Neopets Account Help

Emily

In addition to what Mouseykins said, you can also just use the Soup Faerie to feed your pets (it's what I've been doing, works just fine for me, since there are no (well, hardly any) NP on my side accounts).

Also both TDN and JellyNeo have really useful articles on what you can/can't do with side accounts. :)

Adding to what I said previously and what Nielo has just commented. You can also use the Neolodge on your side accounts as well, just make sure that all Neopoints come from your main account. Thank you for linkin gto our guide, I often forget we have one for side account related stuff. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello :)

I'm terrified of getting frozen! I've worked hard to achieve what I have today and I love love LOVE my account.
So I come to you to ask about some things I'm not sure I'm doing wrong and if I can indeed get frozen from it.

Image with a link as way to copyright 

As you can see HERE, I have a picture with a link to the artist site.
I fell in love with that picture so I decided to put it there. I know that TNT is not really friendly with outside links but it's not like I can or want to take the credit of it. 
Is that picture breaking any rule and can I get frozen from it? 

Shield on userlookup

Can I remove completely or replace it with other image that is not a shield? Is that breaking any rules? 

tumblr_ms20vpk95w1qhy6c9o1_500.gif

5 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Hello :)

I'm terrified of getting frozen! I've worked hard to achieve what I have today and I love love LOVE my account.
So I come to you to ask about some things I'm not sure I'm doing wrong and if I can indeed get frozen from it.

Image with a link as way to copyright 

As you can see HERE, I have a picture with a link to the artist site.
I fell in love with that picture so I decided to put it there. I know that TNT is not really friendly with outside links but it's not like I can or want to take the credit of it. 
Is that picture breaking any rule and can I get frozen from it? 

Shield on userlookup

Can I remove completely or replace it with other image that is not a shield? Is that breaking any rules? 

tumblr_ms20vpk95w1qhy6c9o1_500.gif

I don't like to see a question go unanswered, or, at least, not responded to. But, please note, I am not quite certain of what is or isn't allowed on Neopets.

Image with a link as a way to copyright: This is a tough one. I do know Neopets doesn't like links to third party websites and mentioning other sites is/was "taboo". It used to be you couldn't mention sites like "Google", so people would use the term "Poogle", but I have made posts on the Neoboards saying "Google" and "Adobe Flash", and haven't gotten a warning. So, I did look up your petpage. Very nice, BTW. In my opinion, it appears you give credit to the artist. And, technically, it isn't a true hyper-link, as you aren't able to click on the link listed or the picture. Since it is not clickable, I'd say it is ok, but that is my opinion only, and not sure if Neopets would agree. Did you add/type the credit "link", or did it come with the picture? If you added it, I'd say maybe change it to something like, "Created by tibby-kitty at DeviantArt". That way, you are still giving credit, but not mentioning a website directly. The way you have it now, could, possibly, be against the rules, again, me just speculating. I would hope you'd just get a warning message and not frozen, if that is the case. I've been looking over Neopets "Terms of Service", "Neo Rules", and "Copyright Compliance Policy", and Lawyerbot I'm not. Nothing appeared to be a "yes" or no".

Shield on userlookup: You can replace it with another image. There are several Neopian Times Editorials stating such, and take a look here, at TDN Graphics, concerning shields: http://graphics.thedailyneopets.com/shields.html. The main thing you cannot do with shields is change the account age to make it look like you have an older or younger account. You can put, "forever", "way too long", or something like that. And far as completely covering it up, I could find anything. So, I'm not sure if you can. I'd think it'd be ok, but that is just my opinion, too.

For both, I'd say it would be a great Neopian Times Editorial question to ask. Questions like that seem to get answered. Again, hoping @Mouseykins or @hrtbrk or another knowledgeable individual will post.

20 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I don't like to see a question go unanswered, or, at least, not responded to. But, please note, I am not quite certain of what is or isn't allowed on Neopets.

