Single / In A Relationship ?

Angeló

In a relationship for 3 and a half years come January. Started dating in the summer before our last year of high school (sixth form to those who understand).. we go to different universities about 9 hours away so we don't see each other often or for long periods of time, but thank goodness for computers and internet and webcams and skype - we talk every single day almost without fail.

he's understand of my needs and me of his.

he's a total babe too haha

In a relationship. I have been with him for about 4/5 years. It started out as a long distance relationship for 2.5 years. We met on a game. I was from the U.S. and he was from England. We have lived together for about 2 years now. He is my best friend. He is still annoys me to the point where I want to hurt him but he is always there for me.

Single. Always been single. Never dated. But I think single life is pretty awesome :)

I was 21 before I started dating. I was in no rush for it and I wasn't looking for anyone when I find someone. Sometimes it just takes the right someone before you want to date. For me, I didn't need to date the wrong guys to know what I wanted in a partner. So stay single as long as you want. When you are ready, you will find someone. Love has no age limit.

Raichi, At the time we didn't know if it was a temporary breakup or permanent. I've never been one of those people to take a break and see other people. We had decided to break up without any plans to get back together. We just ended up missing each other so much that we knew we needed to be together. I hope everything works out well for you, whichever way you decide to go.

*shrugs* Eh, what the heck. Single. Every time I think I've got a shot at finding a lasting relationship, I get deep-sixed to the dreaded Friend-zone. It's not BAD per-say. I mean, I was voted friendliest guy in my graduating High School class. So cool, but seems like I've been type-cast as the "friend". Right now, it'd be nice to have someone in the area to talk with once in awhile. Heh, in the winter I really don't get out much. I guess companionship would be a good word for what I'd like. I've also been told I'm too nice. Gee, I thought ladies liked nice guys? Because they respect them and don't treat them badly. It's just my nature to be generally nice. :P Doesn't mean I can't get ticked off. lol

Oh well, still looking for someone like that. Preferably a non-smoker. Cigs LITTERALLY killed my Dad a little over 2 years ago. His lungs gave out while in hospice and ON a ventilator, so it was doing 100% of his breathing for him, and the lungs just STOPPED functioning. All started with a violent coughing reaction he had in mid-June 2011 after sneaking a cig. (He'd been working on quitting). In less than a week, I found him in a state of shock, another 15 minutes without the EMTs arriving and he would've been gone is what the ICU doc told me, after he'd been air lifted to a bigger hospital. The next 5 months were pure hell for him, emergency Tracheotomy, and lots of complications.

I'm not going into full details here, because it's not needed, I am providing enough to show that it wasn't just he was a smoker and died so cigs are evil. I'm giving some of the milestones between what started it and his eventual death. Of course smoking for 51 years didn't help matters. He died at 64 and 1/2. If he had lived to February 2012, he would've been considered CURED of Lung cancer. Had a lobectomy, lost a lobe of lung, in surgery back in 2007. Caught it before it was bigger than a standard pencil eraser.

Loyalty, is very important to me, even though Dad and I couldn't go a week without an argument, lol I was the one who stayed home most of the time to help him out and make sure he took his meds and stuff.

it's weird, not having him around, and it's odd not having someone to talk to just about whenever I feel like conversing. Even 25 months later. :(

Anyway, my reasons for non-smokers is, smoking smells up the place and the person. REALLY coats things, you should see behind where the pictures were hanging at home, STARK WHITE compared to tar-yellow, and now there are studies out that 3rd hand smoke gets more toxic the longer it sits on things like walls, fabrics, etc. HOO-boy and our first PC monitor screen. Dad had to use this mouthwash on it, called Targon, a mouthwash for smokers, and even then it didn't strip ALL the smoking-grime off the screen.

The most important reason though, is that I never want to see ANYONE, someone I love or the family of someone who is loved, go through what I've been through, twice. My mom's mom, died back around 1991 very similarly, only with her, she chose to not be intubated again. (After about a dozen scares and trips to the hospital) Though to her credit, when SHE had oxygen, and kids would look at her, she would say "Yep I was a smoker". She owned it, accepted responsibility for her youthful actions. And she was very strong imho for doing so.

Anyway, sorry. THAT is one of my bad habits, I get going on something and my brain just spews out a lot of information all at once. lol ^_^; Anyway, just wanted to explain my reasons. Communication IS the key to understanding. ;)

*shrugs* Eh, what the heck. Single. Every time I think I've got a shot at finding a lasting relationship, I get deep-sixed to the dreaded Friend-zone. It's not BAD per-say. I mean, I was voted friendliest guy in my graduating High School class. So cool, but seems like I've been type-cast as the "friend". Right now, it'd be nice to have someone in the area to talk with once in awhile. Heh, in the winter I really don't get out much. I guess companionship would be a good word for what I'd like. I've also been told I'm too nice. Gee, I thought ladies liked nice guys? Because they respect them and don't treat them badly. It's just my nature to be generally nice. :P Doesn't mean I can't get ticked off. lol

