New Faerie Abilities!

hrtbrk

I hope they aren't going to do a major overhaul of abilities...I'm hoping it will be all the same abilities, maybe add on a few, but you get to increase the level of the ability. (I mean, I know you get to increase the level...but I hope they're not changing it OTHER than that.) I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I doubt that. Both because they're now retired and because it wouldn't make sense to continue giving them out now that they have been replaced.

Retired generally means it wouldn't be available through shops, because you can still get "retired" items from RE like the Neopets 7th Birthday Goodie Bag.

I've read you can still get the bottles from KQ with lead keys.

I keep trying Light + Light + Dark....and it's not working.

Are there any combinations others are seeing doing this?

EDIT

This is happening for any three I'm mixing of the same, or also Light + Light + Air...

Okay, I have been trying to do mixtures with over 25 bottled faeries I had.

From what it seems: I cannot mix any two or three bottles of the same faerie. It ONLY works for me if I do three different faeries.

Combinations so far have been (in case they're not random)....

Light + Air + Water = Fire

Air + Water + Light = Dark

Light + Fire + Air = Water

Dark + Fire + Earth = Unidentified

Dark + Fire + Air = LIght

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

They were random last I checked, and mixing 3 'different' things in the cooking pot is normal so TNT prob just fixed that for the bottles. Then again, that may mean that the combos aren't random any more O.O Someone do a check! I'm all out XD

To the above: I liked that too, but I like these ones. It gives those poor faeries some privacy XD

should i hold on to them for price raise?

i'm asking myself the same thing... i guess i'll hold to that, at the worst case, the price will stay the same..

probbly after the new plot or half a year from now we'll be smarter...

can you still bless ur pets with the old battles?

i'm asking myself the same thing... i guess i'll hold to that, at the worst case, the price will stay the same..

probbly after the new plot or half a year from now we'll be smarter...

can you still bless ur pets with the old battles?

Not so much that we'll be smarter, but we'll know more. It honestly can't hurt to hold onto them.

And no, the old bottles are retired and "the magic is too weak" to bless with them anymore. If you want to use the old ones, you have to mix them in the Cooking Pot to make new ones.

I am not a huge fan of the new art...

Will have to see if the new academy makes up for it.

What I liked about the old art is that it looked like a faerie was living inside a bottle after being captured. It reminded me of Tinker Bell.

I agree Xepha, the new ones, meh. Now if they kept the bottle design and maybe added some detailed pixel art inside the old flasks, that would've been cooler imho. :)

I've got a bunch of bottled faeries in my SDB. i'll probably hold onto them until the new abilties and how to gain them is better known before I decide to either use them or sell them.

I for one, would think it a GIANT RIP-OFF if TNT decided to purge all of the faerie abilities that our pets have already learned. In that case, only those with the saved up old faeries, or the rich in Neopia, could afford to buy them during this hopefully temporary inflation. It wouldn't be fair to newbies or anyone for that matter imho. Again, I said "IF", more to learn before we know for sure I guess.

Well, this is quite an intriguing change. I do think the new art is pretty, though I don't think it's that much better than the old art. I do agree with Xepha that I liked actually seeing the faeries in the bottle.

As for whether or not they'll keep abilities, I doubt it, considering all of the abilities except for Burrow, Sink, and Drain Life were useless. It'll be a welcome change to see this new system. Hopefully, the new abilities will actually have more of an impact, and there will be some equivalent of Burrow, Sink, and Drain Life.

This is all a bit confusing.. but I'm sure I'll figure it out in a couple of months :D But I really like the new artwork. Fancy :)

Edit: Had some Faerie Bottles in my SDB so I went to the Pot and mixed Dark, Air and Light and got Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie bd_botfae1_meta.gifIt's so pretty!

I'm so confused, I should really start reading the news every day, and not just when people start talking about stuff and I have no idea what they mean. But, since the old bottles are retired, I went to collect some incase the price increases dramatically.

I am not a huge fan of the new art...

Will have to see if the new academy makes up for it.

What I liked about the old art is that it looked like a faerie was living inside a bottle after being captured. It reminded me of Tinker Bell.

I agree, that's what I don't like about these new bottles, you can't even tell that there is a faerie inside anymore. The shapes are kinda nice though, but...it just doesn't look like a bottled faerie.

If the original abilities ARE being changed or deleted, this disappoints me. My battle pet didn't have all the original abilities yet!