Image with a link as a way to copyright: This is a tough one. I do know Neopets doesn't like links to third party websites and mentioning other sites is/was "taboo". It used to be you couldn't mention sites like "Google", so people would use the term "Poogle", but I have made posts on the Neoboards saying "Google" and "Adobe Flash", and haven't gotten a warning. So, I did look up your petpage. Very nice, BTW. In my opinion, it appears you give credit to the artist. And, technically, it isn't a true hyper-link, as you aren't able to click on the link listed or the picture. Since it is not clickable, I'd say it is ok, but that is my opinion only, and not sure if Neopets would agree. Did you add/type the credit "link", or did it come with the picture? If you added it, I'd say maybe change it to something like, "Created by tibby-kitty at DeviantArt". That way, you are still giving credit, but not mentioning a website directly. The way you have it now, could, possibly, be against the rules, again, me just speculating. I would hope you'd just get a warning message and not frozen, if that is the case. I've been looking over Neopets "Terms of Service", "Neo Rules", and "Copyright Compliance Policy", and Lawyerbot I'm not. Nothing appeared to be a "yes" or no".

Shield on userlookup: You can replace it with another image. There are several Neopian Times Editorials stating such, and take a look here, at TDN Graphics, concerning shields: http://graphics.thedailyneopets.com/shields.html. The main thing you cannot do with shields is change the account age to make it look like you have an older or younger account. You can put, "forever", "way too long", or something like that. And far as completely covering it up, I could find anything. So, I'm not sure if you can. I'd think it'd be ok, but that is just my opinion, too.

For both, I'd say it would be a great Neopian Times Editorial question to ask. Questions like that seem to get answered. Again, hoping @Mouseykins or @hrtbrk or another knowledgeable individual will post.

Thank you Scoo for taking the time to answer ^_^
I also looked to many site and places and I don't really have a clear answer that is why I decided to ask here.

About the picture: the link is in the picture as you can see here: http://tibby-kitty.deviantart.com/art/Baby-Lupe-278532816
She has amazing neopets artwork :heart: And I don't know how to remove the link from the picture (because my skills with photoshop and company are close to 0), if I knew I could substitute the link with, as you said, something like "Made by tibby-kitty". 

About the shield: I've seen some people without anything in the place of shield. For example our beloved @deboratibi! And some others. I also seen some with no shield but another image instead with "no sentence". 

I don't know how to put questions up for editorial 
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

I'm also not 100% sure about the image issue, but here are my 2 cents: while it's usually not a good idea to mention other sites, I think in this case it shouldn't be much of a problem for two reasons a ) deviantart is a well known art community that is often mentioned by neopets users; b ) watermarks are to be expected on these types of images, and removing or editing them can be disrespectful to the artist. If you want to be completely sure, I'd suggest contacting the artist and asking them if it's okay to remove the ".deviantart.com" part (and I'd also link the image or include a text link somewhere to their Neopets account, since they mention this in their rules "2) If you use them, link back to Tibby-Kitty on DA or dinkatib5800 on Neopets").

As for the shield, you're both correct. You can replace it with any image or remove it completely, the only thing you cannot do is include a shield with a different account age as this would be lying. It would still not be a good idea to recreate a shield with your correct account age though, because you might forget to change it when the information becomes outdated and you could get in trouble. So if you're going to include text, things like "forever" is the way to go, since it's obviously not supposed to be accurate.

Oh, and to submit a question to the editorial, just go here^_^

Your shield can also look something like mine.

r77jns.jpg

With an actual shield, an image over it and text. Mine took a bit of tinkering and fitting the shield pieces together in photoshop. At the time I used my current shield and modified it.

13 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I'm also not 100% sure about the image issue, but here are my 2 cents: while it's usually not a good idea to mention other sites, I think in this case it shouldn't be much of a problem for two reasons a ) deviantart is a well known art community that is often mentioned by neopets users; b ) watermarks are to be expected on these types of images, and removing or editing them can be disrespectful to the artist. If you want to be completely sure, I'd suggest contacting the artist and asking them if it's okay to remove the ".deviantart.com" part (and I'd also link the image or include a text link somewhere to their Neopets account, since they mention this in their rules "2) If you use them, link back to Tibby-Kitty on DA or dinkatib5800 on Neopets").

As for the shield, you're both correct. You can replace it with any image or remove it completely, the only thing you cannot do is include a shield with a different account age as this would be lying. It would still not be a good idea to recreate a shield with your correct account age though, because you might forget to change it when the information becomes outdated and you could get in trouble. So if you're going to include text, things like "forever" is the way to go, since it's obviously not supposed to be accurate.

Oh, and to submit a question to the editorial, just go here^_^

I think that removing the link would be rude as well, that is why I'm with such dilemma. 
I also think that Tibby doesn't use the account on DeviantArt or neopets so sending her a message won't do much. I hope that if I'm "breaking" any rule that I'll receive just a warning OR try to change the message to "Made by Tibby-Kitty". 

