Forgotten Shore: Random or not

KaylaTheHedgehog

I was thinking about the Forgotten Shore daily, and I'm curious to know if anyone else has gotten the same prize depending on the time of day they visited.

Today, I visited the Forgotten Shore at 7:06 NST and got 2K NP. A couple other days before that, I visited the shore at the same time and received the same 2K NP prize.

Has this happened to anyone else?

My theory has always been not so much time of day. But date of the month that you finished the map (23rd, 1st, 15th).

Me and Eric finished it on the same day and we almost always get the same prize (there are a few deviations, but only 1-4 every month)

Ahaha I hope it's random. But if not, I think we should track down anyone who's gotten a Pirate Draik Egg or a Pirate Paint Brush and get some valuable information from them ;D. Who's keen?

Hmm, it's an interesting theory! I always do my dailies around the same time, but I haven't actually tracked it to the minute or anything.

You know, I used to think that it depends on the time of day (or night), but I'm beginning to think it's random. There have been instances where I've obtained something at a certain time, then the next day, I don't receive anything.

According to the Forgotten Shore Map Guide by xx__sayitaintso__x, it is random.

However...

(From the FAQ of aforementioned guide)

Does the time I visit the shore matter?

Good question - I'm not sure! Since I don't keep track of the times that certain prizes are won, I can't help with this question. As far as I know, the shore is random. However, there are some theories: 10 past midnight wins NP, 5 seconds past the minute wins better prizes, early morning wins better prizes ...

Pretty sure it's not based on time of visit. Imagine someone getting the Draik Egg at a certain time, and just kept going back at that time? You'd get so many! Don't think TNT would do that.

However, the date you completed the map might be a plausible theory.