Collateral Changes

Ali Cat

Hi all,

Because of recent market price changes, many of our items have undergone collateral changes. Both big-ticket and smaller items were affected, but I will only mention the big-ticket ones here since they had the biggest change.

Meowclops - Lowered to 13,000,000

Zafara Double Agent Plushie - Lowered to 6,500,000

Chokato (TCG) - Lowered to 3,000,000

Both Faerie Queen Doll and Icy Snowflake, the remaining two big-ticket items, had no collat change. :) Be sure to check the collat for smaller items before requesting a lend since many of those underwent collateral changes as well!

Hope everyone enjoys these lowered collats,

ALP Team

The collateral set for our high-ticket items are over market price, to prevent people from not returning them (we've had issues with this before) and since the Meowclops is the most expensive on the list, its collat is also highest off of the current market price.

Also, one of our Meowclops happens to be a Plushie Meowclops, which has a higher market value. Because of this, our overall collat is a whee bit higher to account for the Plushie Meowclops.

I was wondering about that actually. It seems a lot of people who lend meowclops do so by having it attached to a pet. I'm not sure if this would possibly make it less likely to get stolen? Probably not, but just figured I'd ask because I was curious why so many lenders on the boards do it that way.

The primary reason is the ability to charge collateral. If we lent the Meowclops on a pet, it would be considered a pet lend, and the Neopets T&C forbids any sort of payment or collateral for a pet, regardless of any petpets or clothes on the pet, or it's color or species. Since the Meowclops is VERY expensive and does not have an age requirement (it merely needs to be attached), we prefer to lend it as an item and run a far lesser risk of losing it to someone overtaken by greed, or at least have the means to replace it on hand should someone do that.

People on the boards likely lend on their pets as it's easier to keep track of if a petpet is still on the pet/account if it's attached, as they likely lend for free or reduced collat more often since sending that much is a huge hassle. They'd be in the hole some to get a new one if they wanted one, while we need one for the ALP and if it vanished without means to replace it we'd have an issue.

The primary reason is the ability to charge collateral. If we lent the Meowclops on a pet, it would be considered a pet lend, and the Neopets T&C forbids any sort of payment or collateral for a pet, regardless of any petpets or clothes on the pet, or it's color or species. Since the Meowclops is VERY expensive and does not have an age requirement (it merely needs to be attached), we prefer to lend it as an item and run a far lesser risk of losing it to someone overtaken by greed, or at least have the means to replace it on hand should someone do that.

People on the boards likely lend on their pets as it's easier to keep track of if a petpet is still on the pet/account if it's attached, as they likely lend for free or reduced collat more often since sending that much is a huge hassle. They'd be in the hole some to get a new one if they wanted one, while we need one for the ALP and if it vanished without means to replace it we'd have an issue.

I feel so dumb for not thinking of that! lol. Makes much more sense now. There are a lot of people on the boards who lend meowy through pet chains for free and I can't for the life of me understand why they would do that. I mean, it just seems like people would have their pet/meowclops stolen fairly easily that way. Does TNT do anything for people who have their things stolen? I'm assuming not. I'm not even sure if TNT likes it that people lend out items/pets? Is it just an "at your own risk" type of thing? Just sounds so risky to me unless you are super rich.

So long as there's an agreement on the site between two users that the pet is to be returned or sent to someone else, TNT can and will freeze people who try and keep lent pets. This doesn't get anyone their pet back, but it does provide incentive for people to pass it on/return it. This is why the pet lending communication is done via NM- the acceptance and agreement is done on the site so if anything should happen it would fall under that blanket agreement rule.

If you have that many nps, I don't see why people just don't buy it themselves. Say you give this person 13mill and they transfer over that pet with the petpet, what if when you send it back they don't give you your nps back? I guess either way its risky! I'm no where near 13mill though, so I guess I don't have to worry about that lol.

You have to remember these collats are baseline. We lower it according to various factors for each person.

If someone were to have enough to buy one outright, they might choose to receive a lend because then they wouldn't have to go to the hassle of finding someone willing to sell one to them, then go through the auction, and then if they just wanted the av but don't want to keep the petpet, they'd have to go to the trouble of finding someone to SELL it to, and then another auction, and in the end they'd likely have a net loss after the Meowy has been passed on. Lends, on the other hand, are fairly easy to find if you have full collat, and you're guaranteed no net loss in the end with minimal hassle.

If you have that many nps, I don't see why people just don't buy it themselves. Say you give this person 13mill and they transfer over that pet with the petpet, what if when you send it back they don't give you your nps back? I guess either way its risky! I'm no where near 13mill though, so I guess I don't have to worry about that lol.

Right, exactly what Anime said. Also, you should never give collateral to a person for a pet/petpet lend, to ensure that your np's don't get stolen. It's against the rules to ask for "collateral" for a pet. If you are doing an item lend, you can simply use the TP or the auctions, which is virtually risk free. Especially if you are using tdn. :)

There's a little bit of a wait. Looking at the request list, it appears you're third. We do have multiple lenders for the plushie now, but things do come up that cause delays. I know a couple of our lenders are currently super busy right now with work and school and I believe one of the plushies is currently being held up in a lend. We lend as fast as we can though. Someone will contact you as soon as they have the item for you and as you're near the top of the list, it shouldn't be extraordinarily long.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact hrtbrk if you have any questions regarding this action.