Train or better weapons?

recently started playing again and ive been wondering if i should use my np to train my pet for buy better weapons. i only battle in 1p

pets stats

Level:119

Hit Points: 511 / 511

Strength: ULTIMATE (247)

Defence: AWESOME (71)

Movement: ULTIMATE (163)

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (197)

weapons

Downsize!

Purple Sticky Hand

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Hanso Charisma Charm

Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer

Velms Healing Potion

I'd recommend that you save up for weapons too :)

Cause weapons are better investments, especially HT weapons (Anagram Swords, KBT, SHM) and the HT Shields (FTab, HNMS, SoF).

I suggest you upgrade your constant first, then your shield, then your freezers/healers :D

How much money are you willing to spend?

LOL XD I know. Just lost my account. It's alright.

Anyways, I suggest you go for SHM: It's around 6.5 mil, and can hit as low as 13 icons, but as high as 29 icons :D

That way, you save up 1.5 mil you can use for other stuff :D

No prob XD I wanted to buy an SHM too XDD But yeah.

Anyways, these are your stats and weapons right?

Level:119

Hit Points:511 / 511

Strength: ULTIMATE (247)

Defence: AWESOME (71)

Movement: ULTIMATE (163)

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (197)

weapons

Downsize!

Purple Sticky Hand

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Hanso Charisma Charm

Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer

Velms Healing Potion

You can upgrade your shields to Leaf Shield, Patched Magic Hat, Sophies Magic Hat, Royal Blue Cape or Parchment Cloak :D

It's alright =)))

If you've bought the Skarls Hasty Mace (from trades cause its much cheaper), try saving up for a better freezer/shield (HNMS is the best one, I believe)

So your set would look something like this:

Skarls Hasty Mace

Hanso Charisma Charm

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray (Hopefully you get to upgrade into a 100% Freezer - MMoM is a good one)

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise (Go for one/two of the big 5 - FTab, HNMS, GShield, PCH, SoF)

Downsize (a must until you get a TTear)

Velms Healing Potion (Okay, until you get a Jade Scorchstone or a LEV)

Purple Sticky Hand (you can go for something like a HRoT or another item like a Shield or a constant, or a Thick Smoke Bomb)

:D

Your pet has a "defence" boost of 2.0, which means that if you buy, for instance, a Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield, you will block all Light icons (full blocker) but you will block at max 2.0 * 5 = 10.0 Water, Air, Earth and Physical icons.

So facing challengers around your pet's health points, your shield will almost block nothing

savamal: So he should train his defence first before upgrading his shield?

Nope, not training, but levelling with Armoured Neggs (since his/her pet has a long way to go with training: level up to 250+, which means long trainings of 24hours... and then defence...)

If he keeps labbing his/her pet, surely the health points will go up, however the defence stat is more likely to decrease, killing all efforts of raising that stat with Armoured Neggs...

At this point s/he must decide:

Whether to lab his/her pet and forget about having a shield in her/his battle set

Stop labbing his/her pet, raise its stats and have a shield in her/his battle set

So the question is: is a shield a must-have item in your battle set? The answer defines the strategy

savamal: Ah... Yeah. I understand.

The armoured neggs roughly cost around +30,000 nps. With 1.5 mil, you'll only be able to increase your stat by 50 points.

So, will you level your pet's stats? o.O

well my pet is a lenny atm so that could mean for cheaper 100% freeze and 50% heal so i have no issue with stopping, the main thing i was wondering would be how big a benefit i would get from raising my def and str would be compared to just buying better gear cost wise. as in would i do more damage with the weapons i have now and say 8mill worth of stat raising or just buy something.

I've been able to raise my spoilt pet with about 80 Armoured Neggs during this whole year and it didn't cost me a cent (using negg tokens from Keyquest to convert into Armoured Neggs)

However, since I have access to the Secret Ninja Training School, I first raised my pet's health points to jackpot (777) LOL

Now I'm currently training his level so as to raise his defense boost (which currently is at 7.5)

Even with a HNMS and facing Balthazar at 480 (yellow smiley) I can get damages up to 250+ health points so definitely I need to raise my pet's defence.

