Official Order of the Red Erisim Discussion Thread

Anime

Greetings my fellow magic users. ^^

I haven't joined in any plot in ages so I'm quite excited about this one!

Although I am quite unsure on what I'm supposed to do.

I still haven't "done my part" yet :(

Hopefully, I'll catch up tomorrow. ;w;

Greetings my fellow magic users. ^^

I haven't joined in any plot in ages so I'm quite excited about this one!

Although I am quite unsure on what I'm supposed to do.

I still haven't "done my part" yet :(

Hopefully, I'll catch up tomorrow. ;w;

TNT said in the news that there was going to be a new wave on Sunday. Better hurry and get those wins!

New wave on Sunday... Kind of bothers me. I want that gold check mark for doing it day of release, but I don't tend to be online very much on Sundays.

Well depending on how hard they are and how much you trained, you could probably do 40 fights on hard.

Just got done reading the new posts, Nice job guys! Every win helps, I'm mainly posting my wins to discourage other factions. LOL But I may end up INSPIRING some of them too, to beat me I guess. I'm sure there are other players who've ALSO been building up the wins, I'm sure I don't have the most victories, though I haven't seen anyone posting them, I know there's always someone better out there. ;) LOL But! As long as we do our parts we CAN win this war! :D

On the personal note, I'm fighting to hopfully earn access to a great prize. Hopefully a piece of useful equipment. ;) As I;ve said, this is probably the first war I've been in that I feel like I may be able to go a decent distance in. It's exciting. Something Neo hasn't really been for me in awhile. Fun, yes, exciting? hardly. LOL But as I joined this faction, I am fighting to help do my part to hopefully help us win the war as a faction.

But also, I believe in the magic user type. I think we can show we have more spark than mere fireballs, and more talent than just sawing a cybunny in half. ;) Often times, people think strength in terms of pure muscle and Brute force. They discount those of intellect who can better understand things and while perhaps not always as physically strong as others, can see new ways of getting around the same obstacles. It's how Stonehenge was probably built, the pyramids needed more than brute strength too, even the Roman colluseum was made with the balance of brains to brawn.

Gee, maybe I should take up motivational speaking?.... Nah! LOL

Keep up the good work guys! Not sure how many battles I'll get in today, but 50-100 more wins against each would be nice. lol I wish I didn't have other things to deal with today. lol

EDIT: Break time! Current tally.

Petty Pilferer 302
Amateur Insider 300
Rent-a-Brute 300
Assistant Scientist 300
Grumpy Mummy 300

If the BD isn't lagging when I get done with my break, I might go for more tonight before the alleged 2nd wave hits. ;)

Hope everyone's battling is going well! Good luck my fellow magicians!

I think that the "Do your part" is something like the minimum you have to do to help your faction. Probably, kind like the previous plots, the more you "fight", more points you'll have to spend when it's all over... but it's only a guess... :laughingsmiley:

I'm now just trying to get some experience points, as the opponents are still easy. I went from a few hundred, to almost 3000 experience points, and now I'm wondering how many points we need to level up a pet... my pet is at Level 33, if it's like... 1000 points to level up, per actual level, it will take forever... LOL

I think the Do your Part is like the kill cap. Makes sense as difficulty 8 kill cap (Same as TFR) is 30 x 3 = 90 and Doing your Part bar is fill up after 96 wins on difficulty 8.

I think the Do your Part is like the kill cap. Makes sense as difficulty 8 kill cap (Same as TFR) is 30 x 3 = 90 and Doing your Part bar is fill up after 96 wins on difficulty 8.

I was thinking the Do your Part would be the minimum you'd have to do for your faction. Instead of a cap, why would we be able to fight beyond the cap? I was also thinking that perhaps it has something to do with total points or awards at the end of the war. Like, advancing tiers. But without someone from TNT confirming, it's all speculation. i got my "Do your part" bar filled before I even knew it was a gauge. Even before I had 50 total battles. And that was pretty quickly that I checked for the two achievements, Dapper Dome and Stick 'Em With the Pointy End.

