BUTTON FOR SUBMITTING. What the Farnswap?

I'm sorry that you're having errors with Neopets and TNT is being so uncaring and unfair about it. I wish I could help but I don't know anything :(

I suppose you could try cutting off your Premium membership and then try creating a pet. I'm no expert though. T_T

I don't think TNT even looks at what you send them, just an automated thing receives the issue and responds with an automated response and usually does nothing. The Editorial is more likely a place to get support anymore, but they only select a handful of questions and they don't address your current situation that is happening at hand unless everybody is having a situation like it. I had asked them at the beginning of the month why Habi was going offline an hour earlier than they said, and in the Editorial later that week there were no questions about Habi answered at all. I'm also positive many players were asking the same thing and TNT wanted to get away from it and not try answering and leave us wondering.

I don't think TNT even looks at what you send them, just an automated thing receives the issue and responds with an automated response and usually does nothing. The Editorial is more likely a place to get support anymore, but they only select a handful of questions and they don't address your current situation that is happening at hand unless everybody is having a situation like it. I had asked them at the beginning of the month why Habi was going offline an hour earlier than they said, and in the Editorial later that week there were no questions about Habi answered at all. I'm also positive many players were asking the same thing and TNT wanted to get away from it and not try answering and leave us wondering.

That's really sad to hear from so many of you that TNT is providing such a poor quality service.

I think if I don't get a decent response this time, I will post in to the editorial as frequently as possible to try to get a solution.

on the bright side I have some news...

UPDATE!

I JUST managed to access "my support"

my original ticket addressing the problem with creating a pet had been answered with the response

"try changing your pets color"

o_O

my second ticket addressing all the problems I've been having asked me to provide additional information, but seemed to be answered by a human, as it said "what do you mean you cannot 'access' half of the site?"

I took it upon myself to compile a "short" list of my problems and reply thus:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi, I've already posted a ticket with all the specifics in it, unfortunately I can't provide you with a ticket number as i cannot access 'My support'

I'll give you a brief overview:

1. I cant access the 'My support' tab - when I click on it, it flickers up with the log in box but logs in automatically and says 'processing' at which point one of two things happens.

A. I am automatically redirected to neopets.com homepage

B. I am automatically redirected to the main FAQ & help page

2. I cannot create a new neopet. I only have 3, I have been unable to create a neopet since my first pet.

-I obtained my other 2 pets from the 'adopt a grundo' facility and used a morphing potion on one

-whenever I try to create a pet, simply put it doesn't work. there is no error message displayed.

-when I click the 'check if name available' it does nothing

-when I click create it does nothing, the page doesn't even try to load any further

-when I select 'create a pet' from the link in the header bar, or click on the '5th neopet' icon on my premium bar, instead of being taken to http://www.neopets.com/addpet.phtml I am redirected to http://www.neopets.com/reg/page4.phtml (not sure if this is intentional or not)

3. I cannot use the adoption facility

-I can view pets to adopt but the 'view more' button doesn't work ?broken link?

-I can click adopt and when I do I am presented with the pop up confirmation window, however when I click yes/OK the box disappears and the page loads no further.

4. sometimes when I click the help link at the bottom of any neopets.com page, or the premium FAQ button, the whole neopets header and my premium bar disappears and all the pages links are broken.

5. sometimes when viewing my inventory, this happens (see attachment)

none of this happened before I got premium (hence why I could create a neopet in the first place)

I have done the following in an attempt to fix these issues:

cleared all history,

cleared cache,

cleared cookies,

scanned for viruses & malware, adware etc..

cleaned up the registry,

changed browsers,

rebooted many times over,

signed out and in of neopets a million times too!

I really don't think it is an issue with my machine as I have checked everything I can think of and Its not very old!

These are my system specs:

Browser: Firefox (latest update)

Antivirus: Avast!

Firewall: Windows

Laptop Model: ACER Compaq Presario CQ61

please do not reply to this with a basic solution like "have you tried changing your neopets colour?" or "try turning your computer on and off again"

I have exhausted every route I can think of, to try and fix these issues, but all to no avail.

- - - - - - - - - -

I eagerly await TNT's response.

I hope this works out for you!

Have you tried: Attempting to make a pet on a different computer? Perhaps it will work! And since you don't really need to make pets often this could be a viable temporary solution to your problem (tickets tend to take forever to be answered, and aren't even answered properly most the time)

Uninstalling premium toolbar?

Signing out of premium portal?

Also do you know if you can receive pets? The pound has a transfer option, which sends a pet directly to the user and the receiving prompt looks similar the one you get when receiving a gift.

Have you tried making a (non-premium) side account to see if you can create pets? If this works AND you can receive pets through the transfer option, you could send yourself a pet from a side account. Besides, if it works you will know that premium is indeed what's causing the problem.

I've had the exact same issue since getting premium.

I can't create pets, or adopt. I've sent a ticket and a series of emails, all have been useless! TNT have said things like, maybe it's due to the purge so many people trying to create pets etc, and they have repeatedly asked me what the name of the pet I'm trying to make is. Like seriously! It's not the name that's the problem! Grrrrr.

I've had issues for about three months now :/ seriously considering just getting rid of premium.

I've had the exact same issue since getting premium.

I can't create pets, or adopt. I've sent a ticket and a series of emails, all have been useless! TNT have said things like, maybe it's due to the purge so many people trying to create pets etc, and they have repeatedly asked me what the name of the pet I'm trying to make is. Like seriously! It's not the name that's the problem! Grrrrr.

I've had issues for about three months now :/ seriously considering just getting rid of premium.

can I ask what your current specs are?

maybe we can compare and see if its a software problem!

mine are :

Browser: Firefox (latest update)

Antivirus: Avast!

Firewall: Windows

Laptop Model: ACER Compaq Presario CQ61

Java: 1.6.0_37

Flash: 11.5.502.110

I know this is a bit old but I see that you never posted an update. I was curious if your problem was ever resolved? I sure hope so! I had no idea premium service could cause these issues. >.<

For a premium account, I'd think they'd at least be a bit more careful.

I hope you'll eventually have a solution for this. It appears the problem comes from having a Premium account, so I would also stop the payment for next month to see. Maybe once it's renewed, the problem will go away? If you have a side account, you could always try to see if it works too. That should tell them that it's really a Premium problem, or the account you used as a main that's having difficulty with it.

Okay, I am PRAYING to the king of beef jerky that this helps you:

1. Make a side account that doesn't have Premium.

2. Create your preferred neopet on there.

3. Transfer it to your main.

Hopefully that'll work. If it doesn't, I don't know what will. :angry: