Regrets

marpo

Hmm, I'm honestly really embarrassed to admit this... but I was a complete noob at the time xD

I only started playing about 9 months ago and one of the first things I did was buy a baby PB. It was the only PB in my price range and I painted my baby koi with it before looking at all the MUCH cuter baby pets. I ended up pounding that pet and I still feel bad, but even if I had painted it again I probably wouldn't have kept it. (it was badly named - I just recently realized that I only want very-well-named pets)

Also (this is the really embarrassing part) Someone was on the TP selling a petpet lab map piece (full set) I believe they were asking for 20k. I *thought* that A: they were just being nice or B: they were unaware of the price. I offered them 100k because I thought it was the Secret lab map. When I looked at my inventory I was in shock. I had only been playing for like a month or so then, so I guess I forgive myself. :P

Nice topic idea btw. :3 It's interesting. Can't wait to hear others "uh-oh" moments. ^_^

- How much was your nerkmid worth? If it was one of the 100-150k ones that's not SO bad. I believe the most expensive one is around 230k (er, somewhere around there). Usually when I'm lucky and come across a nerkmid I can't resist using it though. :)

All I really regret is my horrible username. What was I thinking?..

I never really did anything nooby like selling items too low, I can't think of any other types of things. I'd rather not remember anyway. :laughingsmiley:

All I really regret is my horrible username. What was I thinking?..

I never really did anything nooby like selling items too low, I can't think of any other types of things. I'd rather not remember anyway. :laughingsmiley:

If it makes you feel any better, I quite like your username :)

I sold my Snowbunny the minute I go it... Regret that...

All I have to say to the Newbies is save everything! Put it in your safety deposit box and forget about it for a year. lol

My shoyru

My UC rare, plushie Shoyru

*facepalm*

It's a friggin string of numbers!!!!

I used to do this thing where i would find a name I wanted.. then string a bunch of numbers on it

I forgot to put a name on her... and this was the result :sad02: :thumbsdown: :grrr:

I'm extremely mad at my 2nd grade self lol

My highschool username "lilshadowdweller". First, why would someone in the shadows use "lil"?! And why Shadow Dweller? I'm not an isolated person who's all "deep" and "dark". I never was even when I created the username.

The other thing: My Raynas392 account. Why did I make a numbered account? Numbers are so ugly! And why did I put "Raynas" insteasd of just "Rayna", especially since I would have had to add the numbers anyway? I would've been 12 when I made that account.

Most recently, I sold a Nerkmid on the TP to someone for this really rare book - that I can't even Auction or sell! Nobody wants it, lol.

Like some other people on here, my biggest regret is naming my pets with a string of numbers afterwards. I was like, uhhh, 11 when I did it so I suppose I can be forgiving but still... Now I love my pets so much I could never pound them so looks like I'm stuck with those names!

When I made my account 5-ish years ago, when I was 10, I had just discovered underscores and thought they were the coolest thing ever. And I also thought you needed a bunch of random numbers on names or they wouldn't be accepted. :P

Hmm, I'm honestly really embarrassed to admit this... but I was a complete noob at the time xD

I only started playing about 9 months ago and one of the first things I did was buy a baby PB. It was the only PB in my price range and I painted my baby koi with it before looking at all the MUCH cuter baby pets. I ended up pounding that pet and I still feel bad, but even if I had painted it again I probably wouldn't have kept it. (it was badly named - I just recently realized that I only want very-well-named pets)

Also (this is the really embarrassing part) Someone was on the TP selling a petpet lab map piece (full set) I believe they were asking for 20k. I *thought* that A: they were just being nice or B: they were unaware of the price. I offered them 100k because I thought it was the Secret lab map. When I looked at my inventory I was in shock. I had only been playing for like a month or so then, so I guess I forgive myself. :P

Nice topic idea btw. :3 It's interesting. Can't wait to hear others "uh-oh" moments. ^_^

- How much was your nerkmid worth? If it was one of the 100-150k ones that's not SO bad. I believe the most expensive one is around 230k (er, somewhere around there). Usually when I'm lucky and come across a nerkmid I can't resist using it though. :)

I don't remember but now I want the vending machine avatar and I don't have a nerkmid, so I regret selling it. I guess I can buy one, but still.

I sold my Snowbunny the minute I go it... Regret that...

All I have to say to the Newbies is save everything! Put it in your safety deposit box and forget about it for a year. lol

Hahaha, I save everything now!

I regret not building up to sending a high score. :/ On my (old) main account, I was really rich, like 15 million Neopoints and loads of rares in my SDB, full lab map and petpet lab map, millions in stocks, etc. Normally I only played games for NP, so I sent my score the moment I broke the 1000 NP score mark. One day I was sick from school and got bored, so I started playing Bouncy Supreme... and kept playing. I don't know how I was so good at it, except that there was a similar mini-game on an old Magic School Bus game I had when I was little. But then I kept going for like half an hour or more, and soon I was at 105,000 points. The highest score then was like 85,000. I took a screenshot before I sent my score to ensure it would give me my NP (because I still had dial-up), but when I got on that night to feed my pets before bed, my account was frozen. Not warned or suspended. FROZEN. Why? "Cheating."

I sent them my screenshot with the date in the corner of the screen, my username visible, everything. They wouldn't unfreeze it. Now I'm afraid to send a high score on ANY game, even the ones I rock at, because I feel like my 9-year-old account (which is my current main) will get iced.

