What to do here and now?

Hey gang....

A plot is afoot...and I am not so very well prepared (yah, yah, yah, I know...it is my own fault).

I was wondering if y'all could tell me what is best to do RIGHT now.

I have about 1.5 - 2 million 'disposable' nps on hand.

My Stats are:

Level: 98

Hit Points: 138 / 172

Strength: 224

Defence: 131
Movement: 88
Intelligence: 151

My Weapons are:

Ylanas Blaster

Hansos Charisma Charm

Greater Healing Scroll

Snowglobe Staff

Scroll of Knowledge x2

Scarab Ring

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

My questions are:

With such short notice, what should I do?

If I train at the Academy, what should I train?

Do I need different weapons? If so, what would you recommend?

Which of my existing weapons would you replace your recommendation with?

Is there anything else I can do to better prepare with such 'short notice'?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers!

(that preview clip at the Dig site has me totally jazzed!)

Hey hey dude! I know that feeling! I'm super excited too :) But I think you're prepared than I am really! :D

Okay, I'll answer your questions one by one. Thank you for giving your budget and existing set. It's much easier to give advice this way :)

If I train at the Academy, what should I train?

- I think you can't train at the academy any more dude, because your level is much higher. I think you can still train at the Mystery Island Training School though, so go there. Codestones are now super inflated but if you're willing to spend the cash, go ahead :) I suggest you definitely train your STRENGTH because you're so close to a new strength boost (train it to 250, then train to higher) :) Same with your defense.

Do I need different weapons? If so, what would you recommend? Which of my existing weapons would you replace your recommendation with?

- Well, with regards to your stats, I have a number of suggestion for you. Since you have two mil, I definitely suggest you sell (or keep them in your SDB, depends on you) your Scroll of Knowledges and Scarab Ring. At your pet's current level, you'll need more powerful weapons indeed. Buy a better constant - definitely another (near)13-iconer like Ylanas Blaster, Brynns Sword of Wraith Smiting, Altador Cup Throwing Star, Wand of Reality, and Bow of Destiny or to the 14-iconer the Dr. Sloth Personal Bath Buddy. This alone drains your budget though, but you'll certainly deal more damage.

Also, you can sell your Snowglobe Staff and you can upgrade to the likes of Randomly Firing Freeze Ray (which is much more effective, but is inflated).

Your healer is pretty good, but I'd definitely suggest either Everlasting Crystal Apple (heals 30HP, multi-use and lets you see opponent's weapons), Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic (defends a few icons + 75HP heal; disappears after use) or Crisp Blue Tunic (steals 100HP from opponent, heals it to you. There are requirements and strategies for this, please check the Battlepedia for more details). But all of those are not currently in your budget,so the Greater Healing Scroll suffices.

For shields, you definitely picked a good one - Parasol of Unfortunate Demise is pretty nice. Though with your strength boost, I suggest you get a Leaf Shield or a Sophies Magic Hat (which would work really well for your pet, since you have a relatively high defense boost).

I would advise that you get the 50% reflectors. They're pretty nice once you know your opponent's weapons :D

Keep the Ylanas Blaster and Hanso Charisma Charm 'til you can upgrade to much better.

For other dual-duties, you can check out Rusty Pitchfork. For other weaponry, definitely get Downsize! because it's gonna be uber helpful. I promise!

For bombs, Ghostkerbomb's really the only way to go. Though others would go to get a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo or a Honey Potion. It's up to you :) Feel free to get the 15-icon muffins, or a Swift Darkfire Negg Bomb, though they are one-use.

Is there anything else I can do to better prepare with such 'short notice'?

- Well, unless you're willing to cash out a few million neopoints more, then no.

Item Training is the fastest way of training but is relatively draining for the bank account. You can try using Armoured Neggs to increase your pet's defense stat by 1 point, Bubbling Fungus to possibly increase (or decrease) your pet's strength stat, Altador Strength Potion to increase your strength stat by 5 points, Sneggs to increase your pet's HP and movement by 1-2 points or just try Scratchcards to increase level.

Spending money on weaponry is also another way of preparing. You can get a Hidden Tower Set if you had the neopoints to spare and you can sell them just as easily. But definitely, you're gonna be spending millions.

Basically, with such short notice and with only a handful of neopoints and inflation on the brink of the Neoconomy (I just made that term up XD) , there's not really much you can do but wait and see.

Awesome! Thank you for your detailed reply...it is very very much appreciated.

So, Strength to 250 should be my first training goal...then Defense to same.

As budget allows...look for :

Brynns Sword of Wraith Smiting or Dr. Sloth Personal Bath Buddy,

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray,

Sophies Magic Hat,

Downsize!,

Ghosterbomb

Thank you again...you went above and beyond...Cheers! :D

Train to increase your health points as quickly as you can.

Something that seems to be overlooked in recent answers, is that healing potions go crazy during a war, and no telling what they will go for during the battle.

