Inflation of Codestones

@Aqua: TNT gave a reminder in bold to keep training our pets. All the images seem to suggest some kind of battle-related strategizing. They've uploaded images of "NC War Packs." I'd say chances are super slim that there's not going to be any battling in this plot. *raises eyebrow*

@Rockyroad: Only some of those are near record highs. Eo codestones were almost over 15k last battle plot. Main and Mau got much higher. There was a while when only a few of them were under 10k. Long story short: There's a lot more inflation to come. *dramatic music* :O

I remember the crazy inflation that hit all BD related items during The Faeries' Ruin. The thing is - Codestones should be at an all time low since the Battledome awards them like candy and gold stars after every battle. All because of a few hints and plot fever... quite amazing. :D

I haven't been able to train Taffieh for days now because of inflation ):

I'm trying to save my NPs, and now the two codestones I need will cost me around 22k-26k. I just don't think it's worth training her now.

I was going to buy them and then take her to the Swashbuckling Academy as (at the time) she was only Lvl 40. Then I visited Coltzan's Shrine and what did he do? Increased her level to 41!!!! I was NOT happy.

I haven't been able to train Taffieh for days now because of inflation ):

I'm trying to save my NPs, and now the two codestones I need will cost me around 22k-26k. I just don't think it's worth training her now.

I was going to buy them and then take her to the Swashbuckling Academy as (at the time) she was only Lvl 40. Then I visited Coltzan's Shrine and what did he do? Increased her level to 41!!!! I was NOT happy.

You could play Deadly Dice to get her level to decrease, if you want.

Try Deadly Dicing your pet's level back down! It doesn't matter if you gain more levels now - not for a while at least - and you might lose and train for cheap again!

I'm still training. Bye bye savings.

Edit: yes, what Lamppost said.

I just sold my stash of Red Codies and used them to buy codestones for training.

I have a 2 week buffer in case of crazy price inflation.

@Aqua: TNT gave a reminder in bold to keep training our pets. All the images seem to suggest some kind of battle-related strategizing. They've uploaded images of "NC War Packs." I'd say chances are super slim that there's not going to be any battling in this plot. *raises eyebrow*

@Rockyroad: Only some of those are near record highs. Eo codestones were almost over 15k last battle plot. Main and Mau got much higher. There was a while when only a few of them were under 10k. Long story short: There's a lot more inflation to come. *dramatic music* :O

LOL Livvy, that's interesting to know. I seem to forget to check the news other than some of the headlines, partly because most of the news rarely ever has had much to interest me, but MOST often, because I keep forgetting when the news is released. LOL

That being said, I haven't seen a good battle plot in a very long time... Of course, I did take a couple breaks from the site over the years. lol Maybe my timing was just right, or rather wrong, to seeing any good plots. XD I HOPE there will be a good battle plot. And I hope it's worth the np this battle inflation is causing. I mean, seriously JUST when prices were starting to become reasonable on codestones, this happens and the prices skyrocket, almost double in some cases. I need 3 codestones for a training course.and their combined value is over 32k. I'm just gonna wait until I get some from the BD. And focus on the alternative training methods until I see what the battling part of the plot start. i've been disappointed by neo-plots before. So I really am hoping for a Good one! Especially if they have interesting and unique prizes. :D It's been too long since I had a really good battle. (not counting getting the BD avatars and DoN trophies just before the old BD went down. ;) They were fun and tricky, but I felt rushed due to the old BD's closure and not knowing when it'd be back up. Bit of a fun killer there.)

Ah well, whatever they are plotting, I hope it comes out soon with both good battles and a good storyline to go with it! :)

This is just a suggestion based off of a board on Charter, but perhaps you could do a codestone exchange? Where you trade for codestones you need for your training for codestones that you already have? As you might get a codestone from the battledome or keyquest that you don't need and someone else might need it but have one that you need? That way you're avoiding the shops and inflation and instead just swapping for ones you actually need.

This is just a suggestion based off of a board on Charter, but perhaps you could do a codestone exchange? Where you trade for codestones you need for your training for codestones that you already have? As you might get a codestone from the battledome or keyquest that you don't need and someone else might need it but have one that you need? That way you're avoiding the shops and inflation and instead just swapping for ones you actually need.

This is a good suggestion. Unfortunately, if I were trading an expensive codestone, I wouldn't trade it for a cheaper one as a one-to-one trade. For example, if Lu Codestones are worth 12k and Main Codestones are worth 4k, and I had a Lu Codestone, I would expect to get 3 Main Codestones for it. And then, it's not cheaper for the person with a Main Codestone.

Maybe that's just me, though, and you can find someone more benevolent to do an even trade with you!