Can I subsitute the shield for a image alike this? 
3.png.73e54a4b84bd680399550e1a8404ddc9.png With no shield at all?

13 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Your shield can also look something like mine.

r77jns.jpg

With an actual shield, an image over it and text. Mine took a bit of tinkering and fitting the shield pieces together in photoshop. At the time I used my current shield and modified it.

My skills with graphic programms are close to 0 T-T

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I think that removing the link would be rude as well, that is why I'm with such dilemma. 
I also think that Tibby doesn't use the account on DeviantArt or neopets so sending her a message won't do much. I hope that if I'm "breaking" any rule that I'll receive just a warning OR try to change the message to "Made by Tibby-Kitty". 

Can I subsitute the shield for a image alike this? 
3.png.73e54a4b84bd680399550e1a8404ddc9.png With no shield at all?

Ah, you're right. I hadn't realised that. I just looked at some of the comments on her dA page though, and she seems very relaxed about editing:

- can i use this to do an artwork just for fun, i'm upload here in DA and i will give u credits, please? thanks n3n
- Sure! Do whatever you want with it.

So I went ahead and removed it for you... Just make sure to link it to her Neopets account and/or include a text link below it.

baby_lupe_by_tibby_kitty-d4ltxaos.png

(click to enlarge)

And yes, you can use that image instead of a shield! You can use any image you like, as long as it doesn't lie about your account age (and is appropriate to be displayed on neopets, of course).

15 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Ah, you're right. I hadn't realised that. I just looked at some of the comments on her dA page though, and she seems very relaxed about editing:

- can i use this to do an artwork just for fun, i'm upload here in DA and i will give u credits, please? thanks n3n
- Sure! Do whatever you want with it.

So I went ahead and removed it for you... Just make sure to link it to her Neopets account and/or include a text link below it.

baby_lupe_by_tibby_kitty-d4ltxaos.png

(click to enlarge)

And yes, you can use that image instead of a shield! You can use any image you like, as long as it doesn't lie about your account age (and is appropriate to be displayed on neopets, of course).

I think I'll do that indeed. Thank you for removing it for me debora :) 

And a big thanks to you all that answered me :heart:

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My brother has been telling me that he's going to create a Neopets account if I "provoke" him. We live in the same house and use different computers. I'm really scared because he knows how therapeutic my pets have been. I'm worried that I'm going to get frozen. 

54 minutes ago, Naamah said:

My brother has been telling me that he's going to create a Neopets account if I "provoke" him. We live in the same house and use different computers. I'm really scared because he knows how therapeutic my pets have been. I'm worried that I'm going to get frozen. 

If he's using his own account, and not yours, I don't think that should be a problem. My mom and I both have an account, and I've played Neopets at my parents' place a lot. (I've even used her laptop to login to my account.) Neither of us have ever been frozen. As long as neither of you break any rules, I highly doubt TNT would so much as notice you both live in the same house.

(I know there have been quite a few (seemingly) random freezes, but I don't think your situation would increase the risk of that.)

On 4/20/2018 at 1:24 PM, Naamah said:

Well, I got some NP on my side account from a random event and I used it to book my Tonu into the NeoLodge. Is that okay?

Anything you get from random events on your side account(s) are perfectly fine to keep. :D 

You can, but it won't end. With Fruit machine you need to have the tab active for it to end. You're free to multitask though!

I can't imagine anyone waiting at the Wheel of monotony until it ends without doing anything else in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone check if my Main account got frozen??
For some strange reasons I can't log into my account while it was logged in earlier with the right password.. now I can't log into any of my accounts at all without getting a message that says that the password is incorrect, despite writing the right password. Checking it more than once.. + knowing the B-day's of the accounts..

but since I can't log in, I can't send a ticket, I can't see with a side account if my main is frozen etc..

I only re-call transferring one character to another account and that's it, not using any of the things you're not allowed to..
Does anyone know if this is a bug or if they freeze accounts this way?

9 minutes ago, Anubisia_ said:

Could someone check if my Main account got frozen??
For some strange reasons I can't log into my account while it was logged in earlier with the right password.. now I can't log into any of my accounts at all without getting a message that says that the password is incorrect, despite writing the right password. Checking it more than once.. + knowing the B-day's of the accounts..

but since I can't log in, I can't send a ticket, I can't see with a side account if my main is frozen etc..

