what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

What has been grinding my gears lately is these 3 week old accounts that have the most absurd number of expensive items in their shops/galleries/on the trading post/in the auction house!!!

Specifically this one dude that has yet to accept my trade so I can complete my secret lab map that I've been putting off forever! He asked for pure NPs and I gave him exactly what he wanted and now I am left twiddling my thumbs waiting to see if he will accept my absurd amount of NPs!

(Mostly I'm jealous I've been around for ages and don't have all these pretty items these new accounts have, but I'm also completely puzzled by how they accomplish this!)

:sad02: :sad02: :sad02:

:shiftyeyes_anim: :shiftyeyes_anim: :shiftyeyes_anim:

I know this may sound silly, but, for me, just earning NP. I'm not very good at most of the games and the ones I'm somewhat decent at, I don't stay in the top for very long. Of course, I have some of the same frustruations as others, like with the random avatars, etc, but at least I'm on the same level as everyone else.

Lag is obvious, but also for me, the 1,001 little glitches and errors that have accompanied the transition... the broken games, glitchy page refreshes, people using exploits possible because of the lag, the Neofriend module (which is somehow even more busted than before). Each day is an adventure, you never know what new glitch you'll find. :P

I'm fed up with the lag... :shiftyeyes_anim: Ok, to add more words I'll say that I'm fed up because it's kind of impossible to earn NPs if you can't restock... I really think it should be a little bit easier or at least less time demanding to earn them. Sometimes it feels like a job instead of a game to have fun and enjoy.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please have at least seven words in your post.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I agree about the lag, and the glitches in games are annoying--I was never very good at most of them anyway, so now it's even harder to earn NP from them. Forget about game avatars.

For me, though, the most annoying thing is inflation! I can still remember when having 1mil in the bank was considered extremely rich, and now people have to save up four, five, even six times that just to paint a pet. Maybe I just haven't adjusted yet, but especially since I was gone for a while the change is a huge shock. :eh:

I definitely agree with censorship being a huge frustration! I think I quit Neopets last time because I was trying to talk about stocks and they kept censoring me when I typed "SSS" because I was either attempting to exchange password, change Neopets' coding, or swear, so they said. It got to the point where I couldn't type anything to anyone and I had no idea how to fix what I typed. That's probably why I don't view Neopets as a social game.

Secondly... Sewage Surfer. It is the bane of my existence. I got to level 48 and then suddenly got jumped to level 1. And then to 28 - back to 1. And most recently, level 6. I'll try again next year.

And lastly, as many people have mentioned, refreshing/random avatars mixed with lag, mixed with dead pages that need to be resent, and a Neoboards preference page that insists that I have no avatars. All that combined, I have no idea if I've actually received the Lever of Doom avatar. Having invested over 20 hours in flipping that lever I'm really starting to wonder.

Ah yes. Game trophies are daunting. I get really intimidated knowing there are thousands and thousands of players to compete with over a small number of trophies in games I don't have any particular talent with. So I feel you there!

Currently, I am frustrated with the user lookups. I want to see exactly how many avatars I have without counting each one and I can’t.. It’s really aggravating!

And Ghoul Catchers gives me my neopoints.. I don’t know the problems you all are experiencing.

What has been grinding my gears lately is these 3 week old accounts that have the most absurd number of expensive items in their shops/galleries/on the trading post/in the auction house!!!

Specifically this one dude that has yet to accept my trade so I can complete my secret lab map that I've been putting off forever! He asked for pure NPs and I gave him exactly what he wanted and now I am left twiddling my thumbs waiting to see if he will accept my absurd amount of NPs!

(Mostly I'm jealous I've been around for ages and don't have all these pretty items these new accounts have, but I'm also completely puzzled by how they accomplish this!)

:sad02: :sad02: :sad02:

:shiftyeyes_anim: :shiftyeyes_anim: :shiftyeyes_anim:

This is so accurate. I saw someone on the ALP forum saying that they have 17mil np but their account isn't yet 5 years old! How?!?!