And since it costs only 2 now cheap red codestones and 6hours, I can focus on that objective for now.

Then it will be health points all the way till the end ^^

Your pet's strength boost is 4.5 (for 247 Strength points), which means:

Your HCC currently deals 4.5 * 5 = 22.5 Earth and Light icons, so a total of 45 damages (when unblocked)

My pet has a strength boost of 15 (for 712 Strength points) which means:

Your HCC would deal 15*5 = 75 Earth and Light icons, so a total of 150 damages (when unblocked)

If you can have a Super Attack Pea (12 Air icons and 20 Earth icons), at your strength level, you will deal at max 32 * 4.5 = 144 damages, which is still LESS than what my pet can do with a 10-iconer dual-weapon...

Edited by savamal

http://battlepedia.t...magecalculator/

^ This link calculates the damages your pet can deal, based on its strength boost

Since stances are not available at the moment, you must select "Cautious Attack" twice (since this stance multiplies the damages dealt by 1.0)

And the strength/defense boosts works like this (taken from http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/):

Strength/Defence points: Strength/Defence boost

1-7: 0.50

8-12: 0.75

13-19: 1.00

20-34: 1.25

35-54: 1.50

55-84: 2.00

85-124: 2.50

125-199: 3.00

200-249: 4.50

250-299: 5.50

300-349: 6.50

350-399: 7.50

400-449: 8.50

450-499: 9.75

500-549: 11.00

550-599: 12.00

600-649: 13.00

650-699: 14.00

700-749: 15.00

750+: 16.00 (with the new Battledome)

Edited by savamal

My strategy tends to be to hit hard and make the fight over really fast, and meanwhile have enough hit points to make it so I don't die before I've killed my opponent. The defense, then, doesn't really matter.

Based on your stats, and the fact that you're zapping your pet, my strategy would work well for you. I honestly don't use any kind of shield at all, except my 100% freezer does some defense. Your strength is pretty good, and your hit points are great, so I would buy better weapons and keep zapping if I were you.

Recommended:

One bomb (I use ghostkerbomb)--once per battle

Two good weapons that can be used every turn

One good healer that will heal you more than your opponent can deal in damage. (I use a bag of healing dust, which is a 50% healer--that would be awesome for you, with your hit points, but it's also very expensive)

One 100% freezer (expensive and therefore optional, but it can help--when we get our stances back and can do berserk mode, it will be even more helpful)

Freeze + Dual-Duty + Defend then Bomb + Constant + Berserk worked wonders indeed :))

I'm glad to see that Velms healing potion certainly has become useful after a fashion.

If you had 500 INT though, I'd say you could upgrade to Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic. it provides some defense, and with the 500 INT requirement, heals 75 HP. I used mine for a bit before splurging on a healer upgrade.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/1042/

There are 2 on the TP right now, but neither have a price tag. :-\

Although, if you're going to keep labbing to increase your HP, you might just stick with Velms potion for now until you can afford a Bag of Healing Dust. (Non species 50% healer, only heals) Still, SSYT served me well when I had it, so i thought I'd throw that one out for consideration. ;)

Also, If you want a Cheap BUT effective shield that will block all Light, (while you build up your battle budget) I recommend the Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/2773/

It's SOOOOOO cheap these days, Cheapest one on the wiz RIGHT NOW is 100np! :D Not bad for a full light blocker, that also blocks a couple other icon types.

As for training Defense, it's your call. It will be expensive in neggs or codestones to train that up. If you keep labbing, you could end up with a real powerhouse with High strength and HUGE Hp. It's really up to how you wish to battle. I've never used the lab ray. Perhaps someday, but right now I like my rather balanced stats. Even though the training is a bit slower. ;) it's all in how YOU want to play the game.

Best of luck and happy battling! :)