Official Seekers Discussion Thread

Lydia Trebond

Katalina, what are your stats and weapons? Maybe we can offer some advice. By changing things just a little, you might be able to at least complete the second wave. Do you have the static cling ability yet? It's free.

I've tried Static Cling, but I checked the fight logs whenever a battle is happening and according to the log it didn't seem to do any damage (it only "clings" instead, whatever that means), so I switched to Halitosis.

My Neopets HP is 29, with Attack at 27, Defense at 18, Agility at 17, and Intelligence at 49.

My weapons are Kougra Claws, Gilded Kougra Mask, Silver Chest Plate, Really Big Chunk of Ice, Exploding Powder, Golden Mage Robe, Cursed Wand of Darkness, and Magical Healing Potion.

I've tried Static Cling, but I checked the fight logs whenever a battle is happening and according to the log it didn't seem to do any damage (it only "clings" instead, whatever that means), so I switched to Halitosis.

My Neopets HP is 29, with Attack at 27, Defense at 18, Agility at 17, and Intelligence at 49.

My weapons are Kougra Claws, Gilded Kougra Mask, Silver Chest Plate, Really Big Chunk of Ice, Exploding Powder, Golden Mage Robe, Cursed Wand of Darkness, and Magical Healing Potion.

Ahem, Katalina, those are not very good weapons, the only one I would keep would be the Magical Healing Potion. My daughter has Kougras too, but the weapons they provide that are species specific are crud. Put the Claws into your safety deposit box. I'm sending you two Rid heavy battle hammers.

The Witch does not have any shields worth concerning yourself with. Her strongest weapon is that Ancient Gnarled Wand. Strangely, the Warriors Rectangle Shield almost completely blocks that down. The Battle hammers will go passed her shields. You might stick with halitosis because she has shields against light, her second strongest weapon the Laced Wooden Staff will block light, so stick with the bad breath.

This should get you a few more wins, good luck.

P.S. I went to grad school with the neatness Katalina (she was from Mexico City). Ahhh, the memories.

Static cling should do 3 icons of light damage every single turn. Try it again? The light icon is very... light, and sometimes if my laptop screen isn't tilted optimally, it appears invisible. It's better than either of the other two free ones, so if you can only afford the free ones, get static cling and use it every single turn. (Unless they have a shield against light like Coltom said, then pick the free one based on who you're battling and what they can't defend against, but choose static cling if all else is equal.)

You're 8 trainings from the next boost (which will amplify your attack 1.5x vs. the 1.25x you're getting now; after that, you'd be 20 away from the next boost). Your defense is only 2 away from the next boost (1.25x vs. your current 1x; after that, you'd be 15 from the next boost). What's your level?

Kougra claw attacks 2F 2E 1-2P.
Gilded Kougra Mask attacks 2L, defends 2D.
Silver chest plate attacks 2A 2E, 0.2-2P.
Really big chunk of ice attacks 2W 0.3-3P.
Exploding powder attacks 2F 2L (and is once per battle).
Golden mage robe defends 3A.
Cursed wand of darkness shadow attacks 2E 2D 2P.
Magical Healing potion heals 15 (once per battle).

Okay, a lot of these are pretty bad and could be upgraded. Your healer covers 50% of your HP right now, which isn't terrible, but at your level, every HP counts. Lesser healing scrolls would heal 25, but they're 90k (which is very inflated, but it really could help). The snowager sword is currently about 3k, and it attacks 2W 2A 3P and defends 3F -- that's better than any offensive weapon you have, and its defense is as good as any you have! You could get two of them and use them as your main weapons. The famous scarab ring is only 4.5k and attacks 2W 2D 2P and defends 3F 3P; again, many people use 2. An oversized maractite rune sword attacks 3W 2L 2P and defends 3W, and is currently 12k. For 9 icons of attack, ridiculously heavy battle hammers are now ~7k each (again, you could get 2 if you wanted pure offense, or pair one with a dual-duty that attacks and defends). If you can afford it, a scarab ring + oversized maractite ruin sword would give you 5W 2D 2L 4P attack and defense against 3F 3W 3P, or 13 attack icons and 9 defense icons per turn for ~16-17k.

