Do the videos affect your choice on which team more?

Alishkah

This could be an extremely stupid question, but eh, i was just wondering what reasons are behind your choice of which team to pick to fight for. The sway video impressed me the most. Are the videos affecting your choice?

Only in the sense that the videos give you the idea of the theme of your team. I'm all about brainpower, so I'm going for the Seekers.

Well, I'm avoiding the Awakened because *shudder* zombies.... But other then that I had to look at the other five and decide what characteristics I liked best. Knowledge, power, agility, brute force or magic. I decided I liked magic best but knowledge and brute force both came in a close second.

The Sway seemed pretty scary to me. I mean, look at that Krawk on the wall. They obviously tortured him to get information, which seemed quite... mature, considering you can't even say 'cucumber', 'grape', 'skill' or 'basement' on the boards or in a private message. <_<

Though I am leaning towards the Order of the Red Erism because they are magic-y and such. I do like the Seekers because they're the only group that is really thinking logically about the obelisk. And the Thieves Guild... I kinda have a slight crush on Kanrik :*

I think the Awakened is just in this for the 'cake' (read: dead bodies).

He could just be there so he can't tell anyone else... XD Yes, I am defending the Sway, they can't be 'that' evil can they?

If you read the description under their video, yes. A thousand times yes.

"The Sway
So enigmatic, they might be just a rumour... But to be safe, you should probably stop reading this now. Even the Meepits fear them."
How bad does someone have to be for Meepits to be afraid of them?

If you read the description under their video, yes. A thousand times yes.

"The Sway
So enigmatic, they might be just a rumour... But to be safe, you should probably stop reading this now. Even the Meepits fear them."
How bad does someone have to be for Meepits to be afraid of them?

Very. So much very that you, and everyone you know (plus some people that you don't know), dies instantaneously because of it. And all their dogs die too, but not their kittens, because the cats and kittens have enough cuteness to withstand the evil of the Sway. Eventually, this results in everything except the Sway and the cats being dead, and there is a huge war between the cats and the Sway. After a long, hard battle, the cats emerge victorious, covered in dust with many casualties. Society needs rebuilding, but this is a difficult task due to the vastly reduced population of cats and the defeated remaining members of the Sway who have turned and decided to join the cats. After about 900 years, humanity (or felinity, as we now call it) has been rebuilt, better than ever before. The population is more stable, every being is treated equally and scientists have figured out a way to recreate all the species that were lost in the legendary battle eons ago, plus some that were extinct long before that time. They have tried multiple times to open the obelisk, which remains stubbornly closed... until now.

One night, the night of January 1, 900 ATO (After the Obelisk) to be exact, a massive beam of light shot from the top of the obelisk just like on that fateful night, long, long ago when the earthquake struck.

Every person in Neopia was there, gathered from everywhere and Kreludor to witness the exciting event. The six symbols on the obelisk began to glow brightly, dim at first but steadily increasing until nobody could look at it, including the blind.

Suddenly, the obelisk split like the petals of a flower, slowly folding down until they were flat on the ground. In the center of the obelisk, there was a small pedestal... with a small note written on it. The leader of Neopia, Cattie DiFeline, walked forward slowly and reverently towards the pedestal. What was on the note? people wondered. Is it instructions on what this obelisk does? The reason Neopia was created? The meaning of life? All the secrets of everything, ever?

Cattie DiFeline picked up the note. Others crowded around to see the ancient, crumbling note. Those who could not see leaned in eagerly, straining their ears to hear every word of this strange note.

With a very puzzled look on her face, Cattie DiFeline read aloud, loud and clear so everyone could hear:

"Yeah, just wanted to let you know that we hated this site, and this was our way of saying 'screw you'. Signed, Adam & Donna." A small, but accurately drawn, trollface was scribbled on the bottom of the note.

tl;dr The Sway is so evil, only the cats can survive their pure evil. There is a huge battle between the cats and the Sway, and society has to be reborn. Then Adam and Donna troll all of us.

