Neopets Account Help

Emily

• 1 month later...

Okay so I went to withdraw some NP from the bank, but I clicked withdraw twice (my computer was very slow and I was in a rush) and got 40k instead of 20k. Will I get in trouble?

Okay so I went to withdraw some NP from the bank, but I clicked withdraw twice (my computer was very slow and I was in a rush) and got 40k instead of 20k. Will I get in trouble?

No, not at all! You are permitted to withdraw from the bank multiple times in a day, and even in rapid succession. They are your NP, after all. I think there is some kind of limit per day, since the bank says, "If you withdraw Neopoints too many times a day, the bank staff may get angry and refuse to serve you! Withdraw wisely." But when you hit that limit, you won't get in trouble. You'll just have to wait awhile before withdrawing again.

No, not at all! You are permitted to withdraw from the bank multiple times in a day, and even in rapid succession. They are your NP, after all. I think there is some kind of limit per day, since the bank says, "If you withdraw Neopoints too many times a day, the bank staff may get angry and refuse to serve you! Withdraw wisely." But when you hit that limit, you won't get in trouble. You'll just have to wait awhile before withdrawing again.

The limit is 15 withdrawals a day. And if you hit the limit, you can't withdraw for the rest of the day.

I keep forgetting to set my games to low quality. I usually switch my games to low quality, but now I've been playing on high quality. Is this bad? The games actually work better for me in high quality in my opinion because I just got a new PC.

Just wondering, is it okay to create an account for someone else? I did that probably seven years ago; I created an account for my friend for her birthday using my email and a basic password, but I didn't do anything on the account, and the first thing she did when she logged in was change the email and password, so I only had access to it for about ten minutes. We won't get in trouble for that now, will we?

Just wondering, is it okay to create an account for someone else? I did that probably seven years ago; I created an account for my friend for her birthday using my email and a basic password, but I didn't do anything on the account, and the first thing she did when she logged in was change the email and password, so I only had access to it for about ten minutes. We won't get in trouble for that now, will we?

I'm guessing this isn't okay. I don't have any editorials to back it up, so I may be wrong, but my question (and I think TNT's too) would be: why? Why do you need to create the account for your friend? Just let that person create the account, and then you won't have to worry about it. It seems like an unnecessary risk for you to have access to the new account, even for a little bit.

You probably won't get frozen or in trouble for it if you've already done it, especially if it was years ago, but if you're thinking about doing it again, I would advise against it.

Hi, I also asked this in the editorial but I guess it hasn't gotten in (yet) :)

In general, from sides it's not allowed to make trades on the Trading Post, right? Main reasons being earning NP and avoiding the max limit of TP posts per person, I believe. Would it be okay if I sent the item from my main to my side to sell via TP there if I do not make any trades on my main? Reason being that my main account is perm silenced and I really wish to add a wishlist.

I know it's probably not allowed, but I still can't help but wonder. I would not be avoiding the TP limit, I would not be using my side specifically to gain NP (the item comes from my main, money goes back to main), so I was kindof hoping it'd be a gray area that would allow me to do so :P

Hi, I also asked this in the editorial but I guess it hasn't gotten in (yet) :)

In general, from sides it's not allowed to make trades on the Trading Post, right? Main reasons being earning NP and avoiding the max limit of TP posts per person, I believe. Would it be okay if I sent the item from my main to my side to sell via TP there if I do not make any trades on my main? Reason being that my main account is perm silenced and I really wish to add a wishlist.

I know it's probably not allowed, but I still can't help but wonder. I would not be avoiding the TP limit, I would not be using my side specifically to gain NP (the item comes from my main, money goes back to main), so I was kindof hoping it'd be a gray area that would allow me to do so :P

I suppose it's quite an grey area. Doing this, TNT might suspect you're making money on your side and freeze you before you transfer the NP. But if you really want, you can transfer your main to your side that is not permasilenced. Transfer all items via trades and do not play any dailies/games/anything that gives NP on your new main for 24 hours then you are free to use your new main.

