Official Seekers Discussion Thread

Lydia Trebond

I joined the Seekers, too. Now that the Neopedia pages are up, I realize I might have considered the Brute Squad (because I bet a lot of the big battlers joined them, which could help their chances, and they have an altruistic goal, too). But I still like the Seekers, so I'll just have to fight as much as I can and help us win.

Less than 24 hours! My battle pet is armed, trained (just got the 600 str and 600 def boosts yesterday), and schooled; she was smart enough to have a large stockpile of healing potions and a small one of thick smoke bombs and jade elixirs.

I do hope we have some puzzles as well as battles. It'd be neat if we unleashed something that all of us would have to work together to conquer. Besides, the battlers always get to fight in puzzle plots, so it's only fair that we puzzlers get to puzzle at least a little in a war, right?

Hello fellow Seekers!! Yay for nerd solidarity!

Did anyone else here do a fist pump every time the whole room jumps up and cheers at the end of the Seekers video?

I am excited to get to use my battle pet, I have been training her for a year in hopes that it would come in handy for a plot like this... :) So I hope that choosing this group doesn't exclude me from battling somehow... although I like puzzles too! :)

I also joined The Seekers, even though I liked all of the factions at least a little. For science!

So I hope that choosing this group doesn't exclude me from battling somehow... although I like puzzles too! :)

This was in the Editorial this week: "This is a war, and all sides will be battling for the obelisk. Your experience will not be altered by your faction selection." So no worries, everyone gets to battle. :)

I've managed to do the 40 fights needed to fill up my 'doing your part' bar, but it was a bit of a mission.

Google Chrome I couldn't get to work at all, IE froze after every fight... :( Using Firefox I managed to get things working, but there were still loads of bugs. Some fights took me three goes to beat the opponent, even though I was hitting for 240hp+ every time :O Didn't matter this time as the opponents are so weak, but could be critical when the tougher opponents arrive.

Only good thing is that we get healed after every battle :D

TNT seriously need better bandwidth and more servers...

Does anyone know what the cap is total for the day? I know we have the 40 first ones and the bar but just total cap.

Side note... TNT should have tried a little harder with knowing that they were going to have this many people in the BD at the same time. Fix the bugs!!!

EDIT: Forgot what I was here for. Is there some special way to get the RE for the challengers. I have been refreshing at the Obelisk for awhile now and still haven't gotten one.

Can't wait for the next round to begin! I got so into the whole Battledome thing yesterday, made some changes in the equipment of my pets, learned some abilities and so on. My lab zapped pets are so weak in defence that I need to equip them with shields mostly :D I want more faeries in bottles.

Anyway, it is a buggy thing. For example the achievements expected me to change the customization of the pet and this is something I am unable to do from quite some time, because the Chrome crashes there every time, so I needed another computer in order to do that. The things I do for neopets..

Can't wait for the next round to begin! I got so into the whole Battledome thing yesterday, made some changes in the equipment of my pets, learned some abilities and so on. My lab zapped pets are so weak in defence that I need to equip them with shields mostly :D I want more faeries in bottles.

Anyway, it is a buggy thing. For example the achievements expected me to change the customization of the pet and this is something I am unable to do from quite some time, because the Chrome crashes there every time, so I needed another computer in order to do that. The things I do for neopets..

I had to use my second neopet for the head thingy... my main pet cannot wear anything as it is mutated...

Actually, you're probably better off attacking like crazy with higher-icon weapons than using shields if your strength and HP are high vs. your defense. For example, if you've got the x7 str but only x2 def, that means a 13-icon attack will take 91 HP from your enemy (assuming he doesn't defend), while a 13-icon shield will only save you from losing 26 HP. If you need defense, look at full blockers (such as Hanso Charisma Charm, which attacks 10 icons but blocks all dark) or things that don't rely on your boost (such as downsize!, which blocks half of one attack per battle; single-use thick smoke bombs, which block all of one attack per battle; and reflectors, which reflect a certain percentage of an attack back on your enemy instead -- but many of which are fragile and could break permanently -- check out artisan lens and expert lens for non-fragile cheaper reflectors).

I managed to hit all the win limits in TFR using double Ylanas blasters and the above defensive strategies; my leaf shield wasn't blocking enough for the stronger enemies to be helpful. I found that I needed to end the battles as quickly as possible, and leaf shield made me go an extra round (because it kept me from using one of the blasters) but didn't save me enough HP to last that extra round.

I managed to beat each baddie 47 times yesterday (I was trying to even things up and kept getting faction challenges). Today, I think I'll refresh periodically and do any challenges I get, and then try to even things up again at the end of the day.

Also, pick up some "cheap" all blockers - Altadorian Sword Breaker, Parasol of Unfortunate Demise etc. My BD pet is a labbie I'm working on evening out and Crimson (BP team here) told me that my defense was too weak to bother with a shield!

I did all of my "for profit" battling today against one enemy and plan on evening them up later :D

Uhoh, I just peeked into the Sway chat, and they're racking up a ton of extra wins (with more against the Seekers). Overachievers.

But I guess I'd better get busy, too!

I'd guess based upon past performance that extra wins will not change the plot points, but I sort of glad that I got all my wins today against the sway.

Fighting meaningless battles is not overachieving, its just a sign of immaturity.

The meaningful battles will be against the latter foes, and people need to be training and getting all the fae ability that they can. We'll win based upon sound preparation not the grunts and swagger of fools that have not yet mastered standing erect.

-Colonel-