Speculation aside, back to the dome! :D Got 2 hours before midnight NST and I'm gonna see how many wins I can get by then! :D

EDIT:: Made my secondary goal! :D 2000 total victories! :D

Petty Pilferer 400

Amateur Insider 400

Rent-a-Brute 400

Assistant Scientist 400

Grumpy Mummy 400

All for the ......

For the first wave, I wanted to reach 50, and then 100 the next day. That backfired as I ended up being busy -.-

Right now they're all late 30's, early 40's. Looking at the BD today though, it looks like you can still fight the first wave, which is good news for me :)

I'm having trouble getting the Faction Challenge for the second wave.. anyone have any tips on how to get it? /:

Just tried to battle, and got a draw in easy mode... :sad02:

My pet is too weak to continue...

I think that even if I get battledome equipment I'll not be able, he's really weak

Maybe, if I change to my other pet that has lower level and higher life points I can do at least the easy mode... (the one I zap at lab ray that have all the stats messed up)

Bee, sorry. I haven't solved the achievments yet either.

I have 32 total victories so far for wave 2, and my bar is almost 2/3rds full. I don't know if either will be achieved when the bar is full, or if we need to beat each one of the new wave to achieve one. (I haven't taken on the zombie yet)

Eri_K, that might be something to try. If the lab-pet has more HP and strength it might take you further. Good luck!

Best of luck to you both!

EDIT:

Eri_K, just had a thought, we can still challenge the 1st wave opponents, at least I think we can still, they still show up on the opponent page. So, maybe you guys with the lower level pets can still battle and gain points from beating them? Try fighting the first wave opponents and see if your progress bar fills after a couple of battles. If that works, you can still help by kicking those opponents' rears! :D

Bee, sorry. I haven't solved the achievments yet either.

I have 32 total victories so far for wave 2, and my bar is almost 2/3rds full. I don't know if either will be achieved when the bar is full, or if we need to beat each one of the new wave to achieve one. (I haven't taken on the zombie yet)

Eri_K, that might be something to try. If the lab-pet has more HP and strength it might take you further. Good luck!

Best of luck to you both!

EDIT:

Eri_K, just had a thought, we can still challenge the 1st wave opponents, at least I think we can still, they still show up on the opponent page. So, maybe you guys with the lower level pets can still battle and gain points from beating them? Try fighting the first wave opponents and see if your progress bar fills after a couple of battles. If that works, you can still help by kicking those opponents' rears! :D

The first achievement will be completed if you fill up the second bar. The other one you get if you complete a faction challenge. Just refresh for 10 minutes or so and you'll probably get one.

I'm done filling up the bar. Piece of cake.

I just lost in easy mode D:
My pet only has 12 hitpoints and the easy mode is 35, that's no fair fight at all.

So, I just had an idea and tried it. Fighting opponents from the first wave will also fill up your bar. So for people with untrained pets, such as myself, it might be better to just keep battling the first wave.

Edit: I think I might be wrong about the above. But that would mean losing a fight will also count as "doing your part". Going to test that.

Edit 2: Yes. I was wrong. Fighting the first wave will not fill up your bar, losing a battle will, though.

I changed my pet to battle, and it's working better now, with more HP. But my equipment is really cheap/weak, like, 16/18 damage points, no matter the pet that is using it. Weapons damage are always the same, no matter the level or stats? *totally noob*

I got a better result using Slime Mega Blaster and Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer. Think that they are the best weapons I own, then now I need to buy something more suitable... any advice? (obviously I got those around for free, and have absolutely no idea on how I can buy ANY weapon).

Some people didn't get any faction challenge? I got two tonight already, maybe it's just "luck"?! :P

Will this plot be only battledome? It's kind of boring having to fight all day...