RSing is NOT my forte, so getting swaths of NP is very difficult. And, to make it worse, I'm getting to a point where most of the items I need for my gallery cost between 5 and 100(!!!) million NP apiece :crying_blow:

Not being able to see user lookups is killing me right now. I've been adding lots of stamps to my collections, and I'd really like to see how many I have and have a link to my album at the same time. I've also made some awesome looks for my pets with customization, and I'm really missing seeing them all in a nice line. :(

Not being able to see user lookups is killing me right now. I've been adding lots of stamps to my collections, and I'd really like to see how many I have and have a link to my album at the same time. I've also made some awesome looks for my pets with customization, and I'm really missing seeing them all in a nice line. :(

I dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but you can still see your lookup if you go to My Account -> Edit Profile -> Preview Lookup. That's also how people are on the boards are still asking to view lookups for lends and such- you can screenshot your lookup from there and copy it to a petpage, if you want to keep it somewhere to show to others. :D

Not being able to check out peoples userlookups is real annoying :/

Also, not a problem with Neo itself but with my personal experience, I miss when I had loads of Neofriends. I used to get loads of nms and chat all the time but now most have left/are very inactive due to lag and other reasons. I also hate not knowing if I've replied to a nm due to the Read/replied button thingy being broken, not knowing who's online due to the Neofriends online button being broke na dnot being able to see my nm in the person who is replying nm. This means sometimes if theyve took a while i cant remember wat we were tlaking about in the first place :(

*grumble* this stinking lag *grumble*

I know that it's like beating a dead horse, but I finally just got interested in restocking, and now I can't even get the shops to load when I need them to. And then my SSW decides to stop working for me too.

Also, I just miss my income from KQ. I have been doing the BD more now, and gotten some good payouts thanks to nerkmids I won, but I feel lost without KQ.

Alright, I'm sure I've posted in this topic long long ago...but right now the user lookups thing is killing me! (You know, not to be overdramatic... ;) I know I can see mine with preview, but I wish I could see other people's. I can't wait for that to be fixed.

User look ups not working is a pain for me too. I like to know who I am dealing with in trades and auctions. Also the stock market seems to be deflating after the recent glitch. It may be my imagination or just timing. I try to wait until a stock reaches 50np to sell and for a few I will wait for higher prices. I notice when everything falls rapidly.

SERIOUSLY??!! For the 80th billionth time (sight exaggeration, I may be a drama queen but I don't CARE!), I clicked on that stupid Deserted Tomb of Geraptiku, and I thought to myself: " Why do I play this stupid daily? It's not like I ever win anything from it! Least of all that stupid, pretty, shiny, avatar." Well, imagine to my surprise when I click and the message pops up - EUREKA! You've found it. You've found the treasure of the Lost City of Geraptiku. People you've met once will now be writing to you asking to borrow Neopoints. It's every Neopian's dream. So, I'm thinking avatar yes!

ALAS, no. No pretty shiny, stupid avatar.

Neopets makes me want to cry. *Cry*

For me the most frustrating thing is how easily you can lose items! Even ones you just got! I got my Easter basket today at the Apple Bobbing AND normally I put everything I collect in my SDB ASAP, but this time I thought "Oh I'll do it after I click this!" What happens? My brand new Easter Basket fell in the water, I'm still beating myself up about this!

As an avatar collecter, I still need these elusive random avatars: Wheel of Excitement, Edna - Cackle!, Turmaculus, Island Mystic, Grarrl Keno, Snowager - Rawr!, Geraptiku - Deserted Tomb, Petpet Laboratory, Grundo - Discarded Plushie, Dark Lurker, Forgotten Shore, Imposter Apple, Kiko Pop, Pwned by the Lab

So frustrating!

Random avatars pretty much! Though actually, now I come to think of it perhaps the way simple items are millions of nps sometimes. For example stamps etc that are restricted. I do understand it to an extent but then it seems unfair that newer users will literally never have a chance to get into stamps or cards or something

For me, I'd say the most frustrating part of Neo is when you RS a valuable item at the magic/stamp/chocolate etc. shop and when you click on your inventory to put it somewhere safe, an RE (i.e. Pant Devil, Grundo Leader, Kiko Lake YYball team) comes and takes it away....>:-(