I'm starting to spend more time on my side accounts. Is it okay to spend 30 minutes or more on a side account provided that you aren't doing anything that breaks the rules?

I'm starting to spend more time on my side accounts. Is it okay to spend 30 minutes or more on a side account provided that you aren't doing anything that breaks the rules?

Yes! Nothing wrong with that! As long as you don't break any rules, you can spend any number of hours/minutes in any of your accounts.

I have some toys that I got through dailies that I am sending to my pets on one of my side accounts to play with. Can I send items from dailies over to side accounts provided that I'm not selling them?

That's perfectly fine. If the items came from your main account, regardless of whether you bought them or got them through dailies, it's more than fine to send them to your side account.

Like you said, you're not selling them, so you won't be making any NP off of them, which is where TNT draws the line, no making NP on your side accounts.

• 3 weeks later...

Side accounts can be premium? Or can collect the free 150 NC?

As far as I know, I don't think so because it gives out prizes...like scratchcards. The 150 NC is fine, NC items have no NP value anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an account that is about 10 years old and I haven't logged in for many years. I can't remember my password. The account still exists, but it associated with an email address I no longer have access to so I can't reset my password. Is there a way to get the password reset so I can update my account information and start playing again?

I believe the only way would be by sending in a ticket with all the info you can give. (What e-mail address it was, what do you have in SDB, just anything you can think of)

If you happen to have screenshots to prove it's your account add those too and then wait a long time and hope you get it back.

The only other way I can think of is trying to remember your pw.

• 2 weeks later...

On using side accounts to feed Kads:

Hi, TNT! I've recently noticed a few users at the Kadoatery who log onto their main account on one internet browser and their side account on another internet browser and then feed Kadoaties on both accounts through this method. It's my understanding that users are allowed to feed Kads on their side accounts if they log out of one account and into another, but are users allowed to feed Kads on their side accounts by being logged onto multiple accounts on different browsers at the same time? Please remove my username. ~username removed

Hmmm. While feeding Kads on your side account is fine, as well as being signed into a side account in another browser, we think this is pushing over past the grey zone into the no-no zone. What'snot allowed is using both accounts simultaneously to gain an unfair advantage, and we think this counts as one such case. Please only feed Kadoaties with one account at a time.

Taken from the Editorial of Issue 576

Basically, since there is no NP/item gain from the kadoatery, it's technically OK to do so; just not using multiple accounts to feed them all at once, since that's not nice :P

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to get TNT to change the birthday associated with my account? I know the birthday I plugged in--not my real one--and have access to the account, I just want it to be my correct birthday so I don't have to worry about forgetting it again. I was over 13 when I made the account anyways so I don't know why I didn't just use my real birthday... ugh. Anyways--is this something I can submit a ticket for, or am I stuck with the wrong birthday for my account?

Is it possible to get TNT to change the birthday associated with my account? I know the birthday I plugged in--not my real one--and have access to the account, I just want it to be my correct birthday so I don't have to worry about forgetting it again. I was over 13 when I made the account anyways so I don't know why I didn't just use my real birthday... ugh. Anyways--is this something I can submit a ticket for, or am I stuck with the wrong birthday for my account?

Unfortunately you're stuck with that birthday, I believe TNT won't do it just because loads of people will want to get this done, and it's just a lot of work. The best way is just to write your account's birthday down somewhere that you won't lose it, so you'll have a reminder if you forget :)

Unfortunately you're stuck with that birthday, I believe TNT won't do it just because loads of people will want to get this done, and it's just a lot of work. The best way is just to write your account's birthday down somewhere that you won't lose it, so you'll have a reminder if you forget :)

Yep, that's what I figured! Thanks for confirming. I love that when they added the birthday security question they straight up said "We know a lot of you lied about your birthday. Here's what to do if you did!" Sorry for lying, TNT, I swear... XD

I have recently tried to log into my main account but every time I try to enter my password it says "Bad Password". I don't think that I've forgotten my password and sadly I cannot receive neomails since I cancelled the option of receiving them. I am currently logged into my side account and still trying to figure out how to access my main account. :/

• 2 weeks later...