I changed my pet to battle, and it's working better now, with more HP. But my equipment is really cheap/weak, like, 16/18 damage points, no matter the pet that is using it. Weapons damage are always the same, no matter the level or stats? *totally noob*

I got a better result using Slime Mega Blaster and Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer. Think that they are the best weapons I own, then now I need to buy something more suitable... any advice? (obviously I got those around for free, and have absolutely no idea on how I can buy ANY weapon).

Some people didn't get any faction challenge? I got two tonight already, maybe it's just "luck"?! :P

Will this plot be only battledome? It's kind of boring having to fight all day...

Weapon damage is calculated using this formula: (icons dealt x your strength boost) - damage blocked

Lets say you use a Slime Mega Blaster and a Rainbow Scroll. Your strength boost is 55, your defence boost is also at 55 and your opponents strength and defence boost is 35. Your opponent uses a Golden Compass and Scuzzys Comb. You deal 2 fire, 5 water, 5 air, 3 light and 2 earth with your weapons. Multiply that by 2 and you get a total of 34 damage. Your opponent defends against dark but you didn't use any dark so this is the total damage you did to your opponent that round: (17x2)-(0x1.5)=34. If your opponent defends 4.5 damage worth of earth, but you dealt your opponent only 4 damage worth of earth, the total damage would be: (17x2)-4=30 because in defending you need to subtract using damage not icons. Your opponent deals: 8 light, 5 physical, 3 air and 3 fire. His strength boost is 35 so he deals 1.5 damage per icon. You didn't defend against any icons that round, so this is the total damage your opponent dealt to you that round: (19x1.5)=28.5 round it off and it's 29 damage.

Yes, since this is a war, you only get battles. :(

Just buy a weapon from the SW like you would buy any item.

Tip: Just use vladvigne and your Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer and Slime Mega Blaster plus the free ability Static Cling to kill any opponent on easy in only 1-2 turns. Don't bother about healing.

OMG! :axehead:

I'm feeling dizzy only seeing all those numbers, and I didn't try to calculate anything, because fail-me can't deal with numbers at all... :S

Thanks for trying to explain, rockyroad1... :laughingsmiley: maybe that can help other people too... I think I need a strategy, but having absolutely no idea on how the weapons/stats/levels works just makes everything confusing. Actually it's like "hit first and see what happens".

If it's going to be only battledome, then probably my help will end here... :crying_blow: Fighting that second wave in easy mode is all I can do, and if the next one will come out following the upgrade of this one it will be impossible for me to fight... :(

Now I've completed that Faction Challenge achievement completed, I've decided to go back to the first wave opponents, and get them to the numbers wanted, if not near. Then I'll completed today's bar later tonight... hoping I'll stay awake to finish it all.

I drew with that stupid Smug Philosopher when I had more than double hit points left and he, under 10 -.-

Got an error message & hoped it didn't go through but it did. :grrr:

Huh, interesting. I just had a draw against the guy from the Brute Squad... But my numbers say that I won.

Edit: Okay, this is really weird. I've now had a draw and a loss with the Back Alley Bruiser, but it says I have a win and a draw.

Ok. I probably sound noobish, please forgive me, but I really am a bd noob. haha.

I saw the basic weapon set article being updated (?? I'm not really sure since I don't see an edit date or such but I am pretty sure it did. ;w;)

So I went and bought a Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer and also snagged myself a Scroll of Scholar for cheap to replace my Scarab Rings (and wow, the other weapons are seriously inflated huhu). Is it advisable to not have a defense item for the war or am I going into battle suicide if I do that? welp.

Also, for training, which stats should I train in order? ;w;

Haha. Thanks guys!

BTW, is there a way to see the standing of our faction in the war? (obviously i have no idea ;A; sorry if I sound totally noobish... ;w;)

Ok. I probably sound noobish, please forgive me, but I really am a bd noob. haha.

