Official Brute Squad Discussion Thread

demon_aj

It is hard to wait, knowing our enemies are too blind to see our strength and fear it. But we must strike at the right moment.

BRUTE SQUAD!!!!

MADNESS?!, MADNESS!? THIS. IS. BRUTE SQUAD!.

WE WILL GO HOME WITHOUT SHIELD! OR ON IT!

NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND WHENEVER THE PLOT ENDS, WE DINE, IN..... o.o

GIVE THEM NOTHING!!!!

TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!!!

bumper.jpg

Greetings fellow Brute!

hail and well met soldier.

Your pet will be absolutely fine in the war! Be ready to crush the weaklings who oppose us! your set is great!

To be honest though, honey potion is out of fashion ;) you should sell it and grab some shields so you can withstand blows from enemies.

1gorb5.jpg

I have come to warn you!

Listen closely, as I will not return here.

Magic will triumph over brutes as it always has, strengthening as our numbers grow, and our power will overwhelm you.

Put your archaic clubs down and join us before it is too late!!!

If you choose any other path, you shall be shown no mercy, and perish with the rest.

*cackles and poofs in a puff of smoke*

Brute Squad!

Silly mages, as bad as those pesky thieves! They sit and study such non existent nonsense!

True strength comes from brawn! The result of hard days work towards battle

As a veteran battler, feel free to neomail me with any questions regarding battling or the upcoming war. I'm glad to be of service

http://www.neopets.com/neopedia.phtml?neopedia_id=288

The Brutes have entered the Neopedia! come take a look at our clans history

I know this isn't my faction, but I thought I'd say how impressed with TNT's Neopedia article I was.

It definitely put a different light on the whole "brute" idea, it brought more to light than just the strength associated with the squad, but also the positive of what the leader did for Neopia (and Faerieland, apparently.) and what the leader put together, to protect everyone. :D

So good luck guys! (Even though you know magic is better ;) )

No love for the brute squad (Or at least very little)? Well I'm still happy with my choice~ I did like the Neopedia Article a lot, and how Commander Flint formed the Brute Squad in order to keep the peace and stop trouble before it got out of hand. It leads me to believe that the Brute Squads intentions are the most honest out of what all of the factions intend to do with the Obelisk.

Stronger Together!

If only we had a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak, storming this obelisk would be easy. Pity.

Also sad to see so little love for the Brute Squad! I suppose most of Neopia is too young to see the phrase and giggle immediately because of the reference. I will, however, do my part and then some to take up some slack.

Beware opposing factions! Flaming brutes have appeared at the gates for your sooooooooouls!

I think Vpot and Ppot are glitched in the BD, because they don't take advantage of my opponents strength boost like they normally do in 1P-battles. So I started using Ultra Dark Reflectorb and Shovel Plus, which actually reflects up to 500HP back to the Wrath. Who would've guessed that a weapon with the value of 9NP would be so useful xD This actually allows me to do some damage! The SoS and Gbomb have not been working that well for me on the Wrath.

My tactics is just to try and reflect as much damage as possible back to Wrath, so his HP will become lower until someone is able to take him out. That won't probably be me, as I'm gong to sleep after I've capped 300 battles. But at best, I will have done 150 000 damage to him when I'm finished.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Inconceivable! Where have all the Brute bandwagoneers gone? I didn't have time to battle yesterday (I barely got my dailies done, and missed Food Club completely, which stinks since I was saving up wins for a trophy -- I might still be a contender for one even without yesterday, but it would have helped).

Anyway! I'm focusing 2/3 on Awakened, 1/3 on Sway, and sticking to the top 2 tiers (I can one-hit the second tier, but it's at least 2 rounds against the bosses, so they take more time), unless I need healing. Aiming for 600-200 vs. Awakened and 300-100 vs. Sway. So far I have 14 wins against the twins.

How's everyone else doing?

Inconceivable! Where have all the Brute bandwagoneers gone? I didn't have time to battle yesterday (I barely got my dailies done, and missed Food Club completely, which stinks since I was saving up wins for a trophy -- I might still be a contender for one even without yesterday, but it would have helped).

Anyway! I'm focusing 2/3 on Awakened, 1/3 on Sway, and sticking to the top 2 tiers (I can one-hit the second tier, but it's at least 2 rounds against the bosses, so they take more time), unless I need healing. Aiming for 600-200 vs. Awakened and 300-100 vs. Sway. So far I have 14 wins against the twins.

How's everyone else doing?

Gone! I didn't do much any battling today, considering I was caught up in the middle of the AC and remembering How boring grinding 1000 battles are.

I don't think there is much chance of the Brutes losing. :P But I'm still doing my part, mostly against Lannie and Lillie. I'm loving the 500 boost- it usually just takes one round to knock them out now! :D

I'm actually fairly worried this round. It seems like there are a lot of people doing the bare minimum (if even), expecting the Brutes to win by sheer force of numbers. But windmills don't work that way. Every slacker cuts a hard-working Brute's numbers in half, essentially, and the Awakened, at least, seem mostly highly motivated to prove that it's not size, but dedication that counts. And TNT has been tooting that horn for forever.

I don't think there is going to be many people that are doing more than the bare minimum right now, thanks to the AC.

16 unchained monsters, 86 twins so far (shouldn't each win against them count twice?). All before midnight tonight, I've got a walk to take, strength training and physical therapy to do, a blackjack game to program, my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. Tomorrow should be better.

I really hope those who have joined Brutes are battling, thats my only real worry that people will have signed up and thought oh we will win as everyone seems to be joining Brutes and then not actually doing any more than the minimum amount of battles.

I know a couple of people who joined Awakened and they are battling like mad because they think they have to.... if others are the same we could be in trouble

I like the idea of doing 2/3 battles against Awakened and 1/3 sway as mentioned above and will shift my strategy to this (thanks for mentioning that siniri)

I wonder how much impact AC has had on the amount of Brutes actually fighting too hmmm ???

Does anyone know yet if there is any advantage in going for lots of fast battles against the lower HP opponents as opposed to taking the time to fight the harder opponents?

I joined the brute squad this time round, I have been battling every chance I get but now I have the sneezles and need to get a Magic Cookie so I can continue to battle.

Congratulations, Brute Squad we all must have worked very hard glad I joined you :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.