several battledome questions

HI, I mostly do 1 player battles and I have several questions.

Does everyone give away red codestones, and is it only on a certain level - say medium or hard?

Has TNT said if they will bring back stances?

Have they said if we will need to rebless our pets with faerie abilites?

For two player battles, if you steal, you now get a random item and not necessarily the first slot item, correct?

Thanks in advance. I was away from Neo for a while and I'm trying to catch up.

I forgot to add, what's the best way to heal outside of the battle dome now that you don't heal after winning a battle?

I have 200 hit points currently.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Does everyone give away red codestones, and is it only on a certain level - say medium or hard?

The TDN Battlepedia team is still compiling our data on this, so we don't know the answer to that question yet. We have not had any verified cases of a red codestone on easy yet, but it may be possible.

Has TNT said if they will bring back stances?

Yes, they are planning to bring them back. You can see all of the Battledome Beta news at TNT's page here: http://www.neopets.com/dome/beta.phtml.

Have they said if we will need to rebless our pets with faerie abilites?

We're not sure about this, because TNT has stated that faerie abilities will be different. I have no idea what faerie abilities will look like, so I don't know whether we will need to re-bless or whether the old abilities will somehow be ported into the new ones. We'll have to see once we know more about what abilities will look like.

For two player battles, if you steal, you now get a random item and not necessarily the first slot item, correct?

Yes. This is true in one-player battles, too. Some challengers used to have a stealing order, and now they don't.

I forgot to add, what's the best way to heal outside of the battle dome now that you don't heal after winning a battle?

Personally, I like the Healing Springs because it's free, but sometimes you'll have to wait for awhile until you get a full heal. If you're looking for something quicker, you can buy a (reasonably priced) potion from the Healing Springs every half hour. Some people are even making a profit by buying potions from the Springs and selling them for more in their shops.

However, I prefer healing in battle. If you're fighting an opponent, and you see that you'll easily win on your next turn, then just use one weapon and heal. It's a lot faster and still free. With 200 HP, you'd probably benefit from a Greater Healing Scroll or a Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic.

Seems Lamp has answered most of your questions. I will add

I play against Pant Devil and Jelly Chia on easy and they give red codestones (the most frequently apparantly)

It does seem the more you play against a certain opponent daily, the less decent stuff they give you.

Since most of your questions have been answered, I'll add that Vira also can reward you with red codestones. but I play on with the angry-faced version. lol

I've begun to prefer fighting jelly chia instead of Vira because Leaf Shield can block all his attacks.and you can get some interesting prizes sometimes. With Vira I had to actually heal during battle. lol Sometimes, depends on what she used on her first attack and how much damage I did in round 1. ;)

I'm looking forward to when pet abilities, stances and faerie abilities are brought back. Seeing how TNT may have changed and seeing what new strategies and tactics can be made from them. ;)

Thank you for the help. I got 2 red codestones and 6 tan ones fighting the pant devil just now. I have an elephante and the elephant healer. I didn't know you could buy potions at the healing springs. And the ones I get for free from the faerie usually don't heal much. Now that I know I can buy the stronger ones for cheap, I will do that whenever I heal and get a stock pile for when ever the next war is.

Really, people are making a profit selling potions in their shops? I didn't realize the prices had inflated to a point where it would be worth it to do it. I guess I should look through my SDB and see if I have any healing potions to sell!

I definitely prefer healing in battle with a reusable item. I use a Bag of Healing Dust...although it's nowhere near cheap. Greater Healing Scroll is pretty awesome, though, for its price.

Really, people are making a profit selling potions in their shops? I didn't realize the prices had inflated to a point where it would be worth it to do it. I guess I should look through my SDB and see if I have any healing potions to sell!

I definitely prefer healing in battle with a reusable item. I use a Bag of Healing Dust...although it's nowhere near cheap. Greater Healing Scroll is pretty awesome, though, for its price.

That's amazing, but then again, the price for the GHS is 180k-200k on the TP. Good profit, but rather inflated imho. Almost double what it was when the old BD went down I think. Still, even at that price, it's good. Otherwise, I'd recommend the Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic. (http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/1042/) Provided you have the 500 INT requirement for it to heal. Gives a little defense either way as well. I used it for a couple years. :)

I too have a Bag of Healing Dust. (Finally broke down and bought one sometime earlier in the year) It's good, but stinks that the prices of those have inflated too with other healing items. I just battle, if I need to heal outside, I have a load of potions from my years of visiting the healing springs and getting them free instead of a healing. I heal a bit, go into an easy battle, heal and repeat if I have to until I'm full or near full of hp again.

Karmacow; You're welcome to the tip. I'm glad you got some good codestones! :)

When I bought GHS, it was selling at the TP for 135k.

Koi Warrior on Hard seems to give 4-6 regular codestones consistently.

The TDN Battlepedia team is still compiling our data on this, so we don't know the answer to that question yet. We have not had any verified cases of a red codestone on easy yet, but it may be possible.

Actually, I just received a red codestone from Balthazar on easy, so we now have a verified case!

I just checked Essence of Everlasting Apple and the cheapest in the user shops is 333 np and it's bought from the water faerie for 250. So it's not a huge profit.

I guess it's not that profitable now. Dewberry Reviver was going for close to 1k for awhile, with a price from the Healing Springs of 175, but I guess the prices have come down. Thanks for checking!