Do you sell or donate ??! (Other options available)

Angeló

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with your junk ?

• Sell
    • Donate
    • Discard
    • Hoard

Interesting question! Throughout my entire time on Neopets, I have gone through all 4 phases with regards to the treatment of junk.

- Stage 1: Sell everything. Every single neopoint counts and I was terrible at games then, so my sources of neopoints were limited.

- Stage 2: Donate junk that are worth 1np. Got tired of seeing my shop stocked to the brim with piles of dung that nobody would buy. Also, for some strange reason, I got a kick out of seeing my username sppear on the Money Tree haha.

- Stage 3: Discard junk. Eventually, I got annoyed at picking up junk from the Money Tree and I didn't want to subject other Neopians to what I have been through.

- Stage 4: Hoard everything. It's a habit developed from my quest to acquire the packrat avatar and it has been this way every since.

I mostly sell, even for 1 NP. But I do discard as well. Mostly, I sell...I need NP!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never discarded or donated an item. If its food, my pet will eat it. Into the SDB. If its a toy, my pet can play with it. Into the SDB. If I don't want it clogging up my main accounts SDB, I send it too my side account. I swear, azuraside must have about 5 Blue Ixi Plushies by now.

So yeah, hoard. I have some cheapo Tiki Tack items in my shop. Been there for a month. Can't be bothered to clear it out. Avatars= too much work :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have done all four throughout my time on Neopets. I discarded when trying for the rubbish avatar and hoarded when saving for packrat. At one point I sold everything, but I soon got tired of it. The items took up too much space in my shop, and the reward really wasn't worth the bother (at least to me). Mainly, I just donate junk items and hope there are others who want it.

Right now I store any item under 500np. Once I get the packrat avatar [i've been working on this slowly haha..], I'll discard all my items to get the rubbish avatar. After all of that.... I think I'll just continue discarding any item under 300 np. I figure.. no one wants to visit the money tree and see nothing but broken fishing poles

Oh I sell it aaaaalll.

Except when it's REALLY junk, like a rotten left shoe, in that case I discard.

Today I donated a mouldy sandwich so I suppose I sometimes donate too.

But most of the times I throw everything in my shop, lotsa 1np stuff haha

I sell, because in the end, it sells? You would think it was near impossible to sell a piece of dung for one NP, when you basically get it thrown at you the the second hand shop, but people will buy it.

My idea is, that they might see something else they want to buy from my shop, when they are there anyway :D

I just discard junk, because I don't feel like 1np is much of a profit (and I'm lazy and like to make lots of money all at once rather than wait for moneys to accumulate)

I used to donate it but I got sick of seeing trash pile up in the money tree.

I discard everything. I do it because I think there's a ton of "rotten boots" and I see no point in having it circulate. Not too long ago I would sell 1NP items thinking it would help those trying to get the rubbish avatar, but it wasn't worth the time to only get 1NP in return.

So it's pretty much discarding everything from my dailies and battledome prizes, except codestones and items that appear unfamiliar.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted donate, but I do a bit of each, too. I hoarded over 1k items recently to try to get the rubbish av, but no luck yet :\

I've read that you need to discard 5000 items to get that avatar. I'm still working on it discarding all the junk I get in dailies.

• 1 month later...

I tend to:

Sell cheap items that I think people might be interested in for their quest for the Packrat avi

Donate the items that I find annoying or are so very obtainable that selling them would just be wasted space in my shop.

Discard items that I find repulsive or offensive...depends on my mood, haha

Hoard stuff I think I might use later (ex. I used to hoard Shiny Obsidian before I realized you needed more expensive items to make anything useful out of them).

I'm currently discarding for the avatar, but now I'm not sure if you have to do 5k at once or just 5k total! ACK.