Official Thieves Guild Discussion Thread

Mouseykins

Yes second wave has come! Good luck fellow Thieves!

2_1_z5iwgeui.png

Not A Quitter Full the "Doing Your Part" bar for the Second Assault wave of challengers. coff_caramel_frap.gif

2_2_au54h93q.png

Daring Dare-doer Complete a Faction Challenge. sch_goldstarssheet.gif

Sweet guys ^^ I still kill them with one hit thankfully :P hopefully I can next wave as well.

Looks like we're in the same boat. I can usually do about 100 damage on my first hit, so I'm not too worried (yet).

Go Thieves Go!!! We can do this!!! :D

I'd never really participated in the battledome, and I never really thought to train until they told me. I built from beginning stats to 51 hp, 55 str, and 37 def in like a month... Although I understand that people are like "omg the jump was expected", I feel like it was a bit of a big jump.

I can still beat them on hard, but I'm not gonna last very long at this rate D:

If you need any suggestions let me know and I'll see if I can help. :)

My gosh this lag is getting really bad!! :( Just getting through 10 battles is taking a while.

I feel like if I take the time to do some weapons/shields upgrades (and, you know, maybe purchase a healer since I'm rolling without one now) I might stand a better chance. The Basic Sets page for the Battlepedia has changed now. I had used the Intermediate set guide before the war started, but now it seems my set is more of a beginner set. I'm just shying away from all the inflated prices...

I don't blame you for shying away from the inflation. I decided to upgrade my set about 3 months ago and I'm glad I did that or I'd be in serious trouble in later tiers.

I believe earlier this week our BP staff went over the basic set recommendations and updated them according to the current market. I'm not exactly sure what changes they made, but it's a good starting point.

If none of you have a good icon weapon I would suggest a scroll of knowledge they're not that expensive for the amount of icons that they do and should help you out. It's a much cheaper alternative to a Honey Potion. :)

Congrats on fighting through the lag. I've given up for now. I'll try again later, or I might just get up early in the morning and get them done then.

I'd never really participated in the battledome, and I never really thought to train until they told me. I built from beginning stats to 51 hp, 55 str, and 37 def in like a month... Although I understand that people are like "omg the jump was expected", I feel like it was a bit of a big jump.

I can still beat them on hard, but I'm not gonna last very long at this rate D:

I was a big jump. Obviously it's to be expected that opponents will get progressively harder but it's a big gap from 8 to 35. It'll be interesting to see how big the next jump will be and for how long I can remain competitive.

I'm spending the day training my pet seeing as this was a HUGE jump in difficulty. I don't know how much longer I will be able to remain relevant which is kind of a let down. Does every battle count or only the winning ones?

I think all we really need to worry about is filling the "Doing your part" bar until we have a checkmark. :)

I'm getting my numbers to an even 20 just for good measure and then I'm done. :)

Keep up the fantastic work Thieves!! We will claim the Obelisk!! :D

Feasibly, I cannot train my current fighter... His HP is WAAAY too high to make it a viable option. Blasted Labray. He's lvl 1 with the following stats:

- Battledome Stats -

Hit Points: 128 / 128

Strength: EXCELLENT (58)

Defence: heavy

Movement: EXCELLENT (46)

Intelligence: genius

I can train my current fighter, but it seems like more of an equipment problem to me. Though training would help and all, it takes ten hours at the academy for him now. I could switch to the Mystery Island school, but I really am bad at the games and have trouble earning np to afford codestones. I have dubloons stocked up from the dailies, though those are running out.

Feasibly, I cannot train my current fighter... His HP is WAAAY too high to make it a viable option. Blasted Labray. He's lvl 1 with the following stats:

- Battledome Stats -

Hit Points: 128 / 128

Strength: EXCELLENT (58)

Defence: heavy

Movement: EXCELLENT (46)

Intelligence: genius

I'm in the same boat. I need to get my battler to around level 500 before I can train anything but level (she's level 161 now), so I think it's best for me to let the war inflation blow over before starting the training again.

Just keep trying guys ^^ it may take a little longer and a little more effort but that's the point for challenges, to challenge yourself ^_-. I know you all can do it!

So if I am correct there is no way to add HP to my pet?? This is so frustrating! If this is true, is it better for me to fight and lose? Or not fight at all? I'm so confused! I have some great weapons but without the HP it's difficult. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much!