what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

Just found out what was the frustrating thing about this. I misspelled my neopet's name -_-.... (sigh, it's back to the drawing board again...) Oh well, Slyphienth is probably OK. (was gonna name her Sylphienth, just sounds so majestic xD)

Hey, I mispelled one of my pet's names too. I used to think "phoenix" was spelled "pheonix" and as a result that mispelling is part of my Kougra's name.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh!!! I thought I hit the NC tube when I played the Qasalan Expellibox, but I hit the X tube instead -_- TNT Does not want to give me NC at the moment.

I never seem to have enough neopoints, and I wish I knew how the heck people get a hold of the expensive items sold on the TP. I know lots are gotten through the Forgotten Shore map, Key Quest, random events and stuff, but I feel like I'm missing something.

I also find the avatars that require chance to get them, like Bilge Dice (as the member above me mentioned) and the G--- Tomb one (can't remember how to spell the name, lol).

I get frustrated with the inability to rename my pets as well...but that's covered in another topic ;p

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that a crazy person was auctioning a 100 dubloon coin for 1000 NPS. It was almost over - on the very first page - and neopets decides to freeze with I am placing an amount.

And also saving NPs when there is so much out there to collect :P

Most frustrated with the fact that a lot of the things that added so much charm to neopets (the OLD wars where hp increased and the rewards were much better, the old layout which was much simpler and less cluttered, and features like theme parks) are now gone or replaced, and the fact the best features now (the new battledome, daily dare, altador cup) all need serious work done to make them live up to their ability.

I get frustrated at the hard to get avatars as well. And I wish I could collect all the stamps but nope =(

The incompleteness of my stamp collection drives me nuts if I let myself think about it. I'm totally a collector-type, so I definitely empathize with you there. Stupid UBs :(

The most frustrating is:

Reaching a gold trophy score (that's not one of the easy ones--Pyramids, Cheat, etc) for the first time ever.

Submit the score!

And then, "Sorry, our servers are currently experiencing problems....."

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

(I let out an audible AARAGRHGRHGR and then paced around in frustration for a bit. :laughingsmiley: At least now that I've done it once, I know that I could potentially do it again someday. But yes, very frustrating.)

For me it would be the codings for userlookups and music. There used to be so much beautiful music codes and userlookup codes but now they don't work anymore for I don't know why reasons. I realize that a lot of people stopped making these over the past years so seeing them not working on neopets anymore is just heart-breaking for me =(

For me it would be the codings for userlookups and music. There used to be so much beautiful music codes and userlookup codes but now they don't work anymore for I don't know why reasons. I realize that a lot of people stopped making these over the past years so seeing them not working on neopets anymore is just heart-breaking for me =(

The really old userlookups don't work anymore because TNT changed the way that userlookups look. They made it more customisable (you can move all the different sections around!) and more streamlined.

There are tonnes of people who have made even more beautiful lookups though, including our own Xepha. :)

The most frustrating is:

Reaching a gold trophy score (that's not one of the easy ones--Pyramids, Cheat, etc) for the first time ever.

Submit the score!

And then, "Sorry, our servers are currently experiencing problems....."

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

(I let out an audible AARAGRHGRHGR and then paced around in frustration for a bit. :laughingsmiley: At least now that I've done it once, I know that I could potentially do it again someday. But yes, very frustrating.)

Oh man, I can't stand it when playing a game and the stupid thing glitches!! *looks at Meerca Chase and shakes her fist* I feel your pain :( Glad you can put a positive outlook on it though :)

Unclear ticket responses. I'll send in a ticket asking why I got a silencing, warning, etc, and I'll get a repeat of the ticket. Yes, I did read the ticket. I just don't know what in the post was inappropriate, because nothing was stared out!

Another thing is the lack of being able to link accounts together. Moved 169 items over from a side account, and it was not fun.

The most frustrating thing on Neopets is definitely the players who scam and take advantage of us nicer players..

For example... Today I decided I was going to splurge and buy the Faerie Queen Doll from the Hidden Tower for avatar purposes. Now, don't get me wrong.. I didn't expect to get all of my money back. When a younger account with quite a few avvies sent me a neomail about how they would pay 1.1 mill, and that it was all they had, I thought sure, why not, let's help out an unfortunate Neopian tonight.

Literally three seconds after the trade was processed, they put the doll into their own trades and even had the nerve to neomail me again.

I know I should have been more... suspicious.. I just want to be able to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes without regretting it..

The other thing that is annoying is people who use programs to win restocks. It's so difficult to compete with robots that just get frozen anyway.

• 1 month later...

All random avatars are pretty frustrating, but in my opinion Symol Hole takes the cake. Snowager is frustrating, but at least I get different results every day. Sometimes I get blast, sometimes I get an item, sometimes nothing happens. But with Symol, it's always: "Wasn't that fun? Maybe you can do the same tomorrow!". I've NEVER gotten anything other than that. No items, no neopoints, nothing! It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Another thing that frustrates me are the neoboards, particularly the AC. I used to have some nice chats there some time ago, but it seems that trolls and troll-feeders have taken over. I see a lot of very suspicious accounts claiming to be lending expensive avatar items or asking to be lent SuAP for full collat, and people say "GL being lent :)" as if this seemed perfectly normal. People who make these claims are either trolls or cheaters and I wish others would just ignore them instead of giving them attention :\

Right now I would say my attempt at getting the chocolate avatar <_<

I've spent hours in the shop the last 2 half price days, and a few hours on random days when I have the time. Still can't get it. I've only even seen a r90+ item TWICE and I wasn't able to get it because the RSers are too fast for me :(

• 1 month later...

Earning neopoints! [groans dramatically] I'm currently getting around 20k NPs from the dailies but I'm spending it in stocks, which is a long-term investment, so I hardly have any NPs on hand. x_x I've never gotten lucky on any random events like picking up expensive items or winning the jackpot, etc., so it's been incredibly frustrating for me.

Also, the avatars that require certain scores from flash games? :grrr:

• 3 weeks later...

The Chocolate avatar. I just can't.

The Shockwave games that I can't play, much less get the avatar for. On that note, the broken avatars, like the Spooky Mynci one. What gives?

And like everyone else has said, the random avatars. Especially "what do you do if leave blank fierce peophins leave blank has eaten too much leave blank tin of olives?" That sentence doesn't even make grammatical sense.

I have never gotten a Fountain Faerie Quest and I've been on this for more than 3 years which is like a 4th of my life so far. Also, the games don't give enough neopoints for me to train.

i have once

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I would say the most frustrating part of neopets for me is not being able to restart habitarium because I just can't remember to get on all the time and all my P3's died and it takes forever to get another P3 from the nester they give you. I know that some people might try to abuse the system if they did that but they could lessen the reward of neopoints on each level that you had already gotten the reward for. Also not being able to play some of the games like Poogle Racers and other games because you have to bet neopoints and it's fake in-game currency Pokemon has done betting games like that in their DS games before so Neopets shouldn't have a problem with it.

I'm going to have to go with not only random avatars, but random events. One in particular: The Fountain Faerie. In all the years I've been playing, I've never seen a hint of her. And some people under a year have gotten her twice! Even more frustrating because I know when I finally get her, I'll have to adopt a Buzz just to get the avatar because that's just how I am.