The videos are definitely affecting my choice. Characters and their backstories are one of the things I don't really follow on the site so I don't know if all these factions are new on or they've been previously involved in other storylines. So the videos have introduced me to who they are, their motivations, what they stand for, etc. I'm not a fan of the spooky, creepy looks so after watching the videos I know the Awakened isn't the team for me. I'm still not sure which faction I'm siding with, but the videos have helped me narrow down the options.

I'd say so, in that they both summarize what each team is "about" and also show off the aesthetics of each group - The Sway were an easy choice for me to make, since they're obviously based on the Illuminati/Freemasons and I actually studied conspiracy theories and hoaxes in college, so I love that kind of stuff. :D

Yes. I chose the order because They want to protect it from those who would use it wrongly and to control the power. I almost went with the seekers though just because they might have the knowledge to protect it without magic.

Hard to say...I think it was more to tell the viewer about these other factions and what they may want to do with it. The Sway video kinda made me shudder, the Awakened video freaked me out (But I LOVED it!), the Brute was...meh, and while I do like the Thieves Guild, the Seekers and the Order seemed to be the only two who were after the obelisk for good reasons. The Order appears to know what they are doing, and are probably wanting to control the obelisk for the greater good, and the Seekers only want to know more about it.

If anything, the videos show what they are after, their alignment, and what they might use it for.

Well, I was actually interested in the Thieves Guild at first, but than I saw the Sway Video and they captured one of the thieves that appeared the Thieves Guild video. That made me rethink my decision because I don't want to be in such a backstabing guild, i suppose.

But the Sway looks like a neopets representation of the Illuminati. It's pretty, cool, but order and rules are not my hobby.

The Seekers seem even more boring (no offence) because they don't want to fight but to just research.

The Brute Squad sounds like just a bunch of brutes without brains and a plan. Not very appealing in my opinion.

The Awakened literately a have no brains, but they can't lose in this war because all they are looking for is fun and the chance to kill.

Anddd this is why I don't think I am getting anywhere with this. Help?

The Order of Red Erisim is a power hungry guild lead by a insane and powerful sorcerer. They think that they can control the Artifact with their limitless magic, but what happens if the Artifact is not entirely magical? It would mean they they cannot control it at all.

Yep, the video sparked my interest in the Sway. I'm all for mysterious secret societies meddling in the world's affairs. Was severely influenced by Dan Brown. Lol!

The videos are what sold me on my faction, for sure (the Sway). In theory, I'd lean towards a group like the Seekers--I'm a total nerd who likes the idea of being on the team that cares about knowledge. But the Sway's mystery and intrigue absolutely convinced me to go with them.

I think all the videos were done really excellently - far above what I expected from neopets actually. It surprised me how they sparked my interest and I found myself sort of giddy about each faction. I also loved that you had to really watch each of the videos to understand the backstory, and that you couldn't just assume it in one category - like the Order is about magic, but it's more about controlling the obelisk. And while the Seekers are about intelligence, they are more about protecting and maintaining it so that they can study it without damaging it.

I LOVE the Awakened, but I don't know if I could throw Javito into that xD I love the Seekers, but in all honesty, I don't know how they'd play in the full picture of everything. But... AHHH.

I JUST DON'T KNOW. Lol.

I used the videos to get an idea of which faction would be the best fit for my battle pet. She's pretty dapper, but she isn't too clever. She wouldn't fit in with the Seekers or Brute Squad. The Order of the Red Erisim and the Sway wouldn't be good for her, even if I think the aesthetic would appeal to her. If my pets took a vote, I could see them ending up with the Awakened. Two of them would enjoy running around causing chaos with zombies, and the third would think it was one of the safer options.

My second concern is how much I like the factions. I wasn't too keen on the Brute Squad or the Order of the Red Erisim, because they are the two teams I would join if this was an RPG. The others were a little more unique. There seems to be an okay overlap between the Awakened and Maraqua, so I'll recognize some people from the Altador Cup if I decide to chat on the neoboards. Even though I think I'll have a hard time not buying the wearables associated with all of the teams, I could use some more spooky stuff.