Golden geraptiku talisman attacks 3D and defends 3D 3E; for 25NP, it's much better than anything you've currently got for a shield -- and it could help against certain baddies who deal earth or lots of dark, when paired with a scarab ring or maractite sword. Elegant jewelled robe defends 3F 3E 3D for 1.5k (and would likewise fill in defensive holes). Other defensive options: expert lens (1NP, not fragile, reflects 50% of light back on your attacker), double dryer (3k, reflects 50% air, fragile), ultradark reflectorb (reflects 50% dark, fragile), shovel plus (reflects 50% earth, fragile), super u-bend (reflects 50% water, fragile), turbo flame reflector (reflects 50% fire, fragile). Use the fragile reflectors only when you really need to (choosing which to equip based on who you're battling and what their heavy-hitters are), and you might want to buy a few in case they break (you may want to only get the ones for icons for which you don't already have a good defense). For a bit more money, a parasol of unfortunate demise is ~20k, and it defends against all L and 3 W 1.4-5 E.

Quite frankly, I would sell everything you've got now, while prices are inflated, with the exception of the magical healing potion (unless you can afford to upgrade, in which case, sell it now!). The above that I've listed mostly haven't inflated too horribly, because there are a fair number on the market. If you have even more money to spend, you could look at things like scroll of the scholar or scroll of knowledge.

Based on your budget, you can definitely get better weapons. If you choose to go with an offense-only strategy (e.g., ridiculously heavy battle hammers supplemented with reflectors), your defense won't matter, and you should train strength. If you get any of the dual duties or shields, train defense first to hit 20. Then train strength to 35, then increase your HP to 2x level (note: if you can't train strength without training level, train HP first). Then see how much time is left in the war.

Hopefully you'll be able to afford at least a few of these upgrades and beat the second wave!

ETA: I forgot to mention, I've been getting a ton of stone muffins in the BD. These are decent "bombs," so hold on to them until you really really need them to progress. If you run out, let your fellow Seekers know. ;)

Personally I would recommend Scarab ring, which is only about 5k, a Rainbow Scroll (12k), and a Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer (I can send you one, no big deal) and if you can afford it, the Parasol of Unfortunate Demise (25-30k).

However, the best you can do is improve your pet HP. Good luck!

(I wish I hand't sold that leaf shield, that would have been really useful for you now...)

Thank you so much for the advice! My current level is 12, but I've been training it up to 13 as the various schools won't let me train anything else unless my level is up. (This is what I get for being lazy and pretty much allowing Coltzan to do the leveling for me.) I'm going through my SDB to sell through my shop right now, and I'm now selling off a few codestones I won't be needing through the auction.

I want to really thank Coltom for providing the weapons! That is very generous and I really appreciate it. :crying_blow:

Fortunately, I already have a few weapons suggested and gotten lucky and found a Golden Geraptiku Talisman for 1 NP; along with other weapons around the 2000 to 5000 NP price range.

As of right now, here is my new improved weapons list for my Kougra:

Magical Healing Potion

Snowager Sword

Scarab Ring

Elegant Jeweled Robe

Warriors Reflector Shield

and two Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammers

In addition there are the two abilities of Halitosis and Bandage.

We'll see how it works! And thank you so much for your help!

EDIT: I defeated the Hedgewitch! :D Thanks again everyone!

The Warrior's shield is only really good against the Hedgewitch, as it blocks her main weapon. You might want to find some other shield for the other opponents.

The Rid heavy battle hammers were pretty common prizes from the battledome. I had seven stored in my account, and no telling how many my daughter has.

It says multiple use on battlepedia

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/2328/ T

P.S. The Zombie is equipped with a fork (attack fork), a knife(silver butter knife) and a spoon (Rustic Wooden Spoon).

A fork, knife and spoon, what a civilized zombie. Not only is he going to eat your flesh, he brings his own tableware for the meal.

It actually would be a decent shield for the zombie, as it blocks the scythe and takes a chunk out of the stone club.

The real problem for you with the zombie, is that if you get attack with the club, scythe and "an icicle" all at the same time the attack is going to overwhelm you. One of the better shields for the zombie would be the "Shiny Shoal Shell Shield" but that is likely outside of your price range.

Still, you should be able to attack with both Hammer, and out damage him. His shields are NOT effective against the hammers.

That's pretty ironic as I spent an hour watching an episode of The Walking Dead before fighting him. ;) Definitely more polite to be sure.

And I defeated the Back Alley Bruiser too! Man, I would never done that without help from you guys. Right now I'm working on my Neopet's Level as I need to keep up with his HP before I can do any changes to his Defense or Strength.

I don't like the "new zombies", every since they started eating brains they just were not as fun. The old zombies were just animated dead in the service of a voodoo necromancer. (I'm old, BTW). I've not watched The Walking Dead, although I was a paid extra in "Day of the Dead". (I'm old, BTW).

The Warrior's shield isn't the best for the Apish Brute. However, again, since their best weapon only attacks with 6 - 8.6 worth of damage you should be fine as long as you out hit them.