Am I just very lucky, or Deadly Dice is rigged in the player's favor.

I've seen theories that say the rolls, or at least the outcome (win/tie/lose), is based on the time when you click the button. According to TDN, this is not confirmed.

Am I just very lucky, or Deadly Dice is rigged in the player's favor.

I think Lucky. Years and Years ago, (Before the site layout change with the multiple sidebars and stuff), I wrote down the times I visited Von Roo, trying to figure out if there was a time pattern or something, UNfortunately, I took a hiatus from the site, and didn't have the mathmatical knowledge to figure out IF there is any sort of pattern. So I lost interest. I don't know if anything's changed with that part of the site, when Roo Island or the site itself was updated. So I don't even know if my data is still good, or if it's even in the old email address I used to store it.

Anyway, I've won big, and lost bigger at times on Deadly Dice, I think my biggest loss was 16 levels, that was a lot of ties leading up to that loss. LOL best level win was 8 I think.

Another decent way to build levels is Terror Trove or Faeries Fortune Scratchcards. Especailly after you get a shalacking by Von Roo and his dice rolling abilties. You may even win some nice NP instead of levels Or not.

Anyway, I've won big, and lost bigger at times on Deadly Dice, I think my biggest loss was 16 levels, that was a lot of ties leading up to that loss. LOL best level win was 8 I think.

Another decent way to build levels is Terror Trove or Faeries Fortune Scratchcards. Especailly after you get a shalacking by Von Roo and his dice rolling abilties. You may even win some nice NP instead of levels Or not.

The Scratchcards give a level to a random pet, if memory serves. It would be better to transfer my other pets before doing scratchcards, however I'm just not that serious about the whole thing. I do wish they'd do something about the "Rare items", rather disappointing to win and then find your prize is a Hawk Wand.

coltom, I think you're right about that. I only keep one pet while training. Which is pretty much how I've had it for years. lol It'd be frustrating to get a stat or level boost and have it go to the wrong pet. I believe Kitchen Quest stat points can also go to random pets. With sending pets to side accounts, I would also recommend that those side accounts have the PIN enabled for extra protection. And ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure, after all. ;)

And yeah, back on scratchcards, it IS annoying when the "rare treasure" is some piece of junk. They should update those too, as well as the snowball and plushie prizes, imo.

Are codestone prices starting to go down? I've had a few codestones in my shop for two days now, and I thought I priced them at the (inflated) going rates.

Or maybe people just aren't buying codestones because the prices are too inflated. I've heard a lot of people on these boards stopped training and are waiting for prices to fall again.

I know the codestones are expensive AND hurting my bank account, I'm now down to less than 1 mill because the codestones are so expensive. If I am to make and save NP, I have to forgo training, but with the upcoming plot, I don't want to do that, I feel the need to keep going and going at it.

*How do you all make NP without playing games!?*

Just collect prizes in the BD. Use challengers in the Dome of the Deep. It gives 4-8 codestones a day. Also sell the red codestones you get to earn money.

BD is keeping my bank account filled with NP.

Just collect prizes in the BD. Use challengers in the Dome of the Deep. It gives 4-8 codestones a day. Also sell the red codestones you get to earn money.

Dome of the deep? Hm, I'll have to check that out. I've been battling for awhile now but all I ever get is junk items.

@~Xandria: Yes, Dome of the Deep. I just got the following:

2 Mau

2 Lu

1 Zei

1 Zed

1 Sho

1 Cui

1 5 Dubloon coin

and the rest junk....

I see you are still training in the Swashbuckling Academy. Sell the codestones to fund your training.

@Lady Lyuba

Train L/H/S/D to 40/80/80/80 then train endurance to 123 so that you can save on codestones.

Maybe you're just unlucky.

Try Giant Spectral Mutant Walein.

The other arenas give mostly junk.

Edit: By the way, codestones dropped to around 67k per set now.

I have:

14 Mau

12 Tai-Kai

15 Lu

12 Vo

12 Eo

13 Main

14 Zei

12 Orn

14 Har

14 Bri

2:35 AM NST Feb 8

I'm a little unsure, as my Aisha still does have low stats (in my opinion, anyway). Currently she is at Level 40, with 65 HP, 60 in strength, and is 58 in defense. I'm trying to get her HSD to be 80 in each, and then move up from there. How well do you think she would do with her current stats?

The 55 boost is fine. Just train HP and buy some Dewberry Revivers/Healing Potions.

Try Koi Warrior on Easy.

You should be able to win easily.

If you still don't have one, buy a Blue Scorchstone or if you want to skip Blue Scorchstone, try Greater Healing Scroll.

Continue to train your HSD to have 80 each.