Neopets Account Help

Emily

I have recently tried to log into my main account but every time I try to enter my password it says "Bad Password". I don't think that I've forgotten my password and sadly I cannot receive neomails since I cancelled the option of receiving them. I am currently logged into my side account and still trying to figure out how to access my main account. :/

You can't receive neomails if you're not logged in, anyway. Make sure you don't have the caps lock key on (or do, if that's how you usually type your password), then type it very slowly. Did you maybe change your password recently? When was the last time you used it? If you still can't log in, click the "lost password" button and TNT will send an e-mail to the e-mail address you signed up with.* If the e-mail doesn't arrive within ~15 minutes, submit a ticket from your side that you think your main account has been stolen, asking them to freeze it for your protection. Then you'll have to go through an extensive process to get the main returned to you.

*If a thief managed to change the e-mail address and actually stole several accounts at once, they'll immediately start trying to empty yours if you send the lost password request and it comes to their e-mail. So if you have strong reason to suspect your account has been compromised (e.g., were you forced to log in randomly when you were already logged in?), you might want to skip directly to sending a ticket.

You can't receive neomails if you're not logged in, anyway. Make sure you don't have the caps lock key on (or do, if that's how you usually type your password), then type it very slowly. Did you maybe change your password recently? When was the last time you used it? If you still can't log in, click the "lost password" button and TNT will send an e-mail to the e-mail address you signed up with.* If the e-mail doesn't arrive within ~15 minutes, submit a ticket from your side that you think your main account has been stolen, asking them to freeze it for your protection. Then you'll have to go through an extensive process to get the main returned to you.

*If a thief managed to change the e-mail address and actually stole several accounts at once, they'll immediately start trying to empty yours if you send the lost password request and it comes to their e-mail. So if you have strong reason to suspect your account has been compromised (e.g., were you forced to log in randomly when you were already logged in?), you might want to skip directly to sending a ticket.

Also, if the Neopets' lost password option does not work, try Petpet Park's lost password option. Same details also.

Is it a good idea to keep NP on you in case random events like that happen?

It doesn't really matter. The same amount will be taken and the negative amount doesn't do anything. It just looks a bit weird.

Is it a good idea to keep NP on you in case random events like that happen?

Not really. It will just look weird, as Duma said. Not that it happens that often anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I was feeding one of my pets at the Soup Kitchen the other day and I only clicked on her once (as far as I know) and it said that she was satiated. Is this a glitch or am I technically cheating?

Also, is it okay for me to keep one pet on my main account and the rest of them on my side accounts?

• 4 weeks later...

That's alright.. I'm just going to give up on Neopets. This is the 2nd time that I've had problems with my account and I'm not worried anymore. Thanks though.

I was feeding one of my pets at the Soup Kitchen the other day and I only clicked on her once (as far as I know) and it said that she was satiated. Is this a glitch or am I technically cheating?

Also, is it okay for me to keep one pet on my main account and the rest of them on my side accounts?

Wow, Can't believe we didn't answer this question yet. The first one could have been that a double click was registered, it's not cheating you don't gain anything with it anyway.

For the second question: It's perfectly fine to keep one pet on your main and the rest on side accounts. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought about this long and hard. I don't use cheats, I don't go on the Neoboards and post innapropriate messages nor do I send Neomail. Is there even a possibly that I will get frozen?

Also, even though my side account pets are in the NeoLodge I still log on to play with them and groom them? Is that okay?

That's all fine. If you just follow the rules, and it seems you do, you really won't get frozen. The only thing with a side account that you have to make sure of is that you don't do anything that rewards you free stuff or NP (exception: Healing springs, but I would only use it if you really need it)

As long as all items and NP come from your main account, and you don't do inappropriate things and just follow the rules you will be fine.

Make sure your accounts stay safe though, a compromised account gets frozen too, but if you can convince them it's your account you might get it back.

• 2 weeks later...

To re-iterate, anything that doesn't earn you neopoints or items is fine to do on a side. Neither grooming nor playing with your pets gives you items or neopoints, therefore, you're fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem with Neopets and hope you can help me out. The regristation e-mail can't be send to my e-mail address. I always get a message from Neopets were they tell me that the e-mail got send back or couldn't be delivered (one reason was "This email address has bounced in the past"). Now I wonder what kind of e-mail account I could get to receive the registration e-mail.