Oh. And I regret letting my little sister share my account when we were ten. xD She sold some of my items, and recently they've jumped to a few million NP apiece. (They were plushies, and I remember them well because I was collecting them!)

My biggest regret was not buying and MSPP (TCG) when they were affordable (pre-avatar craziness). I've always kinda been obsessed with the look of the MSPP so I considered getting one, but then decided 100k was a lil too expensive for a "useless" card *facepalm*

I could be a billionaire now :(

I also regret adding numbers to the end of one of my pet's name. I just found out you could create LEs pets on their pet day, so I created a chomy_2005 the chomby. He's a UC Grey, but has a bad name and won't trade :( I like him enough to keep him as a permie though so I guess it's not that bad. But he is still my only hope for getting my dreamie of a UC MSPP, and a slim hope at that.

I kinda regret my username. But I was 11 years old and couldn't think anything better. Also the names of my pets are string of numbers. When I was eleven and named my pets and the name I wanted wasn't available I just put couple of numbers at the end of the name. Then I regret making my neohome in Faerieland. I would now prefer Altador. Faerieland is too girly...

Guest JussttBre

I regret my old username and the pets. I hate numbers on stuff but then my other regret is ditching my olddd account to make a new one without numbers then forgetting the old's password. Fail.

I didn't know a thing when I started, so I used underscores and x's - so that's always fun. I think my biggest regret was not knowing what a FFQ was, and turning it down (this was on my old main).

I did this too in the beginning, turning down an FFQ... Regret number two! lol

My biggest regret was not buying and MSPP (TCG) when they were affordable (pre-avatar craziness). I've always kinda been obsessed with the look of the MSPP so I considered getting one, but then decided 100k was a lil too expensive for a "useless" card *facepalm*

I could be a billionaire now :(

I also regret adding numbers to the end of one of my pet's name. I just found out you could create LEs pets on their pet day, so I created a chomy_2005 the chomby. He's a UC Grey, but has a bad name and won't trade :( I like him enough to keep him as a permie though so I guess it's not that bad. But he is still my only hope for getting my dreamie of a UC MSPP, and a slim hope at that.

WHAT?!!! Won't trade. In my 'minimal' understanding of UC pets I assumed that ANY UC pet was in huge demand. Especially plushies and grey's. I cannot understand how in the world your UC grey chomby wouldn't trade. >.< Bad name or not I didn't think it really mattered on UC pets. He's adorable though :) I know you don't want to trade him but I was just curious...

After reading this I kind of regret putting an underscore in my mynci's name. I never realized underscores were so frowned upon. Although she is a permie so I guess it doesn't matter. Kali's_Minky will always look nice to me. Kali is my daughter's name and monkeys are her favorite animal, but since I was little I called them minkys. So that is how that name was born. One underscore never hurt anyone, right?

I like Kali's_Minky. I think it's cute. :) I truly don't understand the underscore thing and (x) thing either because I like some of the usernames that look like this: xx_username_xx :D But to each there own.

Aw thanks! Exactly, you can't please everyone. But I did just think of something I regret. So I won a Maraquan PB from the fruit machine awhile back. Silly me being impatient traded it for Eventide PB (mistake number 1) then again due to my impatience I ended up selling it for only 4.5 million (mistake number 2). I now know that if I would have just held on to that Maraquan PB and left it in the TP that eventually (even though it would have taken longer than I would have liked) I would have gotten the offer I wanted.

My biggest regret was getting rid of my first Kacheek and creating a Kougra in his place. Not that I no longer want a Kougra, I'm glad I have my dreamie now (a Pirate Kougra, and I've had him Pirate for almost two years). I just wish I went about getting a Kougra differently. Let's see...I was 14 at the time, and could not find a Kougra MP in any shop (I was afraid to check the trades because I didn't have much NP), and I made topics on the NeoBoards asking for help, and nobody would respond. Now, some Kougra MPs have become Tarla'd, and man do I wish 14-year old me bought a MP instead. Also I later learned that "phoenix" was spelled p-h-o-e-n-i-x, and not p-h-e-o-n-i-x. So my Kougra has "phoenix" in his name misspelled, and so did the Kacheek before him.

And while I really wish my first pets (Shuhune, Blossom, and KP), did not have numbers or underscores, I don't know what else I'd want to name them - well, ShuhuneNekokai, BlossomThornwell...they are all original characters of mine with first and last names, some of my more recent Neopets have their last name included, others are just "well named" But whatever the case, they are still Shuhune, Blossom, and KP. And I adore them the way they are, I never trade pets. I create and adopt, and all are permies.

Some side pets have underscores in their name (Seth does as a "spacebar" to separate his first and last name), Shiroumaru had to because I needed an extra letter to make the name available, I barely even notice the underscore at the end of his name, and a couple have their first and last mashed together: "HikaruIsanichi", "DaisukeKamoshi" There is also "Kiinneey", whom I adpoted, and the rest would all be considered "well named" - but I do not care what people think of a pet by their name, they are my pets, and I look past what they are named online.

I used to regret my username. I recall the small rectangle gif advertisements on the old Neopets menu bar and the word "feeble" and "IQ" popped up when I was making a new account. Once I knew what it meant I realised it doesn't give the best of impressions. However, it doesn't bother me at all now knowing I can't change it . But if TNT ever did find a way to change usernames... I'm not sure what I would do.