what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

Is this okay? It doesn't break any rules? :O Cause that's pretty nifty.

Oh, another one. I hate it when I get an item that I think is pretty cool and it says it's rare, but I look up the item and it doen't sell for much. Bleh. I'm not good with pricing things. XD

Nope, it doesn't break any rules at all!

You can't give your pet to another person for them to zap, or use their FFQ on. But to adopt a pet that someone else zapped is totally okay- you're just being put on a list so people who zap the pet you want can contact you. :D

I hate when my pets are dying and when I give them food they say: "Yuck! I'm not eating one of those!"

Fine! Starve to death!

Just change the language of the site so they can eat. I do this all the time to ensure my pets have enough to eat. I also count how many letters are in their names and the items (I memorized the amount of letters in my pets' names for this purpose). Your pets will not eat anything with the same amount of letters in its name as theirs, and twice the amount, for example, if your pet had 7 letters in their name, they would be unable to eat anything with 7 or 14 letters. Unfortunately, a lot of food has 14 letters in its name, but there is food with incredibly long names that should be less problematic.

Finding things. I'm a mad organizer, so seeing that there's a multiplayer lobby (yes, I found both!) and it isn't linked to from the games room or anything like that makes me die a little inside. I'm also fussy about concise and informative formal writing and instructions, so things like incomplete or needlessly verbose instructions grate on me. I'm the kind of person who takes 70 words away from a tutorial containing 700.

Neopets, I could make you so much more efficient with just an evening of access...!

• 2 weeks later...

Faerie Bubbles. That game can die and rot.

I had a super good score and was almost guaranteed to get the avatar... But I misfired by a couple pixels and lost, 4 levels before the end.

Boochi. Bleeping Multiple-Expletives-Deleted Boochi. Baby Neopets are adorable, sure, but the color doesn't appeal to me personally, and what's more, they are almost completely uncustomizable (unless you feel like springing for the NeoCash, of course). I know there are people out there who would love a visit from Boochi, so why-oh-why do I have to deal with him? Pyrodrax, my main pet, has been Boochi'd four bleeping times, and I don't even play all that regularly. If I hadn't taken the time to learn my Magma Pool time, I'd probably lose all my Neopoints getting paint brushes just to de-Boochi him. Seriously, couldn't Boochi just show up and throw the Baby Paint Brush at me? Then I could sell for pure profit, someone could get a Baby Neopet who actually wants one, and I wouldn't have to worry that any second, Pyrodrax will earn his fifth set of baby clothes to take up space in the Closet.

On a less vitriolic, more dully irritating note, the Return of Sloth plot bugs me, too, in a "constantly in the back of my mind" sort of way, because I missed it. I had been wanting to see Dr. Sloth come back for years, and was looking forward to having an account that could participate in defending Neopia from him in a meaningful way, and then when he finally came back, I was on hiatus. And to make matters worse, I've been slowly working at getting the various Shoyru paint brush sets, just to have them available, and I've been wondering how I could possibly get the Robot Shoyru casings without exposing my pet to the lab ray. So, of course, the plot I'd been waiting for, the plot I missed, comes complete with a ray-gun prize that turns a pet Robot...and is No-Trade, meaning I can now never acquire one ever...only look and see that the exact item I've been wanting exists in a place I can never get it. *sigh* So very, very annoying....

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the stamps thing! It's so frustating having those stamps that right now are worth millions, you put them there in the beginning and now you can't remove them and you're not even collecting them

• 2 weeks later...

The ever changing economy!!!!

When I first started playing neopets about 9 or 10 years ago I remember I wanted a petpet REALLY bad, so I saved up about 3,000 neopoints and bought the cheapest one I could find at the time, a meowclops.

I kept that petpet for a while, and I was really happy with it. Then I started earning more neopoints and I could finally buy a petpet I liked more than the meowclops, so I sold it; for about 3,000 neopoints.

Years later after the avatar is released that petpet is now worth MILLIONS. My biggest regret was selling that darn meowclops.

For me it's the random events / random avatars.

I must have spun the Wheel of Knowledge well over a thousand times, refreshed at the Advent Calendar about a million times...

I've been playing Neopets since 2002, and never had a paintbrush as a random event... :(

Although I did just win the Random Contest :D

I have been trying to get the wheel of knowledge avatar for years now! I have never landed on that star.....it's seriously impossible.... I feel your pain brother :crying_blow:

I hate exclusive items in neopets. I am fine with rare/moderately-hard-to-get things, but the impossibility of getting some items is a turn-off.

I dislike retired avatars, stamps, and items because I know I cannot get them and their presences prevent me from completing collections.

Everything about Chickaroo. It pains me to spend 7,500+ NP on Herbal Scrambled Eggs.

You could try visiting the healing springs, try having your sick pet as your active for better results.

1 - Habitarium bugs. I had to reset my Habitarium with merge-methods due to lock-outs.

2 - KeyQuest bugs and lag

3 - BD Beta bugs and lag

4 - Prolongated War of the Obelisk

In other words, bugs and lags :/

1 - Habitarium bugs. I had to reset my Habitarium with merge-methods due to lock-outs.

2 - KeyQuest bugs and lag

3 - BD Beta bugs and lag

4 - Prolongated War of the Obelisk

In other words, bugs and lags :/

Agree with number 4, then make the pant devil a seperate faction, and I go crazy. :dance:

Have a new one. Knowing which shop stocks a particular item you want, but not knowing when said shop restocks, so you potentially miss out on the item in question.

Seriously, does anyone know how often the clothing shot in Neovia restocks? I've been trying to grab a Smarmy Monocle, but I can never seem to get it.

Have a new one. Knowing which shop stocks a particular item you want, but not knowing when said shop restocks, so you potentially miss out on the item in question.

Seriously, does anyone know how often the clothing shot in Neovia restocks? I've been trying to grab a Smarmy Monocle, but I can never seem to get it.

All the shops restock as frequently as the others- I think that there is a lot of 'junk' in the Neovian clothing store though, since a lot of their stuff isn't wearable yet. Becuase it's not worth restocking, it doesn't move, meaning there is less space in the shop for new things to show up (I think only 25 or so items will be in a shop at any given time). In addition to that, the Smarmy Monocle is r90, so it'll restock rarely to begin with.

Random avatars. I can get the game avatars no problem. Even kadding is fun for me.

But I swear I can give the Snowager the stinkeye until the cows come home.

Still no avaturd.

I wonder if I should sent Moltres after him?

/ponder