Buy as many at the healing springs as you can, you might want to horde a few.

Your stats are high enough that you would have had a good run during the Wraith War, so luck be with you on this battle.

I'm less impressed at the advice people give about shields, but then again most people here didn't do twenty years of service with more than a few months of course work on military strategy.

The shield that you use, is dependent upon the foe that you are in combat. M-1 tanks are nearly useless in Afghanistan, HCC is nearly worthless against a foe like the Space Faerie.

You can either do one or two strategies. Either try to horde a collection of situational shields, or be ready to buy some inflated shields that are appropriate for the foe that you battling.

Personally, I have Sophies Magic Hat, Patched Magic Hat, Shiny Shoal Shield, Red Velvet Cloak, Royal Blue Cape, Parchment Cloak, Yooyuball Goal Net Shield and Parasol of Unfortunate Demise. Each is reserved based upon potential opponents.

Now there are two strategies to take before entering the battle. To use advance game's theory to pick the "best" strategy is incredibly complicated, and likely the randomness of the battle will make you choice a gamble anyway.

The first strategy is to look at your opponents weapons, sum up all the icons that they can attack with, and then pick the shield that will block the majority of these summed icons.

The second strategy is to assume that a shield is only useful for the last round of combat, when you need to defend enough to survive the battle, least you take another worthless tie out of the contest. In this case you want to assume that your foe is going to throw their strongest weapon at you. This is a modified risk minimization technique.

Take for example Space Faerie there are significant weapons.

Wand of the Space Faerie 2 fire 2 light 2 dark .5-2 physical

Exploding Space Wand 5 fire physical 0.5 -5

Space Faerie Sun Wand 5-10 light

Space Faerie Helmet 3 fire 3 light

Strategy 1

Total icons are 10 fire, 10 light, 7 phy, 2 dark. You pick a shield that is a combo against light and fire.

Strategy 2. Both Space Faerie Sun Wand and Exploding Space Wand will inflict the maximum damage so you want to protect against as much light or fire as possible,

Now a combo battle mirror would be nice, so would Glowing Cauldron.

Prickly potion isn't going to cut it,

Dual Battle Mirror or Turbo Flame reflector will win you some battles.

Both Royal Blue, Black long sleeved cape and Wander's Cloak would be good for Strategy 1, both blocking 3 fire and 3 light. Sophies Magic Hat also fits the general strategy choice.

Personally, I choose to protect against the terminating light event. A combination Dual Battle Mirror and Patched Magic Hat works very well if you are in that final round where you'll be cheered or be smeared.

Thank you, coltom...there is a lot in that answer to absorb!

My current dilemma is thus:

Here are my complete stats, copy/pasted:

Species: Gelert

Colour: Shadow

Health: 113 / 172

Mood: delighted!

Hunger: bloated

Strength: ULTIMATE (224)

Defence: LEGENDARY (131)

Move: AMAZING (88)

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (151)

I tried to train on Strength and got this:

Error: No statistic can go above twice your pet's level (98 * 2 = 196). Your highest statistic is currently Attack at 224. Please increase the level of your pet first!

Sooo...I figured I would train on Defence...and got:

Error: No statistic can go above twice your pet's level (98 * 2 = 196). Your highest statistic is currently Attack at 224. Please increase the level of your pet first!

??? The same error code even though it is for a different stat? What am I missing? I see in my Stats that my Defence is 131...so I figured I would be able to train since that is below my Levelx2. But, Nooooooo...I cannot train...why does the 224 apply to my Defence training?

So confused.

o_O

My current dilemma is thus:

Here are my complete stats, copy/pasted:

Species: Gelert

Colour: Shadow

Health: 113 / 172

Mood: delighted!

Hunger: bloated

Strength: ULTIMATE (224)

Defence: LEGENDARY (131)

Move: AMAZING (88)

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (151)

I tried to train on Strength and got this:

Sooo...I figured I would train on Defence...and got:

??? The same error code even though it is for a different stat? What am I missing? I see in my Stats that my Defence is 131...so I figured I would be able to train since that is below my Levelx2. But, Nooooooo...I cannot train...why does the 224 apply to my Defence training?

So confused.

o_O

The Training Academy's rule is you have to train your level to be at least half of your highest stat, and regardless of what that stat is, you can't train any other stat until you increase your level. Since your highest stat is strength, you have to train your level to be at least half of your strength, and you can't train anything else until you do. If your highest stat was defense, you would have to have a level that's at least half of your defense, and you wouldn't be able to train HP, strength, or movement either.

Ahhhh...I processed that incorrectly. I thought it was just half the level of whatever stat you were trying to increase.

Thank you!

Guess I will work on training Endurance and just keep using the Faerie Cookies for now.

Cheers! :D

So confused.

o_O

Aye, I was known to drive more than a few JOs crazy.

In simpler terms, if you were to carry either an HCC or Leaf Shield into a battle with an opponent like the Space Fairie, than you might as well be carrying a life preserver into the desert.