Books you bought/received/want to read

Tsalagi_Phoenix

I know there is a "what are you currently reading?" topic, but I thought I'd make a topic for books that you've recently bought, received from someone else, or any that you want to read.

My most recent book that I bought is Dark Hollow by Brian Keene. The book is being turned into a movie and will be released sometime next year. I wanted to buy it and read it before the movie is released.

The most recent books I've received are Christmas gifts from friends. The books I got are: Whispers from the Dead and The Seance by Joan Lowery Nixon,The Song of the Banded Tree Snail and Other Tales of Space Travel by J.E. Glaze and Indian Crafts and Lore by W. Ben Hunt.

I'm gonna be going to school soon so haven't received any books to keep lately but my grandmother loaned me The Help. It was really good. Otherwise, I normally just go to the library.

I usually just borrow books from the library too, as I don't always have the money to buy all the books I want. When the libraries around me have their annual book sales, I go to those and buy tons of books. It's great.

I'm currently reading the Valley of Horses by Jean M. Auel, part of a series of books. I've been meaning to read the Perks of being a Wallflower for years but have never gotten around to it.

I have a bajillion books that I want to read- I just need to make time to actually read them. XD

I just recieved "The 100-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" as a gift from a friend- it sounds really good! :)

I also want to get into "The Telling" by Ursula K. Le Guin, as apparently it is a unicorn of a book- it has a queer WOC as the protagonist. :D

Does anyone on here use Goodreads?

I have a bajillion books that I want to read- I just need to make time to actually read them. XD

I just recieved "The 100-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" as a gift from a friend- it sounds really good! :)

I also want to get into "The Telling" by Ursula K. Le Guin, as apparently it is a unicorn of a book- it has a queer WOC as the protagonist. :D

I haven't read any books by Ursula K. Le Guin, but I've heard her books are good. If you like fantasy, I recommend Diana Wynne Jones. She was a wonderful fantasy author.

Well, I've been to the library and got Catching Fire, because I started to read it and didn't finish it. I imagine it won't take me long at all. I also got the second book in the Millenium series, Girl Who Played With Fire (I guess I was going for a theme there??). I also requested the first Game of Thrones, so that should be in soon. Beyond that, I saw some Ann Rule books I hadn't read yet I think I'll nab next time around.

Well, I've been to the library and got Catching Fire, because I started to read it and didn't finish it. I imagine it won't take me long at all. I also got the second book in the Millenium series, Girl Who Played With Fire (I guess I was going for a theme there??).

Maybe you'll read The Little Match Girl next? :P

I always make it a habit to go out and buy a book that is going to be turned into a movie before I watch it. I almost always end up disappointed in the movie because so many crucial details seem to be missing. So it makes me happy that I've read the book. :)

I'm hoping I'll get some books or a barnes and noble giftcard for Christmas (it's the only thing I ask for every year!) I just now finished reading Lover Reborn (which is the 9th book in the J.R.Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood series).

It's an AMAZING series if you ever get the chance to check it out. Don't let the fact that it's about vampires fool you into thinking it's just like all the other vampire books. It has tons of unique characters, great story-line, and amazing dialogue.

The last book I bought was Stephen King's Bag of Bones. I'm almost finished with it. It's rather long and the beginning is a bit drawn-out... but the middle and ending make up for it. I'm also hoping to buy "Wicked" soon. I can't believe I haven't read it yet but everyone's told me it's a great read. :)

I try to buy as many books as I can afford. I frequent the library a lot but if it's a book I really want, I can't resist going out and buying it so I can add it to my collection. It's my all time dream to have my own little library room. A big cozy chair, mini-fridge, and fireplace would make it PERFECT. Lol. I can dream, right?

Well, I've been to the library and got Catching Fire, because I started to read it and didn't finish it. I imagine it won't take me long at all. I also got the second book in the Millenium series, Girl Who Played With Fire (I guess I was going for a theme there??). I also requested the first Game of Thrones, so that should be in soon. Beyond that, I saw some Ann Rule books I hadn't read yet I think I'll nab next time around.

Sounds like we have similiar taste in books. :P I read and loved every single one you mentioned! (Well, aside from Game of Thrones... I'm still working on that one.)

I'm getting the Vamipre Academy Graphic Novel and the Sailor Moon Mangas 1-8 for Christmas this year. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead is one of my all time favorite books and Sailor Moon was on of my favorite animes growing up (I even have a Sailor Saturn shirt), so I'm excited to read them.

@Xandria I read all of the Dark is Rising sequence and from what I remember the movie that was based on them was awful! I feel your pain.

I'm getting the Vamipre Academy Graphic Novel and the Sailor Moon Mangas 1-8 for Christmas this year. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead is one of my all time favorite books and Sailor Moon was on of my favorite animes growing up (I even have a Sailor Saturn shirt), so I'm excited to read them.

@Xandria I read all of the Dark is Rising sequence and from what I remember the movie that was based on them was awful! I feel your pain.

Sailor Moon is one of my favorite anime too. I have the first three volumes of the manga, but haven't read it yet. I want to get Sailor V and read that first.

I've just ordered Dennis Lehane's Live by night :) Can't wait till I get it; it's set in the 1920's which is one of my favorite eras. Not to mention that it seems pretty interesting ^-^

I'm reading a few books I borrowed from the library, but when I finish them, I want to read The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

i really want to read the game of thrones books (song of fire and ice or something) but i know they're huge and lengthy and can drag so i'm not too sure i will. i want to read the third books to delirium and divergent but they don't come out until march and september of next year, respectively.

i really want to read the game of thrones books (song of fire and ice or something) but i know they're huge and lengthy and can drag so i'm not too sure i will. i want to read the third books to delirium and divergent but they don't come out until march and september of next year, respectively.

Yeah, you're right. I'm currently half way through the first book. It does drag on a bit and it is really long, but IMHO it's worth the read.

• 2 weeks later...

For Christmas I got:

Mr. Monk Goes to the Firehouse by Lee Goldberg

365 Days of Walking The Red Road by Terri Jean

ParaNorman by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel

Faith Moments: Saint Kateri Tekakwitha by Anne E. Neuberger

Codename Sailor V, Volumes 1 and 2

Sailor Moon volumes 4, 5 and 6

Reflections on the Magic of Writing by Diana Wynne Jones

My Mum bought me Zoo by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge which is amazing! And I just finished reading 12-21 by Dustin Thomason, which was just as good and my Mum bought me another copy for christmas haha so hopefully she'll return it and I'll get a different one.

I recieved a copy of Jo Rowling's new book for Christmas- I can't wait to get into it! :D My girlfriend also downloaded me a copy of Les Miserables onto her ereader- there was no way I'd be luging that brick around! It may be a while before I start that, lol. Watching the film a couple times has left me emotionally exhausted enough, lol.

I recently received Destiny, Rewritten by Kathryn Fitzmaurice. It won't be released until February 19th, but I won it from a goodreads giveaway. I'm excited to read it.