My new main account :D

Naamah D.

So I've decided to switch my main from xxkillthelights93xx to xnothing_and_nowhere. I have a few questions...

1. I have 20,000 something Neopoints on xxkillthelights93xx should that be transferred to my new main?

2. Should I transfer all of my items (food, toys, grooming etc, wearables etc...)

3. How long should I wait until I start playing games and doing dailies?

4. What about my Advent Calender prizes should I transfer those?

Well, I would create the new account a lot prior. So it can age and you could still have your transfers and be able to restock, attic, etc. I would create the account at least 4 months prior so I could restock. Leave the NP on your old main if it becomes a side. You will need it. Transfer your items. You should transfer prizes.

Depending on how much stuff you've accumulated, I'd just transfer the things you care about or intend to sell at some point.

In principle, it should be okay to start playing games and dailies right away, as long as you haven't done any today on your old main. But maybe a one day break would be safest. Unless you let it age, like Finn is suggesting (that's a good idea).

I've heard most people give it 24 hours before they start playing games and stuff on a new main. I can't remember if this is a neopets rule, or just something people do out of caution. Will edit if I find any mention of it from TNT.

It looks like Naamah's new main is already aged 20 months, so it should be all ready to go. :) As others have said, just go ahead and transfer everything. As far as dailies go, I'd wait 24 hours out of caution.

I second what Emily said. I would wait 24 hours before starting to play games on your new main and not play any games on your old main. Just so you can't be considered as using multiple accounts and therefore, cheating.

I think 24 hours is the rule to keep you from sending scores/doing dailies from two accounts in one day. I think if you put a note in your profile that you switched, you're probably safe to use the trading post to transfer items/NP.

What I'm going to do is transfer my items 50 at a time. Of course I'll leave some toys for my pets on xxkillthelights93xx. That account has aged 25 months...so is it even safe to make xnothing_and_nowhere a main account if it's 20 months old?

My other sides are 25 months old as well.

This page seems to have a nice little guide about switching mains, maybe take a quick look at it? :)

http://www.neopets.com/~akaunts#switch

So am I safe to do dailies on xnothing_and_nowhere now? This is very confusing.

So am I safe to do dailies on xnothing_and_nowhere now? This is very confusing.

I think so, they recommend leaving a few days gap before doing so to be safe, but it's not necessary. :)

Some people put a little blurb on their userlookups saying "This used to be old main, now it's a side" or something along those lines.

Though I don't know if this actually makes a difference with TNT. ^_^

This is getting way too confusing. Maybe I'll just start fresh on a new account. I dunno.

I think you'd have the same problems. As long as you stop using your old main, I think you shouldn't have a problem.