What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?

flyingeevee

You must be excited then that they're finally going to make a Veronica Mars movie. I just heard about that the other day, that's it's actually been approved and not just talk anymore!

Yeah, definitely! I'm hoping that they will make a digital reward pledge tier available to non-US/Canadian citizens, because I would like to get in on the kickstarter. But then again, they reached the goal for the project within the first day, so while the more money the better, they're pretty much set. But in a way, I'm relieved that the rewards aren't available to me, because I also enjoy not being broke.

Yeah, definitely! I'm hoping that they will make a digital reward pledge tier available to non-US/Canadian citizens, because I would like to get in on the kickstarter. But then again, they reached the goal for the project within the first day, so while the more money the better, they're pretty much set. But in a way, I'm relieved that the rewards aren't available to me, because I also enjoy not being broke.

I've never actually watched it myself, but I feel like I need to. I tend to really get into those shows that earn super loyal fan bases because they're obviously doing something right. So when I heard they achieved their funding goal within the first day, I was impressed. Plus, I do really like Kristen Bell.

Glee, Glee and more Glee. I didn't tell anyone I was watching it until I bought a ticket to Glee Live and needed to explain to hubby that I would be disappearing for a few hours on the date in question. Also Neopets, Monster High Dolls, and fanfiction - both reading and writing it. I will freely admit to liking bad, campy movies, dressing up for the Harry Potter movies, and cookies with frosting.

I listen to some bubblegum pop that I loved back in the 90s, and I'm pretty unapologetic about it.

I have tonnes of Aqua on my ipod because it makes me feel cheery.. but I'm wary of listening to it in public in case someone can hear it. I imagine I must look kind of silly sitting on the bus straight-faced with ~Ayepiyayioo, ayepiyayay~ emanating from my headphones.. :rolleyes_anim:

I'm pretty much a nostalgia freak so I still do a lot of stuff from my childhood, mainly Pokémon, Spongebob and Neopets. Other than that there's nothing I feel I have to hide other than..

I kind of like the music of J-Lo

I have too many of these, although some people wouldn't consider them guilty pleasures....

(1) Neopets, of course

(2) Disney Channel

(3) Netflix.. I lose a lot of sleep

(4) Kettle corn- I'm obsessed with making it, omg. I hate having to clean the pot though

(5) Petpet Park

(6) Bad movies

(7) Awkward. (you don't realize how bad the show is until after... when it resonates with you and just makes you angry at how bad it is)

(8) Animal Crossing

(9) Polly Pocket

(10) Dress up games

Definitely Neopets. When my cousin found out (through my brother, not me), he laughed loud enough to hear from the second floor. Most of the people I know who used to play stopped a loooong time ago, as in 10+ years ago. The only other person I know who still plays is my sister, who is the main reason I haven't quit yet.

Other than that, my guilty pleasures are basically reality TV shows on Food Network (they're so stupid and overly dramatic but I can't stop watching them), most sitcoms and dramas (same thing), and almost all of my music tastes. I'm always paranoid that others will find my music preferences extremely pretentious (and I figure they probably are), so I don't really talk about them much.

I imagine I must look kind of silly sitting on the bus straight-faced with ~Ayepiyayioo, ayepiyayay~ emanating from my headphones.. :rolleyes_anim:

~Doctor Jones, Jones, Calling Doctor Jones!~

I was skimming posts and didn't even register you were talking about Aqua, but the minute I read that line I heard it in my head instantly :P

reality TV shows on Food Network (they're so stupid and overly dramatic but I can't stop watching them)

Do you watch Cupcake Wars?! That is the only "reality" show on The Food Network that I've paid attention to and I LOVE it. I also really enjoy their other programs. Mainly "Little Paris Kitchen" and "My Grandmother's Ravioli", but I do have a long time love for Ree Drummond, and Nigella Lawson so I like to tune into their shows from time to time. (Also who doesn't honestly love Paula Dean? She's works that butter like nobody's business amirite.)

I personally try not to approach things as a "guilty" pleasure, I think you should be able to like what you like without judgement. But, like most people have said in this thread I do receive a lot of interesting reactions when people hear I still play Neopets. Fortunately, most of my friends will attribute it to my being "quirky" so I'm free to rant about trying to get the Rubbish avatar or remembering ten minutes to midnight that I didn't do the Festival of the Neggs daily and running up the stairs without getting ridiculed :P

Do you watch Cupcake Wars?! That is the only "reality" show on The Food Network that I've paid attention to and I LOVE it. I also really enjoy their other programs. Mainly "Little Paris Kitchen" and "My Grandmother's Ravioli", but I do have a long time love for Ree Drummond, and Nigella Lawson so I like to tune into their shows from time to time. (Also who doesn't honestly love Paula Dean? She's works that butter like nobody's business amirite.)

I used to watch a little Cupcake Wars, but not being much of a sweet tooth, I eventually lost interest. It's roughly the same reason I can't get into Sugardome. I do know there's this themed cake challenge one I like, but I always forget the name of that show. There's probably more than one anyway.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Chopped. It has fun challenges and the judges don't do as much of the swagger and bravado that a lot of judges in reality TV shows do. It's still fairly dramatic of course, but I like that the judges try to give constructive advice to help aspiring chefs with their dishes beyond the scope of the show. I also watched MasterChef with some friends at one point, but then they started bringing back contestants who had flunked out early in the competition, and then I knew they were just messing with the viewers haha. Occasionally I'll also tune into the "rebuild a restaurant" or "undercover restaurant inspectors" ones, but usually there's more yelling and swaggering going on than actual cooking or restaurant inspecting or etc.

