Aaaaaa! A TALKING VIRUS!

Lady Lyuba

I have some virus that TALKS! Every once in a while, female voices will start advertising dieting tips, when I have no video blogs open or running. What the heck!? It's been like this since last night when I had tried to get rid of a virus my bad anti-virus program kept failing to get rid of. With a reboot, virus and spyware scans, and the installation of a much better anti-virus program, I was pretty sure my computer was clean. But no, I have a strange thing that preaches Atkins dieting when I have no such video blogs running. I could have NOTHING running at all and it will still do that. I obviously must have some sort of virus, right? At least it isn't a harmful one, but gods it is annoying!

So...how do I get rid of it?

Are you sure it isn't some sort of ad on a website? A talking virus is really.. Weird O.o I haven't tried Avast myself but others have told me it's good. I like AVG too.

It's also possible that a talking ad popped up somewhere. They're annoying as heck, but not harmful. Does it actually still happen even if you don't have any form of internet open?

I don't think anyone would program a virus to annoy the crap out of its victims with diet ads. =\

It's most likely a mallware and they can be a bit tempermental to get rid of. My best suggestion would be to go to Softpedia and download a free mallware removal and run it in safe mode first and then in regular mode to be sure. That should do the trick.

Are you absolutely sure it's a virus and not something else, such as an advertisement? When it talks..., have you tried opening Task Manager to find a cause of your phenomena?

Perhaps you could run a scan using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware? The free version doesn't provide real-time protection like avast! or Avira, but it has a high-detection rate.

How about: Did you try to restard your computer?

Please don't be upset for this, but I work in IT and it's the most common answer so I have to ask. ><

Are you sure it's coming from your computer? I know it seems simple, but it's happened to me before.

It is, because I have my headphones plugged in and I hear the advertisement directly in my headphones. It's probably malware, like the Google Redirect Virus (I have no idea how I got rid of that.) But it's been this way ever since I restarted my computer the other night, scanned for viruses and added AVG. Could AVG have something to do with it?

I highly suggest to get a specific program for mallware and run it in safe mode like I suggested and then again in regular mode and that should do the trick.

You probably need a different program specifically for Trojans. A real-time scanner would be helpful too and will help keep you from getting viruses.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also experienced this type of virus issue. One's in a while I opened a link and with these links , suddenly a man's voice and song get started and this not stop until I closed the browser.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, you are right. I think in addition to advertisement it also had virus. Cause my computer also got hanged for some time.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.