I actually haven't seen much of the "zombies eating brains" part of the zombie mythology, Warm Bodies being the exception. Most of the time I just see them eating just about everything. As a zombie genre fan, I am more interested in the theme of the consequences on the human civilization after zombies, which is why World War Z is my favorite book.

And that is so cool that you were an extra on one of the classic zombie films! I put down on my bucket list to be an extra on a zombie film, no matter how bad.

I'll keep that in mind! I'll look around for more shields that can take up more punishment.

Is anyone else getting a lot of love from the Brute Squad faction? Last wave, I evened up my stats at the end (after having mostly only battled when a challenge was on), and I had 54 wins against them compared to only in the teens or twenties for the other factions. And I'm already on my third challenge against them this wave.

Be careful, some of these guys are packing disease-causing weapons.

So far, I can still take them out with 1 weapon in 1 round. I don't want to lose! But I want the prize... I'll lose after I "do my part."

If we were real smart, we'd be hording the cures for the battledome diseases.

Old Voodoo zombies didn't really want to eat human flesh and could be killed with salt.

Yeppers, I got to play a Air Force Lieutenant turned zombie extra, even though I'm pretty sure I was a Captain at the time.

I'm fairly certain filling the "do your part" bar will determine what level of prizes you qualify for at the end, so yes, please do it. Have you tried using battle muffins? Do you have any of the more inexpensive weaons suggestions we mentioned in the last few pages? Are you close to the next boost in strength or defense (or can you increase HP and not have to train level)? If so, train train train. This wave will probably last 2-3 days. Do you have any faerie abilities? Enough bottles to get one? If you can afford it, get lens flare (get the air-one first, so lens flare will only be 8 blessings); use it on your first turn combined with 2 strong attack weapons (2 muffins if you need to).

Depending on what weapons/defenses you have, certain baddies might be easier or harder. Check TDN's guide to see what weapons they have, and try to match yours. Choose attack weapons (including muffins) with more icons that they have no (or very little) shield for. Choose defensive weapons (reflectors if your stats are low, or the full-light blocking parasol of unfortunate demise) that match the icons they can hit with the most punch. If they're hitting harder than you, you need to end the battle quickly, so focus on attacking rather than defending, but try different strategies.

To get the flawless challenge, you might also consider using the 1-use thick smoke bomb, perhaps one of the 1-use healing potions that can be brought into the battledome (pick one strong enough to heal you to full health -- jade elixir automatically does that, but there might be a cheaper one that heals up to X HP if you have low HP -- make sure you can take it into battle). You could take your chances with a green frost cannon (which has a low rate of freezing, but if you get lucky, it's good for another turn, and the losses would help you fill your bar in the meantime. Or if you can afford it, get a scroll of freezing which is a 100% freezer, but fragile. Strategy:

If you can take them out in two rounds:

1) Lens flare + bomb + bomb (bomb probably = muffin, but it could be your strongest attack weapon depending on how much of their HP you can take out)

2) Thick smoke bomb + bomb + strongest same-round attack ability

If you need more rounds, try:

1) Lens flare + bomb + freezer (if using green frost cannon, if it doesn't work, you may want to lose rather than waste 1-use items)

2) strongest attack ability + bomb + bomb (or use a healer here if you lost HP round 1)

3) thick smoke bomb + bomb + strongest attack ability

This is expensive, but it can get you the achievement. The prize is an amber sword, which isn't a very good weapon. In TFR, the achievements made things more fun but didn't count towards final prizes (because you were already given an award for them, on the spot). So it's probably not worth the cost of the 1-use items, unless you're a completist. It could also be used to complete doing your part more quickly, but if you're going to spend that much on 1-use items, you might as well upgrade your weapon(s).

thanks for the reply man, yes i have some ok weapons and a parasol of unfortunate demise. Which enemy would this be best against. I have a rainbow scroll, scarab ring, ridiculously heavy battle hammer but my hp is only 24 so im struggling

Train HP; every point counts. What are your other stats? And get some healer(s) you can bring into the 'dome.

Single-use (check SW to see which is cheapest): bombaberry elixir (11), pale elixir (9), puce elixir (15), amulet of life (100%), jade elixir (100%), life giver (100%), lucky robots foot (100%), juicy elixir (7 - you probably want more than this), condensed faerie essence (10?), ultranova (3-24, ave. 13.5, but also attacks 3.4 fire, 3.4 air, 3 light), dark nova (3-24, ave. 13.5, but also attacks 5 dark, 3.4 fire), supernova (2-16, ave. 9, but also attacks 3 light, 2.6 fire).