As for their other programs, Iron Chef is still a fun one (unless that count as reality TV also? wow I'm addicted lol). I also really liked Alton Brown and the How Food Is Made programs because it's always fun to know where food really comes from. I also used to watch Rachael Ray waaaay back in the day, but that time has long since passed.

In summary, wow I watch a lot more Food Network than I realized. You have opened a Pandora's box right here! But in retrospect I guess I'm not as ashamed of watching reality TV shows as I thought. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Golden raisins. I know thats odd, but given that they're a little pricey and I can eat a whole box in 3 days flat, they're deadly.

Also, Disney movies. Always have, always will love them. I may get crap about it from my friends, but I have no shame! (usually)

Oh, and Neopets. If my friends knew, I'd be mocked for years.

Neopets!!! I think if my boyfriend didn't regularly play pokemon yellow on his gameboy advance and we weren't dating for two years I wouldn't have told him. I can only think of 4

people who know just how much I love neopets; one of which is my mom, and two of which are real life friends who also play neopets, lol.

I also reeeeally like corny young adult fiction books; particularly ones involving love/mythical creatures. -cough-vampires-cough-

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, I can't not watch that show when it's on, I love that show a whole lot.

I also love Beauty and the Beast; but I'm not ashamed of that at all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has definitely got to be Neopets too! I am already in university and sometimes when I stay late in school, I get the urge to check in on Neopets but nope I can't cause I am afraid of what people will say about me :(

I read a lot of romance chick fiction too, and I hate it when people ask me what book am I reading and then they judge me for it.

hehehe get ready for the list :P

neopets

powerpets ( like neopets but slightly less awesome)

stardoll

harry potter (books and movies)

harry potter fan fiction (reading and writing)

dance moms

DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!

sims 2, 3 and medievil

stationary (you do not want to get me in the stationary stores..... i go cray cray, you should see my pen draws)

carrot and chocolate

old musicals

shoes!!!!

Facebook (cough)

sailor moon anime

Pokemon (i'm playing soul silver currently for the second time, but first time by my self cos i got help from my brother the first time

minecraft (thanks to the brothers i am addicted)

my entire bookshelf ( i haven't thrown out any books since i was 8, and many of them i re-read regularly.

Tigger (as in Tigger from Winnie the Pooh, i even names my cat after him.

there is more but i think that's enough :D

• 1 year later...

My biggest guilty pleasure is probably celebrity gossip. I used to not care about/not pay attention to celebrity's personal lives or anything about them other than the characters they played. But lately, I've been getting pretty into it. I've recently found out that Nicolas Cage bought a castle (old news?)

And probably neopets. I always remind myself that none of neopets is real or relevant to my real life, but for some reason, I still go on the site.

Guilty pleasures?

I have tons of 'em (though, tbh, I don't feel too much guilt for any of 'em!)...

Neopets.

Cooking shows.

Sci-Fi tv series.

Reality tv shows (minus Big Brother...that show grates my last nerve).

Pistachios.

Political news shows/blogs.

Disney movies.

REALLY bad horror movies.

Old school Nintendo games (Mario Bros, Zelda, Castlevania, etc).

80's music.

Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (have read it thru 3 times).

Early morning runs/blades (between 3 and 5am).

Eggs with runny yolks.

To name a very few.

/grin

:P

Fair warning...I am completely unapologetic about my guilty pleasures. The last person who tried to reason with me I sat down for a three-hour this-is-what-you're-missing lecture via dvd.

HUGH JACKMAN MOVIES!! Survivor, G.I Joe (80s series), Jem, X-Men: The Animated Series (90s), X-Files, Disney movies, vampyre books and movies, Bleach (anime), and writing fanfic.

I forgot Godiva chocolate and Starbucks.

There are SO many!

Neopets (my 13 year old son TOTALLY makes fun of me!)

Reading Historical Romance novels (I can't believe I just posted that, how embarrassing)

Having at least 6 shampoos and conditioners in my shower at ALL TIMES. And 4 different body washes as well.

Pedicures! Once a month I get them, even when it snows up here!

Listening to K-Pop music AND Hebrew music by Hadag Nahash. That freaks out my whole family. (I do listen to classic rock and classical as well)

I am in love with Howard Stern and his radio show. I have been listening since the early 1990's

C H O C O L A T E ! !

While I don't feel guilty about my "guilty pleasures", here is what comes to mind as a start:

• NeoPets (duh!)
  • Nick at Night TV (I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, etc)
  • Bubble Baths, Candles, "Grape Juice"
  • Diet Coke
  • Cherry Garcia Ice Cream - Feel free to laugh based on above item :)
  • Sewing - Many times I stay up WAY to late in there and regret it at work the next day

Oooh I forgot to mention a big one: fast food. I love American food - fries, fried chicken, hot dogs, chicken tenders, mac & cheese, etc. I know it is so bad for me but I can't control myself when I see it