Better "Plot"Training: Item, Codestone or Dubloon?

Okay. So lately, training items as well as weapons have been subjected to major inflation due to plot (speculation).

Codestones have been increasing for around 200 nps per day. Bubbling Fungus went from 70k to near unbuyable. Armoured Neggs changed from 30k to around 40k nowdays. Dubloons on the other hand have remained near stable.

Kitchen Quests remain variable - you might spend 10k-30k on items that'll just give stats to the wrong pet XD

So right now, in anticipation of the plot, what would be the cheapest way for training?

I'll try to list down pros and cons.

Item Training

Pros

• Fast way of training stats
  • Immediate effects are seen
  • No need for leveling up (so that's one less stat to worry about)
  • Possibly cheaper because you can restock most of the items you need from Neopian Shops (Neggs from Food Shop, Potions from Kaylas Potion Shop)
  • Pretty much stable when giving

Cons

• A tad bit expensive per stat point

School Training (Codestones)

Pros

• A bit cheaper per stat point
  • An alright source of items from Key Quest, Battledome prizes etc.
  • The source is a bit more accessible (since you don't have to compete to get the items unlike in restocking
  • Chance for a *BONUS*

Cons

• Takes a lot of time
  • Level drains neopoints as well

So what do you guys think? I'm all for Item Training and Codestone training. But which one would probably be better in anticipation of this new development of inflation and plot speculation? :D

(PS: I'm currently doing dubloon training because I'm poor :D)

Honestly it all depends on your pets current stats. If I was to hoard my Neggs and turn them in at the Neggery for a n Armoured Negg I wouldn't benefit from it because I would have to level up like crazy just to even everything out again. for people with lab pets that training at the school's is ridiculous and not worth it, using items too boost points is ok. But if you're poor and can still use the Pirate Academy, that's about your best bet. It may take longer over there per stat point, but it's far less cheaper than buying Codestones and training at Mystery Island.

I'm not sure about what is cheaper and more beneficial that way - but what works for me is training in the Academy just before I go to bed so that in 10 hours I can finish the course. Then any training I am able to do throughout the day I go to the Mystery Island School and I finish every 3 hours there. :)

I made the decision by calculating how much I would pay per stat point. If I had a pet that was level 101 and I wanted to train strength, each stat point would cost me 5 codestones. Even with codestone prices as they are, that's not more than 50k, which is definitely less per point than the much more variable Bubbling Fungus or the expensive Altador Strength Potion. On the other hand, if I wanted to train defense, I might consider Armoured Neggs, because 50k is more expensive than the 40k they're going for now. (Although 50k is a high estimate for 5 codestones, since not all codestones are up to 10k now.)

I have a lab rat, so not only would my stats cost me a lot per point, but I'd have to put in a big investment to my level just to be able to train anything else. That's why I do item training: because it's actually cheaper for me. For anyone who can train at the schools, training is probably cheaper per point, except maybe for defense.

Thanks a lot guys. I'm kinda double taking my training right now but I've decided to go ahead (again) with codestone/dubloon training. I tried 3 Bubbling Fungus just to get +1 Strength. Yikes. Anyways, thanks a lot! :D

Well. What I was doing was training with codestones for 3 hours through out the day. (which costs me 2 codestones, about 15-20k) Training at the academy for me cost 4k give or take, and takes 8 hours to train. For now, I think I'm sticking with the academy. I mean, I can't keep paying 15-20k per stat right now, I'm so unbelieveably poor. :( lol.