what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

The Wheel of Knowledge HATES me! 5 times out of 10 I get told a cheat for a game that I could've find out on TDN, 3 times out of 10 I get to spin again and the other times, I get some stupid stained glass window or RARELY, a book or food. ALL I WANT IS THE AVATAR.

Waiting for prizes that are never given, waiting for the CC and other activities to get fixed, how some players act.  All are equally frustrating. :sad01_anim:

The darned witch Edna will NOT GIVE ME AN AVATAR!! I have spent so much time on her quests! Luckily I have SSW now but it's such a pain still!

I'm also finally taking training seriously and it's taking so much money and so much time!

TNT.

I find it frustrating how easy it is to get frozen or silenced and how half the time if you send in a ticket it can take months to get back to you. I had one open for over a year and then got an automated response to it... 

The interesting part? They unsilenced my main when I sent in a different ticket asking if it was possible for them to clear my gallery layout for me. 

When you're spinning The Wheel of Monotony and it's slows down right over the paint brush, then at the last millisecond it goes to the rock. This happened to me yesterday. .-.

For me it's probably the lack of bigger plots. I like the long-winded strategy games with a story and an outcome and the arcade games just don't really do it for me. I guess I'm just frustrated by a lack of purpose. I keep thinking of ideas for things to keep me amused temporarily, but there's nothing really that makes me want to jump on and play all the time.

The game just seems kind of vague at the moment.

Lizzyjane101, me and my friend were just talking about that the other day. I really miss the big plots that had comics with them, like the Curse of Maraqua. I feel like the last really good plot we had was Faerie's Ruin, and that was about 4-5 years ago. I really think Jumpstart could help revitalize Neopets with a really good plot!

But besides that, I think one of the most annoying things lately is this onslaught of really low quality items. Did they even look at the rainbow Baby Blu before they approved it? Quantity is not better than quality. 

Not being able to play 11 games. As I do not have the proper program installed, and I do not trust the website, because I've never heard of it. So much for the avatar :/

If you don't trust some program, you can always ask about it on the boards here (= I'm sure people will help you out. 

When you're playing NeggSweeper and you have to guess which one of the two spots is a bomb and you're wrong. I know it's not Neopets' fault, but it's still pretty frustrating.

When you get 1,998 in Meerca Chase but it gives you the error message. I'm not even freaking kidding, look at the screenshot:

q4hyS4O.jpg

Sorry I didn't get the screenshot of the error message, but I was FURIOUS!  :grrr:

Honestly my biggest complaint has always been how rude people are on the boards. It is a userbase thing and maybe it is better now than it was years ago, but the boards have always come across as smug and rude (with a few boards being exceptions, the help board is almost always full of great people).

Most of my problems on neo over my time playing (12 years? more?) have been more based with other players than with the site itself (barring recent issues, anyway).

Just me again back with another gripe! Though this is more of a confusion/question thing.

Why buy something from other users and then try and sell it for like 10% more? Does it even work? Cause say if you have 50 nerkmids that you bought for like 55k (doesn't matter which kind) and you're selling them for 60k, who's gonna buy them at that price if someone is offering them for less? Obviously it doesn't have to be with nerkmids, it can be anything but I don't get it. Is the aim to buy all those under you so yours look fine at 60k?

Codestones are probably some of the most popular items and it's the same with those. Seeing them going for 3k on average but some users having hundreds in their shops and selling them for 4k?

If it works for them I guess! 

I definitely concur with the people posting about error messages when posting high scores for games, I had this happen on a couple of avatar games - Buzzer Game and Ultimate Bullseye - and you just want to scream... especially if like me, you're generally not very good at games, even if you practise a lot... most of my high scores are total flukes. 

Right now though the most frustrating thing is King Skarl's total lack of a sense of humour >-<! Just laugh and give me the avatar so I don't have to think about what to do if fierce peophins has eaten too much tin of olives ever again!

Something that really bugs me is the twang type sound in Wingoball. It's so annoying, I have to silence the game whilst playing.