Official Thieves Guild Discussion Thread

Mouseykins

I can't blame anyone that don't want to buy any weapons/shields/codestones just because how crazy inflated they all are :O

I'm happy to still defeat the current wave with just one hit but I wonder how far I can handle Mighty? I know I definitely improved from the last plot so the extra training long ago helped!

Getting those weak bottles just for battling also can help people get some extra damage in with the abilities ^^

@Lilly: There's always those Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies and hoping for that increase unless you wanna wait for a RE quest. I know you can train HP in the Training School and not have to worry about your level....it's just that darn inflation :/

Lilly,

Sure there are ways to train HP, its under "endurance" at the training school and academy. I didnt see that you posted your stats, so unless you are severely unbalanced, you sure can train it up!

:D

Thanks everyone for the advice! I will start training Endurance ASAP! I have never battled before this so my pet really isn't up to snuff anyways. lol The inflation is yucky but with my Habi I should be able to make it back every day.

I am loving the Battledome and was so bummed if I was going to be losing the rest of the Plot...

I completed the second wave, and unlocked the achievements as well (it took me ages to get a faction challenge though, and I got mine only after I filled up the purple do your part bar). I'm only training HP / Endurance at the moment. I don't have the money to train up to the next strength and defense boost, and every extra hit point helps, I think. It's all fairly easy for Chelinde still, and I OHKO most of the enemies, but if the difficulty level keeps increasing exponentially I won't last much longer.

I wonder where it's all going too. Hard to believe this will just be a straight out war with increasingly difficult opponents. Surely some higher power will soon interfere?

(Let's take what we can before they do, thieves!)

Thanks everyone for the advice! I will start training Endurance ASAP! I have never battled before this so my pet really isn't up to snuff anyways. lol The inflation is yucky but with my Habi I should be able to make it back every day.

I am loving the Battledome and was so bummed if I was going to be losing the rest of the Plot...

What I do/did when I was training was I wouldn't pull neopoints out of my bank account. All the funds would come from money I already had on hand. This helped me to continue saving and it didn't really impact my bank account at all.

So far I'm not all that impressed with the war plot/event. There's no comics or anything telling us what's going on like a normal plot with a story line. The continuous battling without much of a storyline is a bit of a let down. Though I'll continue to fight and do my part, I was hoping for something a bit more. I guess we'll have to see how things progress. :)

I totally agree with Mouseykins. I'm missing the plotline, puzzles and such that were included in other plots. I'm happy to have a plot, but it's almost like beyond the original videos, it's more hack and slash than actual plot so far.

I'm still training and have been using dubloons I stocked up before the plot. I'm near out though. I plan on only using the money I earn each day rather than digging into savings. Not that there's ever much in either location XD

I wish you all luck and I really hope this event/plot does not last too long. A lot of us are going to have trouble. I know if they go up any further I may have to switch to medium and then eventually easy.

Good luck everyone and do the best you can! We're Thieves, we can do this!!!! :D

The achievements alone for this wave makes me feel iffy x'D

Lose one match on purpose and then don't get hit at all but still finish them off!

Without a freezer (got lent one by an awesome person) and Lens Flare...that first achievement won't be easy xD

EDIT: For our guild, I did manage to fight the plotter without taking any damage on Mighty and no freezer/lens flare so I just thought I'd drop that to help anyone. Be careful of him giving you a Neowarts though!

Morning guys! I have a couple of questions for everyone.

First..how many of you are opening the casks? I opened my first ones today, I wanted the background and got it :P Just curious as to how many people are actually opening them.

And...on the flawless victory, do you have to not get hit? Or just finish with full health? I have seen both listed as what you need to do to get the ach.

Morning guys! I have a couple of questions for everyone.

First..how many of you are opening the casks? I opened my first ones today, I wanted the background and got it :P Just curious as to how many people are actually opening them.

And...on the flawless victory, do you have to not get hit? Or just finish with full health? I have seen both listed as what you need to do to get the ach.

I'm opening them :) and I love most of the items so far ^^ Especially the Thieves and Order items :P

Raiding Party - Achievements

3_1_4j3u9sie.png Flawless Victory Win a battle with full hit-points. (You are allowed to take damage as long as when the battle ends, you have full hit-points.) bd_gemgold_sword.gif

3_2_t4wr4y8x.png I Used To Be A Great Battler Lose a battle. bd_ice_muffin.gif

Thats what you need to do for the achievements this time. For the flawless victory you can lose HP, just make sure you're at full HP when you beat the oponent. l think all I did was select the Brute on easy, attacked with my Golden Compass and Scroll of knowledge and use one of my healing abilities. Killed him in one hit while healing the little HP I lost. My pet is pretty high in stats so I dont' know how it'll work for you guys.

Well, I'm going to do my best, but it looks like I may be done. I was never typically a battler so even though I did my best to upgrade before the plot it wasn't good enough to take on the second wave. All well. It was fun while it lasted!! I think I may still try for some of the daily achievements, we'll see. Good luck everyone!

Thanks Sakeru!!

I do like the items also, I was glad I bought the keys :D

I dont think I will be going on much after this round *sigh* These HP jumps are getting wicked! I am grabbing a free train today but after he is done, I am going back to the training school. I am much happier paying more for shorter training times. I usually get him in 2-3 times a day, and right now I have a cookie, so I want to grab him the extra trains while I can.

On a happy note, I had really good luck with items from battles today, 8 faeries and 2 codestones :P for me, thats awesome!! I dont get good stuff much lols

*squishy hugs*

:P

this was from a guildie...now I know I have doing my share of overkilling, but I feel pretty pathetic after reading this......COME ON THIEVES!!

Brutes are keen to win, lots of overkilling going on. There's one guy I know of that has 800 each in
the first wave & 1200 each in the second.

*squishy hugs*

:P

this was from a guildie...now I know I have doing my share of overkilling, but I feel pretty pathetic after reading this......COME ON THIEVES!!

My guild member has 1700+ for us Thieves just for the first two waves, we can keep up :P just practice and if you can't beat the new waves beat up the old ones ^^

lol Sakeru, very nice!! I dont know any other thieves outside of the board here. I am almost through my doing your part for this wave, but its work now ek! I will end up going back to the lowbies when the next wave hits :( But I dont mind that, I love fighting LOL!

Going down to the lower waves doesn't fill the progress bar or else I would so be doing that every day. I'm really bummed I can't do my part anymore without it being a losing fight every time. And when you lose you don't gain your hit points back so I was spending a ton on healing potions. :-(

Edit: I've also been frustrated that even when my opponent is at ZERO hits points he can still take three or four more shots at me. A few times in the second wave I was psyched because I was at like 15 and my adversary at 0, but I still ended up on a draw, or losing because they were able to gain hit points back with their attack.

Goodness, my scoresheet looks a hot mess now. XD It's really pretty pathetic. I'm down to fighting on easy because at least there I have a chance at winning, though I've also got a couple more losses and ties. Flawless Victory simply isn't going to happen for me. I have a snowglobe staff, but even with that freezer it's not possible for me to beat the opponent quickly enough to avoid taking damage beyond what I can heal. I'll be filling my bar, but this is not at all a good look. I'll be entirely useless for the next tier. Though a part of me sort of hopes storyline will take over after this tier. I know, shallow hope, but still.