I saw the basic weapon set article being updated (?? I'm not really sure since I don't see an edit date or such but I am pretty sure it did. ;w;)

So I went and bought a Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer and also snagged myself a Scroll of Scholar for cheap to replace my Scarab Rings (and wow, the other weapons are seriously inflated huhu). Is it advisable to not have a defense item for the war or am I going into battle suicide if I do that? welp.

Also, for training, which stats should I train in order? ;w;

Haha. Thanks guys!

BTW, is there a way to see the standing of our faction in the war? (obviously i have no idea ;A; sorry if I sound totally noobish... ;w;)

I don't know about the article being changed, I didn't write or edit it. lol

The prices on there are probably a pre-war average.

While it is advisable to have defense, people who use the lab ray on their pets for a long time, often have super high HP and Strength, but very low defense and level.

It IS advisable to have defensive items, especially some like Downsize! (Yes with the exclaimation point, it's in the name on neopets)

Could you post your pet stats and your current set? And if you have a budget, how much are you looking to spend?

You will probably get more help from other users, if you post the training and your set questions to this forum. http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/forum/72-battledome-battlepedia-chat/ It is the main forum for battle questions and chat.

As for what I think you should train for stats, it's a bit pricey, but I'd recommend going balanced. Keeping your HP, Strength and Defense around twice your pet's Level. If 1 stat goes over 2x the level, you'll need to train level so that your highest stat is 2x the level or less.

At mystery Island's training school, you can train 3x your HP, but, if you do that, you can't train any other stats until your HP is only 2x your level, meaning you need to raise your level to lower the multiple. It's a bit confusing, and kind of a silly quirk, IMHO. So stick with just training your HP, Strength and Defense 2x your level. If you are at a low enough level that you can train at the Academy on Krawk Island, I recommend doing so, it can take a little longer, but the courses are cheaper as they use dubloons, which are cheaper than most if not all codestones.

I hope this helps!

I don't know about the article being changed, I didn't write or edit it. lol

The prices on there are probably a pre-war average.

While it is advisable to have defense, people who use the lab ray on their pets for a long time, often have super high HP and Strength, but very low defense and level.

It IS advisable to have defensive items, especially some like Downsize! (Yes with the exclaimation point, it's in the name on neopets)

Could you post your pet stats and your current set? And if you have a budget, how much are you looking to spend?

You will probably get more help from other users, if you post the training and your set questions to this forum. http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/forum/72-battledome-battlepedia-chat/ It is the main forum for battle questions and chat.

As for what I think you should train for stats, it's a bit pricey, but I'd recommend going balanced. Keeping your HP, Strength and Defense around twice your pet's Level. If 1 stat goes over 2x the level, you'll need to train level so that your highest stat is 2x the level or less.

At mystery Island's training school, you can train 3x your HP, but, if you do that, you can't train any other stats until your HP is only 2x your level, meaning you need to raise your level to lower the multiple. It's a bit confusing, and kind of a silly quirk, IMHO. So stick with just training your HP, Strength and Defense 2x your level. If you are at a low enough level that you can train at the Academy on Krawk Island, I recommend doing so, it can take a little longer, but the courses are cheaper as they use dubloons, which are cheaper than most if not all codestones.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the help dude:)

Yes. I kind of figured that the inflation was due to war. ;A;

I said that the article changed because I could have sworn that scarab ring was up there the last time I checked. ohwell haha. :))

I see. I don't have a lab ray so I train my pet in the academy/training school. I guess I can leave out speed training though? Or will it matter in the future levels? Or is battle completely turn based so speed wont really matter except for some items? (or if your opponent is faster, he can hit you 2 times before your turn like other games that rely on your speed stats?) idk.

I guess I'll experiment with the battledome sets. I only need enough to be able to beat the wave 2 foes. And so far, my stats are pretty low at lv 19, hp 35, atk 37, def 30. :( i don't really stand a chance with mighty mode. ;A;

ahwell... more training for me. hehe

good luck faction, sorry i can't really help out with the wins for wave 2. ;A;