I only re-call transferring one character to another account and that's it, not using any of the things you're not allowed to..
Does anyone know if this is a bug or if they freeze accounts this way?

If the account is Anubisua_ then I don't think it's frozen; I can view your profile just fine. Are you sure there are no mistakes in typing your password (leaving caps lock on, for instance)?

4 minutes ago, Nielo said:

If the account is Anubisua_ then I don't think it's frozen; I can view your profile just fine. Are you sure there are no mistakes in typing your password (leaving caps lock on, for instance)?

No, I know for certain I've done it right.
I literally write down the passwords I create for the accounts i'm using including writing the account name underneath it but.. I just can't log in.. (Irl, not pc)

to any of my accounts, no side accounts or the main, all of them state the same and my Caps lock is off. I never turn on capslock for anything. 

Just now, Anubisia_ said:

No, I know for certain I've done it right.
I literally write down the passwords I create for the accounts i'm using including writing the account name underneath it but.. I just can't log in.. (Irl, not pc)

to any of my accounts, no side accounts or the main, all of them state the same and my Caps lock is off. I never turn on capslock for anything. 

Hmm. I just saw your other post, and I can view the profile for xVixie as well, so neither account seems to be frozen, and they definitely exist, so I don't know what the error message you got was about. Could you maybe post a screenshot of the message saying the accounts don't exist?

Also - and I know you probably didn't forget this, because you mention knowing the birthdays linked to your accounts - but I know that I sometimes forget to enter my birthday (underneath the password) after logging into my account and getting the 'wrong password' message.

Just now, Nielo said:

Hmm. I just saw your other post, and I can view the profile for xVixie as well, so neither account seems to be frozen, and they definitely exist, so I don't know what the error message you got was about. Could you maybe post a screenshot of the message saying the accounts don't exist?

Also - and I know you probably didn't forget this, because you mention knowing the birthdays linked to your accounts - but I know that I sometimes forget to enter my birthday (underneath the password) after logging into my account and getting the 'wrong password' message.

I've literally written down my irl birthdays for the accounts so I can't forget / do them wrong. 

When i try the password reset it just states my accounts don't exist and I don't know why or how that is possible since I literally logged into them at around 12? Neither have I been handing out my passwords at all to anyone, they don't even hold the same password so.. it's really weird I can't log into my accounts at all and both give me the "Incorrect password".. for both I know the age, for both I know the passwords (yet they are different), I checked it more than once to see if I wrote down everything and placed in the right birthday but it just keeps on giving me the same- I know contacting neopets through their support mail probably won't do much since it's been well.. taking them forever to reply to users?

is it possible this is a site glitch or something with my browser?

1 hour ago, Anubisia_ said:

I've literally written down my irl birthdays for the accounts so I can't forget / do them wrong. 

When i try the password reset it just states my accounts don't exist and I don't know why or how that is possible since I literally logged into them at around 12? Neither have I been handing out my passwords at all to anyone, they don't even hold the same password so.. it's really weird I can't log into my accounts at all and both give me the "Incorrect password".. for both I know the age, for both I know the passwords (yet they are different), I checked it more than once to see if I wrote down everything and placed in the right birthday but it just keeps on giving me the same- I know contacting neopets through their support mail probably won't do much since it's been well.. taking them forever to reply to users?

is it possible this is a site glitch or something with my browser?

Could you post a screenshot of that message that says your accounts don't exist?

You could always try messaging them on Facebook, I've heard they tend to reply a little more quickly that way.

Have you tried other browsers?

I haven't found any recent mentions of this happening, but this old Yahoo questions thread shows that it's happened before, to quite a few people. It appeared to be mostly at TNT's end then, although the first (accepted) suggestion to check the e-mail address you signed up with for messages, seems like a good idea to me. There is a chance you've been hacked, although that wouldn't explain the message saying your account doesn't exist, so I'm thinking a glitch on TNT's part is more likely.

*Edit: A while ago some account passwords were reset by TNT for security reasons. I think the instructions for changing the password again were probably e-mailed to the e-mail account you used to sign up to Neopets. I'm not sure if this is what happened to you - I'd have thought you'd run into not being able to login to your accounts long ago - but I think it's worth checking up on.

• 3 weeks later...

I need help getting back my old account. I think it's about 10 years old or more. I may have tried to login in several times because I forgot my password. I tried using the forget password but it's not sending anything back to my email. 

If you're account is frozen, is it possible that you won't be able to use the forgot password/username?