Once per battle (can reuse in next battle): bronze scorchstone (15), magical healing potion (15), red scorchstone (20), lesser healing scroll (25), helm of recovery (50), mud mixture (1-5, but also attacks 6E and can use w/ a real healer too) and the similar caustic potion

Keep in mind that healing costs you an attack and may drag it out an extra round, making you die anyway, so I'd recommend only getting a healer that will heal the majority of your HP, and not bother with the dual-duty ones, except maybe a stronger nova.

Okay, your weapons:

Rainbow scroll: 3A3W3L (this is going for about the same as an oversized maractite rune sword, which does 3W2L2P but defends 3W, it's also a lot more than the 9-icon ridiculously heavy battle hammer which does 3A3E3P)

RHBH: 3A3E3P

Scarab ring: 2W2D2P, def 3F3P

Parasol: def all light 3W 1.4-5E

You didn't say what your str and def boosts are; I assume they're 20 (1.25x). Your current max attack is 21*1.25 (with no defense) = 26.25, which would take 4 turns assuming they never defended or healed. On easy, the opponents are at 80, so I assume it's a 2x str boost. If they double-attack you, you could be dead on the first round without a shield. I think you can go 2-3 rounds max, with a healer (unless you get lens flare, use a thick smoke bomb, or get really lucky). So you'll need muffins or an upgrade (scroll of knowledge is 11-icons, and scroll of the scholar is 10-icons). Two muffins + static cling = 33*1.25=41.25 icons per turn. You could use 2 muffins+static cling, followed by either 2 more muffins+static cling if you can survive, or heal + 1 muffin+static cling, dual-duty + 1 muffin+static cling (though if you need to go 3 rounds, using 4 muffins might be overkill, and you could replace some with one of your regular weapons). Pick muffins from TDN's database that will get through their shields. Using 2 scrolls of knowledge + static cling, that's 31.25/round, so you'd need to go 3 rounds still.

Thief's weapons: 3A3P, 2W2F 0.3-3P, 5A3D3E, 5W3P, 2E 0.3-3P, def 3L3P, def 3A3L3P, 30% stealer. Remember that he can dish out 2x (and defend 2x) the number of icons listed because of his boosts. His 11-iconer would take all but 2 of your HP, unless you used your parasol, which would only save you from (1.4 to 5)*1.25 of the earth damage = 1.75 to 6 (the max), so you'd still lose 16 to 20.25 HP from that one weapon alone. Plus his defense is focused on air, light, and physical, and your two best weapons each deal 2 of these three types, so he could reduce their attacks to a mere 3-icons. He would not be a good opponent for you.

You can go through the other opponents here, clicking on their weapons and seeing what they do (read the fine print). Your best bet would be someone who deals a lot of light (with water and earth as their secondaries) and can't defend air/water/light or air/earth/physical. Then you can do some math and play what-if scenarios. You can always get lucky, e.g., if the thief used his stealer and shield on round 1, then his two shields on round 2, but that's going to take a while.

With your low stats, getting even 1 win is going to be really difficult (without the special 1-use items I mentioned) unless you get lucky. Pick the opponent you think you have the best chance on, and fight him. You'll get a lot of losses, but you might eke out a win or two. Visit the healing springs every 30 minutes, to heal *and* to buy one of the everlasting apple, dewberry reviver, bubbling healing goo, or super strength healing potions (check SW first); sell them for profit to fund your buying of the cheaper healing potions that are all you need.

Here's an even easier solution: if you have space, adopt a stronger pet! Some people are offering theirs on the neoboards (make sure you don't give them anything in exchange; it's illegal to "buy" or "sell" pets), or there might be some strong orphans with bad names/ugly species in the pound.

I've already loaned out one of my better pets, HP 81 Str 55 Def 55. That is likely about the bare minimum to get through this round, with some decent weapons. My daughter has an account and I have account, so I spent most of my time training her pet. My account, LenaFrogLena has HP 112, Str 85+ Def 85+ a Yblaster, Scroll of Knowledge, random firing freeze ray. It can get past Nefarious Plotter, although just by the skin of his teeth at times.

I might make it to 125 str before the end of the war, and that might help but I don't think he's strong enough to make it through all the way. Lens Flare really helps, and the best way to get Lens Flare is buy enough bottled air to obtain Pillow, then convert it using 8 bottled light.

Seekers! I did the Flawless Victory!

By the way this idea of getting some other ability and then change it for a light one for half the price is very clever. I did this completely by accident for the Positive Thinking (best ability for my pet ever), when I first took Cranky and then actually read this article and realized my mistake.