Neopets Wrist

LillytheGrundo

I didn't know where this topic should go so sorry if it has to be moved.

I have been able to play Neopets A LOT lately and between refreshing, pulling those little P3's around my Habitarium, and bumping my NC Trading ads I have developed a slight ache in my wrist. I think it has to do with being on a lap top with a track pad rather than a mouse. Maybe the universe is sending me a hint that I am on Neo too much...

Has this happened to anyone else? lol

Oh man! I was totally going to head out and buy a mouse to see if that helped! Thanks for saving me money.

It's making me see how insane I am about Neopets. I thought about wrapping my wrist or using a heating pad.

I totally starting using my other arm for the mouse. Things go a bit slower but it's been working. lol

Personally, I find that using a mouse does help my wrist ache less. It may not be all that ergonomic, but it is definitely more comfortable for me (in the short run, at least). Using the trackpad for even half an hour or so is terrible- it's a good thing I don't actually want to travel with my laptop!

Is there a mouse in your house that you could borrow for an afternoon, and see if that makes it feel less achy? If you're concerned about mouses not being ergonomical, there are better ones available (though, I find them awful to use, and they're probably more expensive than a regular one).

This is EXACTLY what happened to me, right down to using my other hand instead and trying a mouse. Bad news, though: the pain will start in your other wrist, too. So as much as it stinks, I definitely recommend you stop playing all together until that pain fades. I'm only 23 but I already have bad carpal tunnel problems (mostly from school, but it started with Neopets). I don't mean to freak you out--I just wish someone had told me to take a break right when it started, because it can get really unpleasant :sad01_anim:

A break now can save you from a lot of pain later.

I have been taking breaks for a few hours at a time and leaving my habitarium alone instead of monitoring it like crazy. Grocery shopping and laundry are great breaks from Neo. lol

Being on the computer all the time without breaks is not healthy. You can get all sort of problems, and wrist pain is one of them.

Definitely, take some pain killers to reduce inflamation. You can try to apply ice or a hot pack too.

If you want, you can give a try to a pen tablet instead of using your trackpad. (Plus it's fun if you are willing to learn how to draw on the computer or want to take part in the Beauty Contest or Art Gallery Spotlight ;).)

As others have already mentioned, playing for long periods of time tends to do that.

Sometimes I get backaches too. D:

I think they sell some kind of pad that helps your wrist stay in a comfortable position when using the computer.

Not sure what it's called though. :c