Thank you very much in advance! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

​I Have And Old Account Since I Was Like 9 now I'm 14 going on 15 i wanted to start playing neopets again but i don't remember my password, i remember my birth date i put and my user, and one of my pets name, 2 of my neofriends…. but i don't remember password or email and i wanted to get my account recovered, the reason i stop playing is because i didn't have computer access because the one i had at the time i broke the screen and i couldn't get another, but nothing is helping me cause i really don't know the email or password and the email is long lost gone and not remembered

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm getting really busy I'm thinking about moving all of my items on my side accounts to my main account and transferring my Zombie Lupe and Cloud Gnorbu over to a side account. Then I'm going to morph my Lutari into a different pet and putting her in the pound. Then I will transfer my Xweetok to my main account and only keep her on my main and keep the rest of my pets on my side accounts.

Basically I want to clean out my side accounts and keep only two pets on my main, but have everything on my sides on my main. Will that look suspicious and will I get frozen for that?

I have yet another question I transferred some Neopoints over to one of my side accounts in order to have enough NP to transfer one of my pets over to my main account is that okay?

Yes, that too is perfectly fine, in fact, that's how you should do it since you are not allowed to earn any money on your side. I transfer money to my side from time to time to put my pets in the hotel.

Old topic - new question. I made a mistake tonight. I created my first side account and I gave away all but a few of the 2500 nps they give you. THAT I knew to do BUT I didn't know that you couldn't buy anything from the shops.so I bought a little bit of food for my new pet to have on hand for later. After reading the rules, I realized that was a no-no and so I donated the food. I know now to just transfer the food over or maybe go to the soup kitchen. My question is should I tell TNT about this? If so, where? I don't want my account(s) frozen for cookies and coffee. :)

Oh! And I see someone mentioned transferring NPs. Is that done just through the trading post? Thanks!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Old topic - new question. I made a mistake tonight. I created my first side account and I gave away all but a few of the 2500 nps they give you. THAT I knew to do BUT I didn't know that you couldn't buy anything from the shops.so I bought a little bit of food for my new pet to have on hand for later. After reading the rules, I realized that was a no-no and so I donated the food. I know now to just transfer the food over or maybe go to the soup kitchen. My question is should I tell TNT about this? If so, where? I don't want my account(s) frozen for cookies and coffee. :)

Oh! And I see someone mentioned transferring NPs. Is that done just through the trading post? Thanks!

You are allowed to keep the Neopoints that they give you. Those Neopoints are to be used to buy food items or anything else that your pet might need.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=285

2nd question under the Happy Negg

You don't have to tell TNT about it because you did nothing wrong.

There is nothing wrong with buying items on your side account as long as the Neopoints come from your main account.

Yes, it is done through the trading post. The account you want to transfer the Neopoints to sets up a lot. Then the other account offers the amount that is going to be transferred.

As a not of warning: don't put anything the lines of 'do not offer' on it. People will think you are just using the Trading Post to hold items, which you are not supposed to do. Just put 'transferring to main/side account'.

• 1 month later...

So three months ago, I decided to come back to Neopets after like 5 years away. I couldn't remember my old password, but I knew my old ID. I created a new account, and I've been playing daily, but I logged a ticket with Neopets about the old account. Miracles occurred, and today, I got back my really old, well stocked original account! That's the one I want to use. Should I just transfer what I want via TP? Keep the new account as a side?

So three months ago, I decided to come back to Neopets after like 5 years away. I couldn't remember my old password, but I knew my old ID. I created a new account, and I've been playing daily, but I logged a ticket with Neopets about the old account. Miracles occurred, and today, I got back my really old, well stocked original account! That's the one I want to use. Should I just transfer what I want via TP? Keep the new account as a side?

If there's a record of you recovering your old account, there shouldn't be any harm in moving your stuff to the main account you want to use. My advice is to do it slowly, so you don't look like a hacked account (although it's unlikely to be suspicious because they can match your IP address, it's better safe than sorry). Doing this for a couple of days to transition your old account as your new main will be less likely to raise suspicions. But do be sure not to play any more games/earn NP/items on your old main while you're moving your things over :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I need to contact TNT but there is nowhere to do so. When I click on the "Help" button either at the bottom of the page or from my lookup (question mark by my username) it takes me to a page that says it is expired. How does anyone put in a ticket anymore? Maybe they don't want us to contact them anymore. lol..

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a premium account since March and I've never received a space faerie scratch card... Why does this happen?

Hello? Any answers?