Don't dismay Mr. Friend Zone! Friends make the best spouses! Before I starting dating the guy that is now my husband, I considered him to be a friend, but nothing more. Often the relationships that begin as friendships are the best ones, because they are based on actually liking the other person as a person, and not just as a romantic interest. All of that fluttery in love feeling wears off after a while, but friendship will last a lifetime. If there are girls who consider you to be a good friend, don't be dismayed, because it's a good sign! You'll find her eventually. :)

I've been married for about half a year to the first guy I ever dated and we've been in a relationship for a little over a total of two years. He's my best friend. :)

Single, I just don't seem to like any guys I meet in real life. The few guys I did have an interest in were always just guys I met online through games. I suppose a relationship would be nice, but I feel like I'm just getting pickier as I get older as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just recently became single. It was one of those "we can't make up our minds because we both love each other" type of things but now its pretty much over. Enjoying the single life so far but I know pretty soon I will get sick of it again lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm single, but I'm only seventeen so it's not a big deal. I mean, I'm jealous of others that get do to cute high-school-relationship things like go to dances together...but there's just no one near me that I'm interested in, or vice versa.

Plus I've had trouble trusting people since I was cheated on when I was fifteen, haha.

I know college will be a lot kinder to my love-life so I'm not worried :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I just broke up my boyfriend today... I think I jumped into a relationship too fast and realized roughtly a week or two ago that I liked him more as a friend. At some point I would rather be on Neopets than to be with him ;/ I thought I would feel relief, but instead I feel remorse a lot more because he seemed to really like me... And I'm just sad right now, even though I should not be the one "complaining", I just wanted to tell someone about it...

Hey, I just broke up my boyfriend today... I think I jumped into a relationship too fast and realized roughtly a week or two ago that I liked him more as a friend. At some point I would rather be on Neopets than to be with him ;/ I thought I would feel relief, but instead I feel remorse a lot more because he seemed to really like me... And I'm just sad right now, even though I should not be the one "complaining", I just wanted to tell someone about it...

Hey chin up! I know the feeling. I was with my high school boyfriend for three years and once I started college I realized I only could see us as friends in the long run. It happens, don't worry. Just take some time and eventually you will find someone new who makes you feel great!

As for me, I am in a relationship. We have been together for a year now and he has moved in with me. I am very happy! :D

Wow that was a really long relationship ;3 Thanks for understanding :) I just don't know how will I feel if I ever see him in the corridors or even if I see his friends ;/ I feel like avoiding everyone for a while now... Should I ?

Congtaz though on your relationship :3 Your happiness is kind of contagious ;3

Often the relationships that begin as friendships are the best ones, because they are based on actually liking the other person as a person, and not just as a romantic interest. All of that fluttery in love feeling wears off after a while, but friendship will last a lifetime.

Cheers for that! I'm in a relationship with my best friend from University and he's great! We've been together for about a year now. I've never been happier :)

I've been single for maybe six months now?

I'm kinda loving it, but even if i wanted a relationship there's not much to chose from in my high school :thumbsdown: The majority of the guys have a history of just passing girls around, and for some reason I can't get myself to go for the nicer ones, oh well, I'm a senior so hopefully things will change in college. ^_^

Wow that was a really long relationship ;3 Thanks for understanding :) I just don't know how will I feel if I ever see him in the corridors or even if I see his friends ;/ I feel like avoiding everyone for a while now... Should I ?

Congtaz though on your relationship :3 Your happiness is kind of contagious ;3

Well, when we broke up, we tried to stay friends. At first it was fine. We were friends for about a year before we dated anyway so it felt normal. But once I moved on, that's when things got complicated. He was not over me yet and it got to the point that I couldn't pursue any new relationship without backlash from him. That is why we currently are no longer in contact.

In my opinion, stick to your close friends for a while. They should always be there for you, especially when you're having boy trouble! Don't avoid everyone. I know the feeling you are going through and if you just go out and have fun, you will feel so much better than being sad. Trust me, been there, done that.

And thank you!! He may be a pain sometimes but how can't I adore a guy who just got me fries from Wendy's <3 lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm single. Have been for quite a while (probably pushing 2 years or so). I'm not that bothered, though. What irritates me is that I always end up with a guy who has severe issues at handling a relationship. The last two guys I dated where ridiculously suffocating (they had to know where I was ALL the time), so I just decided to leave and go solo.

I might be a bit picky too, haha. If I'm in a relationship, I need to be with someone who's quite proactive, interested in creativity, video games, and don't mind alternative subcultures and fashions.

It was really awkward with my last boyfriend because although we had a common interest in gaming, I spent a gorgeous summer with him on the west coast and I -love- hill walking, swimming, cycling and rock climbing. But because he had no interest in that we ended up not taking advantage of the good weather. :c Bah! Can't be doing with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm married and just celebrated my 2nd wedding anniversary on the 21st. We dated for two months before we got hitched; when you know, you know! We have a son and a baby on the way and I've never been so happy. :D